Harvester

Harvester Employee Reviews in Bournemouth

A typical day will include for myself doing prep in the morning such as getting salad cart ready, rotisserie chicken and starters. We were a well organised team always manged to get through the day smoothly and quietly don't get me wrong there was hiccups but always got through it no matter how big the challenge
Pros
Cycle to work scheme
Cons
Hostile environment, heavy workload, understaffed, no paid breaks - sometimes no breaks at all. They skimp on paying for all the hours worked, as well as requiring excessive amounts of cleaning for unnecessary staff. Poor management, as they are bullied by the head office. Upon filing a report action is rarely, if ever, taken.
Just a tragic place to work really Management awful Always cutting down shifts Never any consistent staff as everyone leaves or gets fired Ended up leaving because another member of staff was sexist and provocative towards me and management did nothing about it.
Pros
Money off food
Cons
Management and minging Staff
hard-working environment is not for all having to do 3 or more people's job each day, long hours every day and that it is very stressful. if you dont mined being called in to work on your days off and hollidays due to harvester not have enough staff.
Did not enjoy working with in the company hours are long and sometimes shifts get cancelled after an hour of working if it's not busy shift and winter is dead time not a lot of hours or shifts physical and mentally demanding job
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
Long hours little pay
The role was ok but sometimes colleagues can be rude and due to weather hours can be cut and loss of pay etc and sometimes hours can be long etc and can be rewarding
Pros
Rol3 is good
Cons
Lose of hours
They were not very organised, alot of running around, chasing tales, alot of tension from the higher staff, I suppose it comes with a pressured job with low pay but it was stressful. I also had to work many more hours than expected, an example; I was suppose to have the day off, they asked me to come in 10am-12 noon to fill out some forms, at the end they said they needed me to work until they had a quiet, no break/leave until 9pm. The bulk of the staff are lovely and very helpful though.
Pros
small occassional lunches, some staff are hilarious
Cons
Low pay, unreliable or unreasonable hrs
As i only worked there for a day of work experience, i don't think it fair that i review them, but i feel it was a great experience and helped me a lot.
Working at harvester was a summer temp job. Because it was summer, Harvester was very busy. Even though I wasn't a waitress, clearing tables itself was very hard! I would have to clean an amount of 3 tables within a span of 5 minutes, having them cleared of all the plates, wiped thoroughly and set up with cutlery. It doesn't sound hard, but it was. I learnt how to waitress very easily. The boss was very strict, I personally did not like her at all but don't we all? She was just doing her job. Because we were so busy all the time, I barely ever had time to meet, talk or get to know anyone I worked with. Everyone seemed very moody and sarcastic when I managed to talk to them. (Above) It was a very hard job in the span of a month, I lost 2 pounds in weight due to so much walking. My jeans can't fit me anymore, they're too big! Whenever we were really busy, and some other waitresses couldn't make it, I would be asked to cover and do waitressing, and I was very happy to help. I hated cleaning tables, but it's the money I need! Honestly, I didn't enjoy anything! I needed the money, and I got the money.
Pros
Free coke! Lost 2 pounds in weight!!
Cons
1 hour bus journey w/ 2 buses. Late finishes - getting home late.