Harry Corry Ltd Employee Reviews

WORST JOB IVE EVER HAD. Getting let go was a blessing
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland10 April 2019
Do yourself a favour. If you aren't desperate for a job, stay away from Harry Corry in Dunmurry, Northern Ireland. I've had several jobs and I can confirm that working in this warehouse was single handy the worst working experience of my life. It was ok at first, good manager and team. Then the manager left and was replaced my some idiot from Czech Republic whom had the people skills of a goldfish.

I continued to work dispite the terrible new manager and management team. I was asked to do a mental health course which the company promoted, in which I was told "depression is just in your head". Yea tell that to my brother who committed suicide. I then lost my granny, came to work the next day so that I wouldn't ruin my job, and then took 2 days off for her funeral. I got sacked at the end of the week. For taking time off cause my granny passed away.

To add to it, the warehouse is terribly run, there is no system to how things are done. It is literally all over the place. They have two warehouses in the same spot that they have to idea what they're doing with.

JUST AVOID. YOULL BE DOING YOURSELF A FAVOUR
what I learned
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim19 June 2018
I learned a lot about stock replenishment, staking shelves etc. I learned about the importance of presentation and to not be afraid to use my creative initiative. By working alongside skilled and experienced individuals i expanded my knowledge on curtains, blinds ad measurements regarding these.
Pros
short hours, friendly staff
Cons
felt unsure of what I had to do at times, not very busy at times
Avoid as long as the current manager in the Dundee store is there
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee City8 January 2018
I was sad to leave this job as I did really enjoy the tasks and other staff. The manager on the other hand, is awful. She’s rude, speaks down to people (customers included) doesn’t know her job, is extremely petty and makes up her own rules as she goes to which she in no way follows.
I would avoid avoid avoid, especially if you are young or inexperienced in dealing with bully’s.
Great for a while
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland9 December 2017
Harry Corry was a great place to work for a long time but it changed quite quickly after a certain manager decided to cause problems. a lot of the staff were amazing and super supportive. as a member of staff with more responsibilities there was a little bit more pressure but it was handled well until my last few months of working with the company. the manager was calculating, rude and refuses to follow policies properly. very difficult to work with and creates more work for others because of the carelessness. same goes for a couple of the other managers in scotland branches, they need to start doing things the right way instead of their own way and actually treat people with respect because some of their behaviours have been despicable. Hopefully all will realise mistakes eventually and will sort it out but for the main part working with Harry Corry, it was great and I have some great memories
Fun and I Love it
Interior consultant (Current Employee) –  Portadown21 October 2017
helping customers design there room by helping them match there curtains and wallpaper together as well as bed clothes. You also do delivery on week day shift.
Brilliant
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coleraine, County Londonderry16 April 2017
Worked for Harry Corrys for 8 years . Had the best years ever. They look after their staff very well. I would highly recommend taking up a career with this company
Poor Overall
Warehousing (Current Employee) –  Dunmurry7 December 2015
Completely agree with other 1 Star review.

Health and Safety is a concept yet to reach this company. Incident reports are repeatedly ignored even when multiple complaints/grievances have been raised on any issue. The general conditions of the work space also leaves much to be desired, workers regularly have to flaunt health and safety procedures to do their jobs.

Management are regulalrly out of their depth in their work. Decisions are hurried and often lead to confusion within the work place as they can be put across badly/poorly explained/not explained at all.

Overall just an unsafe and confidence draining place to work, best to be avoided if at all possible.
Pros
Working Hours
Cons
Rate of pay, Management, Training, Leadership, Organisation, Lack of Health and Safety
Warehouse work
Warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  Dunmurry, NIR30 November 2015
Not made to feel a valuable part of the company at all, in fact you are often made to feel the least valuable. As well as being excluded from any career advancement, and or development. Forced to take different public holidays that the actual ones to suit the company. Poor organisation or long term planning for warehouse, lack of leaders in management, none will do much to help you in times of need, and will be left waiting weeks (sometimes months) to find out if holidays are granted. Working in environments not meeting health and safety requirements, for heat in cold weather, and fire exits blocked, reported dangers ignored and terrible use of machinery. The job is not challenging, and there is poor use of its people, too many employees poorly looked after when less well looked after people would have the work done more efficiently. Loyalty is not rewarded, as preferential treatment is shown to friends or family of management.
Pros
Hours of work
Cons
Pay, advancement, training, organisation, leadership
productive workplace
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT26 October 2014
pricing delivery, general cleaning around the shop, giving out great customer service e.g. greeting customers.

I learned a lot of knowledge on products such as curtains, how the sizes work out to fit a pole. I learned a lot of things during my time in a home retail store.

My manager wrote things in the floor book giving us clear instructions of what to do before we started a shift. She is a very outgoing, friendly person. My co-workers where always willing to work as a team, very positive people to work with, like myself.

There wasn't a hard part of the job everything was pretty straight forward and if you were stuck there was always some to help. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers, being there to help them find what they need 100%
Pros
some overtime
Cons
short lunch breaks
great place to work especially if interested in interior design
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, NIR30 July 2013
great staff, great management, always busy, I learnt how to work as part of a team and how to replenish and order stock. I also learnt the management side of things and how to liaise with company directors.The hardest part of the job was long hours and being on your feet all day, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting lots of different people and working with a great team of co-workers.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long hours.
Good work place
Sales Assistent (Current Employee) –  Downpatick28 May 2013
I enjoyed working in Harry Corry and feel that I have learned valuable working skills.