Haribo UK Employee Reviews

3.0Pay & Benefits
Amazing
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol30 October 2019
Such a great company to work for. Lots of the reviews online refer to the factory which I can’t speak for. The retail environment is fast paced with a small team but such a great atmosphere and each day so rewarding.
Discrimination is rife
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pontefract, West Yorkshire6 October 2019
I went to work at pontefract as a temp. Nobody mentioned at the interview about a hearing aid ban . So I started the job. I didn’t take my aid on first day and wasn’t able to hear what people were saying because I was forced to wear ear plugs and muffs . I put my hearing aid in on day 2 and I went to a medical, I was told hearing aids are not allowed in the factory under any circumstances and on day3 I received a call saying they didn’t want me back. I was told I broke health and safety rules and I was obviously not able to understand the job as I had struggled with tasks ( I was not taught how to do said tasks)
Pros
Free sweets
Cons
Vile abusive staff and management, You can’t complain confidentially they bring the subject of the complaint in and let you be abused .
Waste of time
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire9 August 2019
Applied for a job that was advertised but didn’t really exist. The vacancy was advertised then disappeared within a week of being published on their website.

‘Aptitude test’ was more of a psychological assessment rather than testing skills for the job. There has been some ‘friendly’ talk between Haribo’s HR staff and other applicants who sat the test which was a good indication that they already decided who they wanted to hire.

Few days later I was told that I have passed the ‘test’ and was invited to an interview which went well with a genuine member of staff, not a HR representative that has no clue what they’re doing.

During the interview it became clear that Haribo advertised the position but didn’t really have a vacancy to fill just yet. Later an email was sent saying I was not selected and that I could call the number below for more details, but there was no number to ring, I would’ve called just to ask for my CV and personal details to be removed from their incompetent system and HR staff’s access.

Read other reviews saying you’d be hired for temporary positions and remain temporary regardless of how hard you work or how good you are, luckily I didn’t get that far or else it would’ve been worse.

Seems like they’re just wasting people’s time trying to have a list of backup for when their unhappy existing staff leave.

Not very professional attitude. Good luck to anyone that even thinks about joining them.
a typical day
Mechanical Engineer/Fitter (Current Employee) –  Normanton, West Yorkshire12 December 2018
Clock in. Do as little as possible. Brag about that fact. Deal with terrible health & safety. Watch management make unbelievably bad decisions & cope with the clickiest place ever!
Pros
Money's ok
Cons
It'll burn your head out working with numpties
good people great confectionary shame about the manager
summer temp food production operative (Former Employee) –  Pontefract, West Yorkshire18 November 2014
I really enjoyed working at Haribo just a shame I wasn't given a full time permanent job there
Pros
all you can eat
Cons
great staff to work with