Harmony Care Employee Reviews

Worst place ever
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands6 October 2019
Don’t work here. They kill you with hours! No work life balance. The good managers who understand you and respect you are leaving. They bring in people who haven’t got a clue. The lady behind this is a stuck up witch who doesn’t care about staff but cares about what goes in her pocket. She can’t even say hello if she see’s you because we are peasants in her eyes
Hostile
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent30 September 2019
You could drop down dead and they would still expect you to cover shifts. Management unable to perform basic care duties. But then care staff are not given any training bar online. How do you perform CPR from a video.
Awful place no support
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Uttoxeter..burton on trent28 March 2019
Management in uttoxter do not support staff expect them to work 14hr shifts everyday . Care calls are late leaving vunrable adults without care .you have to travel here there and everywher.
AVOID THIS WORK PLACE.
Pay is good that is the only good thing.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours expected to travel everywhere
Fun, Productive.
Part time Re-enablement Staff (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands9 January 2019
An enjoyable place to work, friendly staff, helpful management. Service users are fun to work with. Nice community hub with workshops running. Office close by.
fun
Voluntary Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands29 May 2018
Get to do lots of activities with service users.
Get training on social care tv.
May have to deal with some difficult behaviours due to mental health conditions.

I only did volunteer work one day a week so it is hard to judge what the work culture is for working full time.
Pros
bulding supportive relationships
Worst place I've ever worked
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Walsall7 April 2018
I went into this job as one of my best friends worked there and she loved if after 3years of her asking me to work with her i went for it. I did my training on a long weekend and started work the next week. 1st of all my car insurance went up nearly £50 extra a month because of having business user on my car to be able to take the service uses out for the day (you have to have this) Then we I started I was meant to shadow people on their shifts to get to know the people i was working with and the people I would do supporting I ended up doing this on my own having no idea what i was doing, I got called 24/7 to do extra shifts at one point I did nearly 3weeks with no day off because they made me feel like i could not say no to them, i was starting work at 7am and finishing at 10.30pm everyday this went on for 4months till i got really upset and told them i had to go on the sick because of lack of sleep as i wasnt getting home till gone 11.30pm some nights and i was out of my house at 6am every morning , a year after starting I got into a car accident while at work which left my with no car and in hospital. i called the head office to let them know i wasnt able to work the rest of the day due to what had happened and their response to me was will you be back to work tomorrow as we cant cover your shifts!!!!!!! waste of time going to this establishment. Nearly everyone i worked with has now left or gone to rival companies that are alot better then this one.

They also cover up things very well!!! and management will use support worker to get out on trouble by blaming things on
  more... them!!!  less
Pros
Life long friends
Cons
Worst management ever! your made to do shift/they will deny holiday, the bad out weighs the good
New care home and a start up challenge
Director and Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wellingborough, Northamptonshire15 March 2018
I was the director of the company and managed all areas of the business.
The workplace had an inclusive culture and all employees were involved in creating a homely atmosphere for the residents.
Pros
Autonomy in the decision making process
Management are a mess
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Midland1 March 2018
The management is non existant, I have been given my weeks rota hours before my shift was about to start? The rota's are never done on time, contracted hours are never given. What a joke.
Pros
contract
Cons
managment
Busy work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyldesley, Greater Manchester7 February 2018
This would be the best care company to work for if only it had enough staff. To much work to cover which leads to no social life. Other than that I can't fault the place. The staff there is are wonderful.
fun and progressive company
Registered Manager (Former Employee) –  walsall14 May 2017
I worked for harmony care whilst they opened a new residential service. I really enjoyed my time there, it was a fairly new company and small but I enjoyed that I could sit and have a cuppa and a chat with the CEO. they strived for high standards of care and living and were always pushing forward with a good balance of young and more experienced staff, although residential they always had nurse managers which showed their drive to provided the best quality care
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Walsall, ENG22 January 2016
A typical working day at Harmony involved various shifts doing one to one work with a 31 year old man with learning difficulties. This would involve assisting him to shower twice a day, and helping him to get dressed. I would assist with meal preparation, financial management (paying bills etc), supporting him to various social events, day center sessions, and also supporting him on family outings/meetings.
Support from management was reasonable at best, and on occasion i felt that it left a lot to be desired - Trying to get hold if management via telephone for help didn`t always materialize.
My co-workers (there was a small team of three including myself) were very helpful & supportive - we could always rely on each other for advice and assistance.
The hardest part of the job was that at times, communicating with the man we supported could prove difficult due to the level of his learning disabilities.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how much of a difference that i could make to the overall quality of his daily life.
Very Professional
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Walsall2 November 2015
Excellent company to work for, very approachable managment and a very good person centered approach to support each individual is encouraged.
got on well at every home
Bank Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stirling, SCT26 June 2015
friendly homes, work hard, sometimes getting a break but not all the time, management started to see me as a permanent staff member, the most enjoyable part was getting on with the service users as well as the staff
Pros
lots of shifts available
Cons
not allowed to be ill
Really nice job
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Reading, ENG12 January 2014
Working as Support Worker was really enjoyable unfortunately taking away my personal and social life was spending more time at work and management refused to do anything about it so i left.and was not so lucky in looking for a new job.
Not compatible
I assist (Current Employee) –  Long Eaton nottingham30 September 2013
I found that a lot of the clients and staff complain about this company and found very quickly why working every weekend is not pleasant and you don't see your family working 6 days a week is too much. general consensus is that the company don't care enough about the staff or clients
Pros
Im working
Cons
work every weekend