Harrods Ltd.

Harrods Ltd. Employee Reviews

United Kingdom471 reviews
productive
productive staff, great environment and friendly atmosphere.
dress code is crucial and so is communication. work hours were appropriate, they understand your needs
learn new things daily
I learnt new things daily as I was placed all over harrods in different sectors. I had to cooperate with many different people and being able to learn how to adapt to different environments constantly which was good.
Excellent experience
Positives:
- excellent experience

-certain career development growth

- new skills in demanding fast paced work flow and meeting highest customer service standards

- broaden your vision

- historical place & and good benefit package like staff discount etc

Challenges:

- lack of management support & frequent management rotation

- employees are treated differently if concession and own -brought ( employed by harrods) less advantages to concession employees however performing same level of service..

- long hours , incl frequent late evenings & weekends

- competitive tense work environment even amongs team members
Ok to put in CV
Ok company and ok management.
Not easy to progress if English isn't your first language.

Good benefits and nice canteen.

Overall a good company if retail is your thing
Very fun and competitive environment
Working for Harrods Ltd on full time assignments is a great way to get your foot in the door at a business. A lot of the jobs will hire you on full-time if you prove yourself an asset, which then gives you the potential to work your way from the bottom up inside that company.
Strongly recommended company.
workplace culture
Good place to start a career as Sales assistant. Do you will receive a 3 days induction and Good Training.
Depend in which department do you work they can be more organised or less.
Pros
commission
Fast-pace environment
Ensure you love an on the go, walking for hours, diverse environment, they do give you discount off of workwear and 10% off of other merchandise and if you get an agreeable manager your work-life will be as great as work-life can be.
Pros
discount and extra discount on sales
Cons
Long hours, shift work
I had good opportunity
There are great people in the team who are helping all the time to ensure you're doing the right job.
I get doubles promoted from catering assistant straight away to demi chef de partie because I have done a great job, all this thanks to all my colleagues.
Harrods
Harrods est une sociere excellente dans laquelle évoluer et avoir un plan de carrière.
Could be better
Management were decent at the beginning but after restructuring the staff around, this caused a little more discomfort and seemed discouraging to staff. Pay is below what you would expect for such a prestigious department store.
Advancement opportunities are slow and do not pay enough, overall a good working experience but cons would be that they do not value you enough to offer better incentives.
Amazing work ethic and values
Amazing work environment, manners, value and ethic. Very proud to be given the opportunity. Excellent communication established and induction preparation.
Fun place to work in, they respect your background as a person.
Friendly colleagues, very helpful team and the management team is not stressful is a good place to work in. When working for any branch in Harrods is like a family .
Pros
big discounts
Cons
late night finish, weekend as well
unpredictable
Every day was unpredictable, i would learn to drive new and different types of cars, management was ok but can always be better, workplace culture was very diverse, hardest part was not damaging any cars and dealing with awkward customers, best part was getting to drive luxury and sport cars and interacting with different types of people including celebrities.
Pros
discounts, holidays
Cons
shifts work, working on weekends, wages, no promotions, unhealthy environment.
Great place to work for fun/if you don’t need the money
A social and collaborative atmosphere. Can be very clicky and gossipy. Generally not much career growth, unless your very committed to becoming friends with those that will decide your fate.

However
Pros
Salary, hours, late shifts/weekends, always have to be on
Cons
Staff discount/business allowance, if you’re a shopping addict you’ll love it!!!
Felt it was not the best
Felt very uncomfortable working here at one point and when I had tried to make it a point of how it had made me feel I was the one that ended up being made to feel like I made the problem.
Brilliant experience
Recommended to any londoner with good work ethics, well managed, multi cultured with monthly pay, the interview is rigorous so be prepared to be investigated thoroughly
Good experience
good experience to get in luxury retail , good training schemes, great store discound, clothing allowance, staff cantine, good access to training and courses
not bad
I have worked there only for the Christmas sales period, it was a good experience for me. It may be a bit hard at times as you're supposed to stand on your feet all the time. In the department where I worked, we didn't get commission because we were not allowed to process payments, so permanent employees got that commission.
Bella esperienza
Bellissima esperienza colleghi gentili ed ambiente di lavoro molto curato
Good
I have no real complaints. I work a zero hour contract so its good for what I need. But the environment can be intense at times, but I imagine any job can get like this.
fun workplace
I would highly recommend working for harrods if you love people, and looking to gain a wealth of knowledge.

Great place to work.

great benefits.

Staff are friendly and warm.

Gives you loads of experience.