HarperCollins Publishers

HarperCollins Publishers Employee Reviews

United Kingdom25 reviews
Expect so much for so little management constantly walking up and down it's like your in a detention camp plus management have to many favourite people
I worked here for 15 yr loved every minute of it but unfortunately the shift got made redundant I would go back if I had the chance. Plenty experience
Worked nights night shift bosses are murder they bith need shot but great guys work in there on all shift patterns keep your head down and your shift will fly by nae probs..
Pros
Free water
Cons
Harper Collins are a market leader in publishing.

Staff base stretched uk wide and overseas.

There was a strive and a desire to be competitive and maintain position as a leading publisher in the uk.
Pros
Competative in market
Cons
Great people and culture. The work here was always interesting and varied. A creative environment and a lot of team spirit resulting in some fantastic products.
That’s the most discriminating place to work in that I ever experienced. Management is not helpful, if you have a problem you have to solve it yourself. They only appreciate Scottish people and boot-lickers. Co-workers are unfriendly, not helpful and jealous. That’s the worst place I’ve ever worked in. I will never recommend this job to anybody!!!!
Cons
Honestly, I can't praise this company enough. The work was never work, and every day brought something new to the table. Working in publishing is a particularly heartwarming experience, and I'm ready to do it again whenever I get the opportunity.
Worked here a long time ago and things have changed dramatically as my son works here and we will have a chat about what he does and what I done it is totally different. I worked here when I left school.
Pros
Great books to choose from in book sales
Cons
Early rise
working here was not pleasant due to the management. Each night there was a targets set but they were often unachievable due to many problems occurring such as broken scanning devices, having to change devices batteries, devices losing connection and having to be restarted and waiting on bigger pallets.
Pros
short hours
Cons
stress
Not a good place to work - no work life balance and no good perks. I was a confident person until I started working there with good skills and a degree. Leaving there I felt worthless and have had to take jobs with no prospects to make ends meet.
Pros
Cons
long hours and no recognition
It was amazing to be able to do an internship at such a large publishing house - I really gained an insight into the publishing process, although it was sometimes a little overwhelming.
Great workplace, lots of opportunities for growth and development. Very supportive management, lots of work provided. Lovely office, great people, fab feedback provided.
Lovely new offices near the Shard in central London.

Very creative environment to work in

Friendly staff and great facilities at HarperCollins.

I learned LOADS as a junior designer there – only bad thing was the awful wages – so I had to leave after 4 years
Pros
creative freedom – lovely working environment
Cons
low wages
The company has a good working culture, with flexible working hours and the ability to work from home. The other employees are friendly and are very welcoming, making this an easy place to work.
The publishing industry is very competitive. Departments work in an archaic manner and it's a hard company to analyse. Therefore it relies on old employees to drive strategy rather than data.
Pros
Free novels
It was fun work experience, even if it lasted a small amount of time. As well as the fact that you got free books was a extra bonus, my mentor was amazing and helped calm my nerves on my first day of the experience.
In my opinion, this job is only just a temponary. every day you do this some thing. People are very nice, evryone want to help you, if you didnt know about something. The hardest part of job is when u finished some action and is nothing to do.
The management and co-workers were really positive and supportive, making it a really great work environment. I worked for the sales and marketing team to improve relations with the customers to the company and improve targeting of sales and marketing campaigns. I felt from day to day a real force for change within the company, which motivated me to do well each day.
picking and packing goods, I've learned how to work in large team, and how to achieve the goals for the whole team, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with co-workers and helping each other
Cons
doing overtime once requeired
Professional and forward thinking company receptive to response from the market in new product development in educational publishing, both print and digital.
a good company at one time very family orientated and a mainstay of the community for many years until the work dried up and the company was sold on
Ask a question about working or interviewing at HarperCollins Publishers. Our community is ready to answer.
HarperCollins Publishers Reviews by Location