Hartpury College Employee Reviews

excellent
Equine Hydrotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartpury2 January 2019
Hartpury Hydrotherapy is fully equipped with high end facilities and equipment.
All workers have exceeding knowledge and experience within the field of equine physiotherapy, ideal for new comers.
odpwiedzialne i sterujące stanowisko
stróż nocny (Former Employee) –  Hartpury5 December 2018
Firma stawaiła za dużo wymagań, pilnowanie porządku w miasteczku studenckim, ochrona farmy i okolic, telefon i radi bez przerwy
Pros
stanowisko wyamagało dużow wyzwań i odpowiedzialmości
Cons
za duo zadań na jedną osobę (prawdopodobnie oszczędności)
Amazing
Stable Hand/Groom (Student) (Current Employee) –  Hartpury11 June 2018
A good place to further your knowledge. Friendly staff. Teach you what a lot of yards will look for in a member of staff. Never seen horses better taken care of.
Hard work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Gloucestershire26 April 2015
Beautiful location with great resources and students. Downside is the long hours, over loaded with work, little praise and low staff salaries due to continual funding restraints. Good staff training but no opportunity for job progression. The best part of the job is working with the students and seeing them achieve.
Pros
Good lecturing staff and great students
Cons
long hours, low salaries
Great place, but I wasn't ready!
Student (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire2 May 2018
I started studying Veterinary Biosciences here, but realised I wasn't ready for university so took the year to get a job and complete more work experience.
Great college to learn and eventually applying for a job
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  South Cerney, Gloucestershire5 October 2017
Arrive at Hartpury. I would arrive at lectures lasting up to an 1 hour 30 minutes each time. after this lecture a project was given to be completed in 2 to 3 weeks. once handed in this would be marked.
Thursday and Friday I would attend practical days at outdoor centre through the South West often going to Wales.
the hardest part as completing the assignments and trying to get the highest mark possible.
Most enjoyable part was meeting new people and learning outside the classroom.
Pros
Really good management, Visting new outdoor centre
Cons
Lots of assignments
work really permanently
Facilities worker (porter) (Current Employee) –  Gloucestershire3 April 2016
This is good work but little pay and very stressful bosses are very nice and helpful but the staff I work with are not very nice to each other...
I would like to change jobs because the school where I work blocking my way to the career and because of the very large stress
Cons
too many hours and little money
Very busy enviroment.
Instructor and Barn Mentor (Former Employee) –  Gloucestershire12 August 2014
A typical day would envolve doing own horses before the schedule start time depending on which shift. To start with, the students have to be signed in and the students will start off my seeing to their allocated horses by mucking out, grooming, haying and giving fresh water. After the students have had breakfast they will ride. After this group are done, the lunch duty students will be signed in and will attend to the horses at lunch time. Then the afternooon will consist of a new group who will ride and put the horses to bed.

The factors that I learn't were to register the students for duties, asigning horses to riders, dealing with first aid cases and filling out accident report forms.

My co-workers were hard working, professional and set a high standard when on the yard, especially when in front of students.

The hardest part of the job was trying to keep all the students happy and deal with any conflicts that may arise between students.

The most enjoyable part was teaching the students. I find nothing more satifying then seeing a smile on my clients faces when I teach them and see them gain confidence.
Pros
Reduced Livery, free food, free accomodation and car pass.
Cons
Long hours outdoors.
Excellent Institute
Voluntary Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire24 August 2017
A wonderful place to work with excellent facilities and exceptional standards. The quality of education provided is excellent and teaching requirements are demanding but no debilitating.
Pros
Excellent facilities
Cons
Local roads prone to closures
Student
Animal collection management (Former Employee) –  College building23 February 2017
I was a student at Hartpury College studying B Tec award in animal management. The course was very good and very informative. The course was a very valuable learning experience
Pros
Good Course
Cons
Long way to travel each day
Fun!!
KITCHEN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  ENG23 June 2014
Got to meet a lot of great people while doing this job co-workers as well as the university students. I learnt alot of skills in the kitchen and the way to speck to different kind of people. Management were understanding and supporting.
was a busy and a fun workplace
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester2 February 2016
its a good working enviroment that is really structured and have got nice people that you can work along, but the work load is too much.
Pros
free lunces, and dinner
Cons
too much work to do during the week
Fun
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, ENG2 January 2014
Working in Hartpury is rewarding and also fun becauxse being a student and being able to be around students everyday is great. I have leant to work in a team and I learnt to handle difficult situations. The most enjoyable part is have the best staff and being able to work with great people everyday.
Pros
The staff
Cons
the pay
Great work place
Small animal care (Former Employee) –  ENG5 November 2013
A normal day would be caring for the animal, and as tiring as it was it was very rewarding and beneficial for the development of my skills in the working industry.
Pros
Working with the animals.
Cons
The work was tiring.
Investors in People
Off - Site Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gloucester3 August 2014
Cleaning of Communal areas bathrooms and kitchens. Reporting any damages or breakages. Doing minor repairs like replacing light bulbs. call outs for fire alarms in the middle of the night to find a faulty detector that has to be fixed the next day. dealing with naughty students.
Pros
accommodation
Cons
on call 24/7/365.
A good student experience for them
Transport Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartpury, ENG7 September 2014
A very busy department where you have to be totally flexible. To fulfill all the tasks required you need to be willing to do extra hours and be a team player.
my review
Campus Porter (Current Employee) –  hartpury college3 June 2013
litter picking. driving of college cars / vans , delivering of goods around campus. setting up of rooms for events / meetings/ collecting daily rubbish from accommodation blocks. bacis maintenance testing of fire alarms
Pros
Cons
just feel its time for a change
a nice location to work
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  ENG8 August 2014
Very demanding sector to work in due to government restrictions on funding and changes to policy. constant uncertainty although the chance to meet a cross section of people and deliver to their expectations can be fun as well as challenging. A real desire to help and support people is a must
Pros
Nice Location
Cons
constant changes from Government