Harvester

Harvester Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Birmingham9 reviews
washing pot and maintaining the salad bar. learnt how a big and busy kitchen works. hard and stressful work environment. large team of people all fun to work with.
Poorly managed, shifts constantly changed up to a day before WITHOUT WARNING, pay is nowhere near worth the up to 12 hour shifts where you're not allowed to sit down at all, systems constantly down, hours are a joke either way to many or basically none, the way some staff treat each other is appalling sometimes. Easy job too get but horrible to be in.
Terrible company to work for..... they cut corners so they don’t have to throw away stock..

MANAGERS ARE TOLD TO BE FIRM AND WORK TEAM LIKE SLAVES

No support

No work life balance

Called and texted on days off

No thanks

Low pay

AVOID AVOID AVOID
Pros
Cons
Terrible
It was good working there but as a trainee I felt little let down. Staff are friendly. Breaks was ok need smaller breaks more frequent. he restaurant was a good family based restaurant.
although I enjoyed working here it was the hours that really got to me. would always be put on split shifts and have late finishes and very early starts the following day.
Used this as an opportunity to build on my people skills. Pay wasn't great and long hours. Didn't feel like they cared about their employees. Wouldn't choose this as a career.
A typical day working their is hard work once you start you don't stop.
I learned a lot there but but did not take it all in as i was busy and throw in the deep end.

The management is a let down their.

Hardest part of working there is running your own tables and then helping others as well when you have got 8 tables to deal with.

Meeting new people and the members of staff you work with.
I didn't enjoy this job but got on with it and done the work with a smile on my face. I feel the training given to kitchen staff was not good enough and caused complaints from customers which then came to me as I was dealing with customers face to face.
people i worked with were lovely.
the hours were decent

i learnt alot about myself there and i learnt how to make alot of drinks that i didnt no i could.
Pros
free salad and drink (coke, hot chocolate)
Cons
far from my house
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Harvester?