Harvester Employee Reviews

Great place of work!
Chef (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks16 April 2019
The workplace itself was very good, I thoroughly enjoyed it! The staff were friendly and the managers were very understanding and sympathetic and empathetic.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Bad hours
Bad management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chorley, Lancashire8 April 2019
This was my second job and the deputy manager had some sort of issue with me. I left due to being bullied and victimised and the general manager did not do anything about the situation when I told him about it.
Pros
good hours
Cons
bad management
Absolutely horrible
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  England8 April 2019
Management are always stressed and it reflects back on staff because they get told they arent good enough. Pay is low for the work you put in. The kids colouring packs are damaging our environment and are a pain to clear up after kids chuck them on the floor and rip the paper of the crayons.
It's like slave labour.
Pros
Cons
Awful pay for the amount of work your expected to do
Avoid
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands29 March 2019
Terrible company to work for..... they cut corners so they don’t have to throw away stock..

MANAGERS ARE TOLD TO BE FIRM AND WORK TEAM LIKE SLAVES

No support
No work life balance
Called and texted on days off
No thanks
Low pay

AVOID AVOID AVOID
Pros
Cons
Terrible
My time at Harvester Gidea Park
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Romford17 March 2019
During my time at Harvester Gidea Park, I learned how to deal with pressure and fast paced atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly colleagues. The workplace culture of Harvester Gidea Park is great and really one of a kind.
Pros
50% discount for emplpoyees on menus
Cons
Not enough staff on weekends
Terrible environment so understaffed
Waitress/ FOH (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke9 March 2019
I worked here and ended up ill with my mental health from the stress they put you through. Terrible management who have no idea what they are doing. I didn’t realise this until I went to work in a restaurant elsewhere and saw how much better the management and even just the over all running of the restaurant was! Given too big of a section to deal with with in the first week of starting, expected to know everything within a day or two and given little to no support at all. Overall I would NOT recommend working here if you don’t want to run your self into the ground and end up ill.
9 years
Sous chef (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire1 March 2019
worked for M&B for 9 years great career path way and progression, worked up from a kp to a sous chef did foh and boh. worked in multiple branches and was given the freedom to express myself and progress. very flexible with out of work commitments.
Pros
flexible working
Cons
long days
Amazing workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Rowlands Castle23 February 2019
I loved working here, the environment was the best and the workers were so welcoming. As it was for work experience I wasn’t paid but the hours I worked were still worth it and I enjoyed every second.
Pros
Good breaks, drinks included
Cons
No jobs available
productive and fine workplace
clearing and laying tables (Current Employee) –  Watford15 February 2019
this restaurant has lots of good benefits. it is a good place to work for experience. it is a good place for young people. lots of good discounts. fun environment
Pros
33% discount
horrible manager
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire1 February 2019
worked at harvester 4months.wasnt too bad at first.manager very nasty.ignorant horrible little man.no people skills at all.no cleaning chemicals.the mop heads were disgusting.unfit for the job.as a result i brought my own stuff in.mops buckets and cleaning stuff for toilets.etc.swore a lot aswell.was not approachable .i felt rubbish every day.left in the end.cleaners are treated like garbage.never experienced anything like it.
Pros
near to home
Cons
bad place and management
Bad company to work for
Chef (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham31 January 2019
Not happy with the company worked all the hours under the son and still didn’t make enough at the end of the month! No car parking either wouldn’t come back.
Pros
Free salad bar
Cons
Not enough money
Fun place to work
BARMAN AND WAITER (Former Employee) –  Windsor27 January 2019
The long time staff are great to work with and the "holiday" staff are a nice change. The hours are long but totally worth it for the satisfaction of the job.
Pros
Nice people to work with
play barn assistant
Play Barn Assistance / Front of House Waitress (Former Employee) –  Middlewich, Cheshire22 January 2019
loved this job, it was one of my first full time jobs once I left college, the hours were amazing and the staff were a great bunch to work with. A very friendly place.
The mod
Evening Part Time (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire22 January 2019
great place to work, the hardest part of the job was the low pay

I really enjoyed the running of the day to day job I had here, The day was always different with different students arriving each week.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
Fun workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Dudley18 January 2019
Working at the harvester is a fun job, where you have interaction with the customers. it's satisfying when the customer has had a good experience, to which you have contributed. You always feel like part of a team and so I've learnt key team-work skills as well as communication skills through interaction with the customers. The hardest part of the job is trying to satisfy everyone. As a waitress, you must serve the customers, as well as making drinks, and taking out food. This can be demanding when the restaurant is busy, however, I enjoy the challenge.
Pros
Discount
Cons
unsociable hours
Fun environment to work within
Bar Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverhead8 January 2019
Harvesters was by far my favourite work environment to work within, The atmosphere was always upbeat and happy and the emplyers always took pride in their customers and facilities.
Fantastic team to work with, fun and welcoming
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Grange Park4 January 2019
General duties associated with running a pub/restaurant. Is the business set to trade, food/drink orders done, consumables ordered all things in order and working.
Team rotas completed, work with the team, give the guests a fantastic dining experience
unprofessional and stressfull
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands3 January 2019
managment team are a complete joke, no confidentiality what so ever and expect you to put work before your health. absolutely awful place to work. would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
33% discount
Cons
poor managment
Friendly place to work
Back of house - Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rowlands Castle, Hampshire23 December 2018
Really great company to work for. Management and co-workers are very friendly and always willing to help. Full training was provided and everyone was very patient. Jobs could sometimes get very repetitive but management were willing to change it up if you ever complained.
Pros
Friendly management, discounts when eating out at any of their pubs.
Cons
No free lunches
Busy Workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Chorley, Lancashire23 December 2018
When I worked here the manager wasn't very pleasant. It was a good job as it was busy and was good at flexible hours to work around college. The hardest part of the job was being busy and understaffed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvester. Our community is ready to answer.