HarperCollins Publishers Employee Reviews

Great people
sales manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow14 January 2019
Great people and culture. The work here was always interesting and varied. A creative environment and a lot of team spirit resulting in some fantastic products.
The most horrible place to work in UK
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 November 2018
That’s the most discriminating place to work in that I ever experienced. Management is not helpful, if you have a problem you have to solve it yourself. They only appreciate Scottish people and boot-lickers. Co-workers are unfriendly, not helpful and jealous. That’s the worst place I’ve ever worked in. I will never recommend this job to anybody!!!!
The Dream.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  London2 August 2018
Honestly, I can't praise this company enough. The work was never work, and every day brought something new to the table. Working in publishing is a particularly heartwarming experience, and I'm ready to do it again whenever I get the opportunity.
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishopbriggs, East Dunbartonshire9 June 2018
Worked here a long time ago and things have changed dramatically as my son works here and we will have a chat about what he does and what I done it is totally different. I worked here when I left school.
Pros
Great books to choose from in book sales
Cons
Early rise
productive
Stock Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Glasgow8 May 2018
working here was not pleasant due to the management. Each night there was a targets set but they were often unachievable due to many problems occurring such as broken scanning devices, having to change devices batteries, devices losing connection and having to be restarted and waiting on bigger pallets.
Pros
short hours
Cons
stress
Working in Haarper Collins
Contract Soft Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bishopbriggs, East Dunbartonshire27 April 2018
Not a good place to work - no work life balance and no good perks. I was a confident person until I started working there with good skills and a degree. Leaving there I felt worthless and have had to take jobs with no prospects to make ends meet.
Pros
Cons
long hours and no recognition
Efficient and productive
Copy Editor Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London20 April 2018
It was amazing to be able to do an internship at such a large publishing house - I really gained an insight into the publishing process, although it was sometimes a little overwhelming.
Great place to be
Freelance Proofreader (Former Employee) –  London8 January 2018
Great workplace, lots of opportunities for growth and development. Very supportive management, lots of work provided. Lovely office, great people, fab feedback provided.
Lovely place to work
Designer (Former Employee) –  London8 November 2017
Lovely new offices near the Shard in central London.

Very creative environment to work in

Friendly staff and great facilities at HarperCollins.

I learned LOADS as a junior designer there – only bad thing was the awful wages – so I had to leave after 4 years
Pros
creative freedom – lovely working environment
Cons
low wages
A good place to work
Developer (Current Employee) –  Bishopbriggs, East Dunbartonshire18 October 2017
The company has a good working culture, with flexible working hours and the ability to work from home. The other employees are friendly and are very welcoming, making this an easy place to work.
Nice place to work.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2017
The publishing industry is very competitive. Departments work in an archaic manner and it's a hard company to analyse. Therefore it relies on old employees to drive strategy rather than data.
Pros
Free novels
Productive and great enviroment
Publishing Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 September 2017
It was fun work experience, even if it lasted a small amount of time. As well as the fact that you got free books was a extra bonus, my mentor was amazing and helped calm my nerves on my first day of the experience.
temporary job
flexi worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow27 April 2017
In my opinion, this job is only just a temponary. every day you do this some thing. People are very nice, evryone want to help you, if you didnt know about something. The hardest part of job is when u finished some action and is nothing to do.
Really supportive team.
Sales & Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, UK18 April 2016
The management and co-workers were really positive and supportive, making it a really great work environment. I worked for the sales and marketing team to improve relations with the customers to the company and improve targeting of sales and marketing campaigns. I felt from day to day a real force for change within the company, which motivated me to do well each day.
good hard worker
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bishopbriggs10 March 2016
picking and packing goods, I've learned how to work in large team, and how to achieve the goals for the whole team, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with co-workers and helping each other
Cons
doing overtime once requeired
Professional and forward thinking company
Educational Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ENG. Based in the South West29 June 2015
Professional and forward thinking company receptive to response from the market in new product development in educational publishing, both print and digital.
hard work and for younger people , enjoyed it before it closed down
printery assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT11 March 2014
a good company at one time very family orientated and a mainstay of the community for many years until the work dried up and the company was sold on
I'd happily have worked here forever
Temporary Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bishopbriggs29 July 2013
I absolutely loved working for HarperCollins. I suppose for a bookworm though, a publishing company is pretty much the perfect place to work!
good environment
Admin/Account assistant/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Bishopbriggs30 January 2013
Staff friendly, training good.
Daily tasks were straight forward and enjoyable.
Pros
discounted books
Cons
systems slow
Poor pay, no job security
Cusomter Service (Former Employee) –  Glasgow31 December 2012
Very good working environment, all the staff very helpful and fun to work with.
At a management level, there is a serious lack of communication, no loyalty to staff and no support provided during busy, stressful times.
The job itself was great, very varied due to being on the phone and dealing with emails.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with a slow in-house computer system along with having to deal continually with irate customers due to the system messing up orders and a lack of staff training. No benefits, very poor rate of pay for the work that was involved. No progression offered within the company.
Pros
friendly colleagues
Cons
poor management