Harrods Ltd. Employee Reviews

Stock Controller Tea and Coffee (Current Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London2 May 2018
Harrods is best place to work and learn. I learnt a lot about customers service , How to deal with customer and how to deliver excellent and exceptional customer service. Work hard to achieve the company KPI. Actually harrods is institution of learning retail management and customer service .
Online Trading Admin
Online Trading Administrator (Former Employee) –  London26 April 2018
Some days are longer than others, especially in trade. Management depends on the person, as i think some are better than others.

The staff discount is not that great. Not all brands give discount and if they do, its very low and might not be worth it.
Cons
Staff Discount
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 April 2018
I absolutely love working for Harrods.
It’s such an incredible department store to be a part of. No two days are the same and there is always so much to learn.
Project
Brand specialist at Harrods (Former Employee) –  Luxury accessories3 April 2018
After the brief, with all the updates regarding figures and the situation of the season and date absorbed, I will make sure I have in stock all I need and I will check the orders made by customers colleges, head office or management. Once everything is ready, the tendency is keep everything tidy and prepare to be sold.
One of the most enjoyable parts of the job was go through your clientaling book making sure all pieces on hold will be collect on date and always building the reliability between your customers and your work efficiency.
Providing pristine customer service is one of the pillar to hold on and performing genuinely with your personal touch can make your customers come back again, creating a beautiful relationship perfect for the business.
Pros
Fair salary and conditions
Cons
Always same food in the cantine
Fantastic place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  London28 March 2018
I had a great experience working at Harrods. Fantastic environment and lovely people to work with. The management was great, respectful and friendly. I recommend working there.
fun workplace
gift wrapper (Former Employee) –  London13 March 2018
really nice place to work at i enjoyed my time a lot the staff were lovely as well as the clients really enjoyed myself didnt find it hard or pressure found it fun
Stagnant culture but ticking along
BA (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith12 March 2018
Stagnant working environment, where everyone is just ticking over their roles. The past 12 months there's been such a high turnover of staff (primarily voluntarily). It's great if you're not ambitious, and don't mind clocking in and out every day, but it's not a thriving workplace.

No support from management for the website to be anything other than "support" for the main store. Hence, ecommerce budget is small and the work and people uninspiring.
Pros
London
Cons
hour lunch break, clocking in and out every day, no real ambition
Buena
Receptionist/ Sales (Former Employee) –  London11 March 2018
• Working as Receptionist and Sale assistant according with the business needs.
• Ensure all guests are welcomed with cordial attention at all times.
• Make sure that guest is comfortable and happy with the services. Accurately record all information concerning reservations into Reservation system.
• Ensure cashing up is completed correctly, with any discrepancies drawn to the manager’s attention. Dealing with all bill and payments received. Involved in promotion and sales of products. Customer services including complaints and also problem solving. In store displays and merchandise placement.
Pros
Good customer services
Cons
Long working hours
Description of the job Harrods
Delivery Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  West London11 March 2018
I had worked for Harrods as a Delivery Service Adviser.

My duties were booking deliveries with customers on Sap System.

Writing letters to Customers and also assisting Sales staff

in the store for Sales Orders in Stock on Sap System.

Logging damage Furniture and appraises from Drivers on the

charter system.

I had worked for Harrods for fifteen years until I had to take

redundancy in September 2013.
Pros
Free lunches at Sale periods
Cons
Working full time 35 hours a week and sometimes Saturdays
Terrible place to work
Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  London8 March 2018
Salary is very very low and they try to underpay you because they think everyone wants to work there just because of their 'strong brand'. I quit after 2.5 months after they changed the job title, nature of the work, and wanted to keep my salary on £19k. £19k is paltry for a head office position and they were abusing their position by offering such a salary and they trying to change the job. I was essentially working as a Reporting Analyst under the guise of a "data entry clerk", and was paid the rate of a "data entry clerk". Sneaky company.

Also they do not trust you as staff. You have to undergo checked every time you go into the store, and you have to go to the store through a tunnel.
Pros
Cons
Low salary, bad management, untrusting management, no training
Fun to work
Stock Control Administrator/Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London23 February 2018
Working at Harrods was a positive experience. I met many individuals from various backgrounds, both customers and staff. For those wanting to pursue a career in fashion retail, Harrods is the place to be.
Good Company to work for
Distribution Operative (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London19 February 2018
Working for Harrods was a very pleasant experience. The management team was very helpful and the work environment was great. The salary was good too and we benefited from regular pay increase.l
Pros
Discount for all the shop in the building
Cons
Overtimes very limited
Huge department store with all you the items you need under one roof
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge16 February 2018
Many area to work from front to back of house. Selling fridge magnets to selling a million pounds worth of jewelry. An exciting and fun place to work with rewards for hard work.
Pros
Big brand name
Cons
Pay
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London12 February 2018
Nov 2017 – Dec 2017
Harrods – Knightsbridge, London
Sales Associate
Exceeding expectations by going the extra mile for each and every customer.
Having thorough knowledge of all inventory, enabling me to provide the best customer services.
Working within a team to emit an excellent experience to all customers and to assure the safety of customers at all times.
Providing support during various queries as well as addressing and tackling disputes effectively.
Handling the distribution of all products ensuring they are in their correct locations at all times.
Swiftly gaining knowledge on another area or amenity in store.
Pros
discouns
Productive & fun Environment
Online Trading Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London12 February 2018
No day was the same. i learnt how to use different software's and became more proficient in Excel. Colleagues are friendly and welcoming. the office is very calm and laid back, but everyone is very hard working.
nice worplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 February 2018
A typical day at wok depends on your department. I worked in confectionary and it was probably one of the busiest departments - everyone buys chocolates!
Honestly, in this department you can't sit down. You are always on your feet because its a fast paced environment. Make sure you don't wear heels in this department girls. The department is always busy so most of the time you're serving customers.
In this department, its like working in Tesco or any other retail place where customers are always in and out, so nothing big there. The people there are really nice, nearly everyone worked with was nice to me - no matter what their age, as there is a variety of different aged people in this department.
The management is okay, some of the managers can be a bit bossy but most are okay.
I worked as a temp, so you have to fill out a time sheet everyday/week.
The staff canteen is on the 6th floor, so if you're unfit, you WILL get tired. I was always out of breath. The good thing about this is that I actually lost weight, so I'm not complaining.
The company is very understanding about religions - they have a big prayer room in the staff area and a wudhu area, its also segregated! and a lot of people actually come and pray there.
The canteen was big, had alrught food and a subway, but some of the other hot food is quite pricy although it says subsidised.
overall, it was a nice environment, the main issue is staff parcels - where you keep your bags and coats. the queue is very long and is not nice waiting at the end or beginning f your shft dor like 15 mins. I suggest you keep
  more... any important belongings in your harrods employye bag you keep with you on the shop floor and leave your empty handbag and coats or shoes in the locker rooms. I took my phone and purse with me and left everything else - nothing got stolen.  less
Harrods
Resourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London15 January 2018
Good career development if you perform well and express intention to further your career.
Not very competitive salary, but great commission opportunity if based on the shop floor.
diversity
Concierge (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 January 2018
Harrods is an amazing place to work. the management has great respect for diversity.

the staff is lovely

the long hours are the hardest but you get used to it.

The four days off in a week are amazing
Pros
discount
Productive and great people
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  London11 January 2018
We were given a fair amount of freedom to achieve our targets which was rewarding.
The managers were treated well. The place is full of history and provided such a beautiful backdrop to work in.
Benefits
Fantastic Company
Head Baker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 January 2018
Fantastic learning opportunities
It's really up too you how far you will go.
If you are not happy in one department you can always transfer your self to others departments. .
Pros
Good working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrods Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Harrods Ltd. Reviews by Location