Harvester Employee Reviews

United Kingdom439 reviews
Fast paced workplace
Looking after guests and explaining the whole menu to them.
I learned how to deal with any situation which may arise.

It was a competitive culture as there was always deals for the guests to choose from.

The hardest part of the job was the long weekend shifts.

The most enjoyable part was the free meals.
Never work there again
It's a typical chain of restaurants, you are just another number to them, they don't value you at all and will literally work you like a dog during the summer months and school holidays. When it's not peak season, you struggle to get even your contracted hours. You will also be expected to produce excellent food, maintaining spec quality and ahering to the product bible and still keep pace with the flow of orders, working in a small galley, put up with extreme heat and all whilst keeping your composure 'cos you are being watched by management and customers.
Overworked and Underpaid
Hostile environment, heavy workload, understaffed, no paid breaks - sometimes no breaks at all. They skimp on paying for all the hours worked, as well as requiring excessive amounts of cleaning for unnecessary staff.

Poor management, as they are bullied by the head office. Upon filing a report action is rarely, if ever, taken.
Lovely company
I loved working with a lovely team of people. Loved helping people & talking to customers. Doing nite & day stock taking & always making sure stock was out & in date
bad unit
shocking unit to work in, high pressure for poor pay
really poorly managed branch at the moment hence why the high turn over of staff, a real lack of care from managers
Harvester
My experience working for this company was very good. The managers were extremely outgoing and they were unbelievably helpful if I ever needed guidance.
N/a
I definitely wouldn’t recommend working there as they are very fair for people starting out have you doing more work than you are contracted to( unpaid)
Good place to work.
Always kept going.

Learned a lot of new things.

Were very flexible with hours and tried to cater to everyones needs.

Lots of friendly people to work alongside.
Good place to work for.
I enjoyed working for harvester as it opened up new pathways for me. I was given a responsible job role in which I relished the challenge to be a shift manager.
fun work place
i loved y time at harvester, although sometimes stressful and exhausting it was like working with a family with colleges to help pick you up and help you along the way
Pros
discounted food
Cons
non sociable hours
productive place to work with strict targets to meet
decent employer, good employees to work with and a very good focus on training and development. The main focus is on what the running costs and safety within the business. mainly long hours working as a chef.
Poor
Poor management when I worked here. constant stress. would not recommend at all. 3 managers whilst I worked here, none of them knew what they was doing and was very undermining to us loyal staff members
bad
the harvester is okay would not let me leave to get the train very long hours okay food okay working environments not the greatest. had to walk home 2 hours, okay working environment
Cons
Awful.
M&b are one of the most dreadful places to work for, always under staffed, no help or support from management and no training given to new starters and the pay is pathetic.
Shan
My experience at harvester while being employed was an experience that had taught me a lot about people. I didn’t like how I was treated by staff n customers
Do not work here
Very clicky, do not work here if you have a life,you will not fit in if you have a life , kitchen staff a bunch of mums who think they can cook. Food standards terrable.
hard working place
washing pot and maintaining the salad bar. learnt how a big and busy kitchen works. hard and stressful work environment. large team of people all fun to work with.
Great management
You get 33% off all Mitchel and butler brands. You get paid a pretty decent wage could be more, but you can cover a shift or two to top up your pay pack.
Waitress

Good rate of pay

Good share of the tips

Overall recommended
dont bother
If you want a job where you are underpaid, overworked, belittled, under-appreciated and used, then go ahead and apply.
Worked there for over 2 years and have never been treated so badly in a work place.

promised a promotion, then the gm back tracked and made me look like an idiot. higher management are awful too, told them about the gm stealing alcohol and did nothing about it.
No sympathy
No sympathy to home life working with this company. If you have family issues that require you to stay off they will see you as a burden and have no understanding