Hartpury College

Hartpury College Employee Reviews

United Kingdom30 reviews
It's a great place to work as work mates offer alot of support.
However ....... management are a sly bunch and will take credit for projects others in the department have undertaken and completed successfully.
This job has been amazing to develop communication skills alongside my studies. It has allowed me to widen my knowledge on the College and help other people take the big step in their lives of moving away from home and choosing the correct path to their future career.
Pros
You get to meet a lot of people, improves a lot of skills such as communication and confidence, it allows working in a team but also as an individual.
Cons
You have to work in all weathers
High pressure, low reward environment with hostile middle and upper management. Low level of care for staff wellbeing. Many staff feel similarly but scared to speak out for fear of retribution from a protected inner circle. Culture is truly toxic.
Great varied role within a team. Everyone was keen to work together to give students the best experience. It was great to show prospective students around campus and answer the questions they had.
The time I spent working at Hartpury college I was a personal assistant for someone who was in charge of the summer ball. I will admit briefly my time was a entirely enjoyable experience and the people that I have met have been amazing.

But I do have to say that my improvements are based on certain peoples work ethics and attitude towards other members of staff. Interestingly as well they decide to feel that relationships included within the workplace are better then anything else.
A college devoid of ambition, with an underlying culture of bullying. The pay is below market rates and staff turnover high. Despite the nice country setting, and some good workers, there is always a sense of fear amongst staff.
A very stressful environment in which to work.
Management want more and more all the time.

Never grateful, no one says thanks.. There is a lot of insecurity amongst staff and this shows in the atmosphere in this workplace. Don't work here.
with a change of management in certain departments this place would be a really nice place to work.
The animal management manager lacked as much experience as other team members and it was clear to see. Often ignoring suggestions for improvement and never supportive of staff.
Good tech, needs better resourcing. The infrastructure is all new but there is a lack of information regarding what they have due to some staff difficulties
Pros
nice campus
Cons
lack of information
If you are content in acquiring a poorly paid, comparatively, job, with no iota of ambition, and don't expect any support from a clueless and inadequate hierarchy, this is the place for you. Those who are qualified, driven and aspiring - avoid at ALL COSTS.
Pros
Scenery is lovely
Cons
Poorly managed; no ambition; limited support; out of touch with actual universities
Help with my studies and with getting experience in the sector i wanted to work in. Good atmosphere would recommend to work there if they want experience in working in an elite sporting facility
Hartpury Hydrotherapy is fully equipped with high end facilities and equipment.
All workers have exceeding knowledge and experience within the field of equine physiotherapy, ideal for new comers.
Safeguard and welfare of pupils in after education hours, being available for pupils to engage with and develop life skills as well as provide them with a safe environment to socialise in.

Working within a strong team of wardens and on call one night a week.
Firma stawaiła za dużo wymagań, pilnowanie porządku w miasteczku studenckim, ochrona farmy i okolic, telefon i radi bez przerwy
Pros
stanowisko wyamagało dużow wyzwań i odpowiedzialmości
Cons
za duo zadań na jedną osobę (prawdopodobnie oszczędności)
A good place to further your knowledge. Friendly staff. Teach you what a lot of yards will look for in a member of staff. Never seen horses better taken care of.
I started studying Veterinary Biosciences here, but realised I wasn't ready for university so took the year to get a job and complete more work experience.
Arrive at Hartpury. I would arrive at lectures lasting up to an 1 hour 30 minutes each time. after this lecture a project was given to be completed in 2 to 3 weeks. once handed in this would be marked.
Thursday and Friday I would attend practical days at outdoor centre through the South West often going to Wales.

the hardest part as completing the assignments and trying to get the highest mark possible.

Most enjoyable part was meeting new people and learning outside the classroom.
Pros
Really good management, Visting new outdoor centre
Cons
Lots of assignments
A wonderful place to work with excellent facilities and exceptional standards. The quality of education provided is excellent and teaching requirements are demanding but no debilitating.
Pros
Excellent facilities
Cons
Local roads prone to closures
I was a student at Hartpury College studying B Tec award in animal management. The course was very good and very informative. The course was a very valuable learning experience
Pros
Good Course
Cons
Long way to travel each day
This is good work but little pay and very stressful bosses are very nice and helpful but the staff I work with are not very nice to each other...
I would like to change jobs because the school where I work blocking my way to the career and because of the very large stress
Cons
too many hours and little money
its a good working enviroment that is really structured and have got nice people that you can work along, but the work load is too much.
Pros
free lunces, and dinner
Cons
too much work to do during the week