Hartford Care

Hartford Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom24 reviews
Featured review
Hartford Care selected this as a representative review
Working with Hartford Care is such a refreshing experience. Residents are always put first and every shift is about how to make people's lives that bit better. Staff are valued and listened to, the senior management team are open to discussion and are supportive. There is a brilliant trend in this home for staff working across roles, carers talking housekeeping shifts, activity coordinator taking senior shifts etc. It breaks down barriers and lets the team work together for the benefit of residents. The training is great and all staff are encouraged to gain qualifications which are covered by Hartford Care.
Pros
Caring home, good wages, free qualifications, friendly environment.
Cons
Some long days.
I have loved working at Hartford care, they’re open and amazing people. They are all happy to help with anything you’re unsure about and never leave you alone when you’re not confident. Would definitely work there again!
Pros
Free lunch on double shifts
Cons
On your feet all day
Awful management
Awful staff that support awful management

The wage makes the job look appealing but once you are in, and experience the conditions you are forced to work under, you soon realise that money means nothing compared to respect and support. Which you do not get. Problems are always brushed under the carpet and management expect staff to just get on with the extreme amount of pressure without getting upset about it. I found working at Westcliff Hall detrimental to my mental health and leaving was the best decision I made.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else
Certain members of staff are stirring up trouble.lots of two faced people.
No respect with certain staff members to the dementia patients.

Dont get me wrong there are some excellent and supportive staff. However there are alot of staff just sitting around chatting. Not spending time interacting with patients.
Awful management, no support. Always no safe staffing levels always short.
Rushing around like headless chickens, no routine, residents arent cared for properly not because staff don't care, it's because we don't have time to give our all. We are rushed off our feet.

Management couldn't care less

Glad I've moved on to a much better place
I worked here for a while the home is beautiful the manager is supportive however the staff are a disgrace if you put a complaint in about someone's conduct they will make your life miserable and lie until your forced out. The staff talk about the residents in a disgraceful way and mock the ones they dont like they are like a pack of animals. The staff turn over is awful. The only good thing about that place is the residents and their families who are so amazing
Walking into a carehome and getting goosebumps was the feeling I’d been waiting for for 20 years! An immediate sense of care, love and happiness hit me the first day and 3 years later I still feel them. Every care home has its up and downs but that only leads to better running and achievements for all. Prepare to work hard and fast paced but also to meet and offer the values of care, comfort and companionship and you will succeed and progress, just like I have.
Staff turn over is apauling, this is due to bad management letting a clique of staff members take over the home, if your face doesn't fit then your working days at hartford court will be miserable! There are safeguarding issues and poor quality of care! Do not be fooled by the look of the home to what happens inside the home by bullies!
I love my job. No two days are the same. When working I feel apart of a whole team rather than department. I love how things are moving forward & improving daily. My managers are supportive and listen to all concerns raised. I know that Rome wasn’t built in a day however with the support from them I feel we together can make a difference. Once probation is passed they encourage to complete NVQ’s and further learning.
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Not enough hours in the day
I have worked at westcliff for 3 years, I have come across many bitter carers but the culture has changed recently. Which has been down to hard work from everyone but especially the Interim manager and the deputy who goes above and beyond. I know they have been working loads behind the scenes to make the home a great place to work but most importantly a great place for the residents. Think some staff care more about themselves and the management recognise this, which makes the dedicated staff feel appreciated and other staff feel bitter. It’s all about the bigger picture and the residents welfare, the home really is becoming a fantastic place to work. Great overall team, supportive management team, flexible rotas and I feel supported in all my duties.
Very good company to work for. They value their staff. Loads of support from senior management team. The care homes owned by Hartford care are beautiful and the residents are empowered and supported to continue living their lives as they would at home. Come work for Hartford Care. A trial will convince you.
I have been working with Hartford Care for about 2 years now, very good company with the opportunity to progress in your career, homely and friendly atmosphere.
Very approachable management including CEO and Directors.

Happy to recommend to any of my friends/family to work for this company.
I have worked in this home for 11 years. Last 2 years, Hartford care have brought in a lot of positive changes. I love coming to work and give my best everyday. The best employer to work for.
Hartford Care are a lovely company to work for. They are family oriented and will go the extra mile to ensure their staff are comfortable. From the moment I started working with them, they have made me feel very welcome and have been very accommodating and willing to go the extra mile to make sure they train me well. I was asked to go to head office as part of my induction to show and explain the different processes so that i would understand better what they expected of me. Management team shows no favouritism which I love. Everyone gets the same treatment. Credit is always given where due which helps keep staff morale high. They are a well structured company, who are firm but very fair. A company that offers the best care and comfort for not just their residents but also for their staff.
I like the company's ethos. Lovely residents and staff. Good team work. Its fast paced and busy, but the day just flies by. Good range of activities for the residents and they are in the centre of attention.
Just awful. Not enough staff you're run ragged. Ignorant rude staff and managers. Poor unfair rotas. Poor menus and food. Not a great company to work for
Since being at a Hartford care home for a year and a half , I’ve seen 3 managers try and run the home. Communication is awful , never know when a new residents coming in / anything about them. All they are focused on is filling up the rooms, poorly understaffed , always being text to come in on days off as the Rotas aren’t done properly , management don’t listen to any problems you have and try and brush them off . Also if your poorly don’t expect to go home , they fob you off and then give you disciplinary is For being poorly .
Management gave no support when I faced mental heath issues which were caused at work. I had asked for help serval times but no help was given and it was shrugged off like it didn’t matter, until I was I was signed off for being bullied by a resident.
At this point the tried to blame me and now support was given.
Pros
Friends
Cons
No support
I have worked hear 5 years it’s badly run and the management never last more than a few moths I sore 13 managers come and go in my time hear, so if u have a problem don’t expect it to be sorted. They do t care about their staff and they don’t support them they just hand out the p45s. They are always under staffed so you constantly get text messages begging anyone to go to work. The hours are long and . to help
Employees are valued and the training offered is fantastic. There are many employee benefits which are available to all staff. There is a real family feel working for Hartford Care from Residents, relatives and staff.
Pros
Training, employee benefits
management offers no support to staff

they care more about the appearance and getting bums on bed than they do about the residents and their needs, thankfully the carers on the floor support the residents fantastically and make up for managements lack of support.

the breaks are ridiculous, working for 12 hours and having only 40mins all day to shovel food into you and if you smoke puff as many as you can before your break is over.

Your expected to attend all training and meetings which are always on your day off and don't think your days off are work free cause you'll definitely receive a couple of texts from management begging you to come in as they have once again failed to provide enough staff to cover the floor.

understaffed is a huge issue as they see the seniors as on the floor which they aren't due to them being busy with medications so you could have 3 staff on the floor covering 51 residents but if your lucky head office might stop by which will mean too many staff as remember appearance is everything to Hartford care.
Pros
you'll meet Lovely residents
Cons
terrible breaks, bad management, no support, understaffed so overworked