Happy Futures Support Specialists Ltd Employee Reviews

Support worker
Support worker full time (Current Employee) –  Eastfield27 February 2019
I have been with happy futures now since 2013 and i have seen it go from strength to strength
The management are there for you if you have any worries,questions or concerns and i work with a lovely bunch of colleagues
The work can be stressful but is very rewarding when you see how happy the individuals are
Pros
Making a day to day difference to who we support
As name suggests happy futures
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough19 February 2019
Having worked in care for over 20years, I've worked for some big companies,my last 5years at happy futures have been as the name suggests HAPPY.The individuals we support are amazing they are happy and live as independently as possible.The staff are friendly and always offered up to date training .management and team leaders are always available for advice should you need it.a well managed company.
Pros
The individuals. Ongoing training good prospects
Cons
Long hrs but thats to be expected when working in care
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire18 February 2019
Only place I would work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire13 February 2019
Having previously worked in care before in some not so great settings it took me a while to trust a company again in order to work for them but happy futures immediatly proved to be very different, they taught me how a care company should be run on a day to day basis and massively champion person centred care. The support from the management is amazing and always available, they never get complacent with staffs progress and are always on the look out to make our staff more knowledgable so we can deliver the best possible care to better the lives of our individuals. The environment we Work in is one of the best i have come across with how friendly and approachable it is and I have no intentions of leaving this company any time soon.
Pros
Staff and individuals
Best Career change I've ever made
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire7 February 2019
From my first day working here I was made to feel as part of the team, great team and great individuals to work with. Great communication between staff and management and great Family environment at work.
Would definitely recommend working here if you're an outgoing happy person.
Pros
Pleanty of hours, moderately flexible around home life and great team
Friendly and supportive
Having never worked in a care environment before i was worried i wouldn't be abe to join this company..i was very wrong!!.. Happy Futures have taken me on and helped and supported me to give me the confidence and knowledge i have needed to be able to give each individual the best support i can. The Management are always on the end of the phone if you need them for advice, and they offer training where possible and work with you to be able to keep a work life balance. I for one am very glad i applied for this job and hope to be working for them for a long time to come. Ive never worked anywhere before where all staff are genuine and help whatever the situation.
Pros
The Staff and Support given
Cons
None.
Great place to start a new career
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire6 February 2019
Great place to start a career. Made extremely welcome from the very first day. Management are always approachable. Every day is varied none are ever the same, The management and support workers put the individuals at the heart of everything they do. It is a really great place to work.
Pros
Teams and Individuals
Brilliant place to work.
Acting Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire28 January 2019
I have worked here since 2016 with a short break in between. Safe to say when I left I wanted to come back immediately.
Management are supportive and try their best to support you.
There is always plenty going on and everyday is different!
The individuals we support are amazing and everyday is different
So glad to be back and working here feels like home.
Pros
All support is peeson cemtred. A fun place to work.
Cons
Sometimes the hours can be long.
Positive, caring, fun place to work
Skills Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire23 December 2018
Happy Futures is absolutely the best place I’ve ever worked. Every day is different and my role is quite varied, so I’m learning all the time. It is a positive, caring environment and we have lots of fun whilst still maintaining professionalism. Definitely the biggest advantage is getting to know the amazing individuals we support, doing activities with them, and I also love the therapy dogs! I have always found the management team to be approachable, very supportive and they have an open door policy. Working with the Happy Futures team is like being part of a family and I wish I’d found it years ago.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
None at all
Avoid
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire15 November 2018
Management aren’t supportive but claim they are. Constant rota changes so don’t know if coming or going. Supposed to be 4 weekly rota, getting them weekly even days before new week starts. New staff inducting new staff it’s like the blind leading the blind. Constantly rota’d on for over contracted hours and if you can’t do it management hang up on you or don’t support. Don’t ask if you want overtime they expect it. Full of cliques and gossip. Told to watch your back. Long hours followed by sleeping over followed by long hours so if you have kids or a home life don’t bother applying coz it’s expected of you to live at work for days on end. New packages being taken on with not enough staff to support. Not a happy place to work yet they pride themselves on positivity.
Official response from Happy Futures Support Specialists Ltd
16 November 2018

We appreciate all feedback, we pride ourselves on being open and transparent and can only resolve issues if they are brought forward to management. From interview we make people aware that we have a zero tolerance to gossiping and unless we are made aware of this action cannot be taken. We have an open door policy in which management can be contacted at all times. If you would like to bring any issues you have written within your review forward, we would be more than happy to discuss these

My time on placement as a social work student with this amazing company!
Student Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire29 October 2018
From day one I was made to feel extremely welcome by all the team at happy futures. It was a really enjoyable and happy environment to be in and I was made to feel part of the team. I felt at ease and was supported throughout my time by management; this was really important for me as this was my first placement so was unsure what to expect. There was always someone to answer any questions i had; I really felt like management and the team always made time for me and went out of their way to support me. I was provided with lots of training to develop my learning during my placement and was encouraged to make the most of my time with the company by being provided with a variety of opportunities. This was an excellent first placement, I didn't want to leave!
Pros
Supportive team to work in, lots of training opportunities, flexible, fantastic management
A happy future
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire14 October 2018
At Happy Futures we give our individuals just that, a happy future. We thrive to make the conpany thrive. Sometimes it can be difficult for cover with the industry being a fast turn over of staff but this company has not had anywhere near the amount of new staff as i have seen with previous companies, surely this goes to tell you that it is a fantastic company to work for. Come and join a happy fun place to work for!
Pros
The individuals!
Cons
Can be stressful as all jobs can be!
Fantastic person centered specialist support
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire23 August 2018
Amazing employer with fantastic opportunities available to all employees...the sky's the limit here ,for both management, support workers and individuals who have created the outstanding award winning company that it is today . Management are always approachable ,the Rota is usually 3/4 weeks in advance giving staff the opportunity to approach management if anything needs changing .There are times there needs to be Rota changes for new support packages or due to staff holidays and sickness so everyone has the opportunity to work extra shifts over there contracted hours . Every day is different and in the 18months I have been in this employment no day has been the same and I'm still excited to be coming to work .
Pros
An employment opportunity to excel, and enhance the lives of individuals, thus achieving an amazing happy future
Cons
Absolutely none
Forward thinking, caring and transparent
Employment Co- ordinator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire22 August 2018
An exceptional company to work for. Individuals are the heart of the company and their welfare is always put first. Working hours are fitted around the individuals and not the support staff. Training is ongoing and there is always opportunities for both the staff and individuals to learn. A happy, fun and caring workplace with a very supportive management team.
Wish I’d known about this company years ago.
Complex Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire20 August 2018
Wow where do I start to tell you about Happy futures . No two days are the same . Yes it can be hard challenging work but the rewards outweigh the tough times. You’ll never know what your walking in to.
There’s a old saying “your only as good as your management “ well we have the best management you could wish for, supportive, constructive and approachable.they take time to listen and help you if required.
Pros
Good money if your prepared to put the hours in
Enjoyable place to work
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Eastfield20 August 2018
I have worked for happy futures for a year now and have enjoyed every minute of it. The individuals I look after have their own unique personalities so every day is different. Management team work very hard and are very approachable if there is a problem that you can’t sort out yourself. Rota is 4 weeks in advance so if there is a shift that you can’t do if you let them know they will sort it and change it. Overall I’m happy in my job and love the job I do.
Pros
Great company to work for with the best team of staff
Support Worker
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire16 August 2018
A pleasure coming to work, it's like its name 'Happy Futures', a happy environment, always something going on for individuals we support to participate in. The staff I work with are great and the utmost professionalism is shown by the management team at all times, I find them very approachable.
Overwork staff. Dont ask if you want overtime the just assume.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire16 August 2018
Best part of this job is the individuals that ypu support Hours are shocking talking 50 -60 a week and they don't ask if you want overtime you just get it.
They then complain when you tell them you cant do it. Management belive they are supportive but don't have a clue what's actually going on. Take on big packages without the proper staffing levels. Staff moral low and loads of cliques . Rota changes all the time so you don't know if your coming or going. Say that all staff are experienced when there not
Pros
The individuals.
Cons
Long hours. Can be away from home for over 24+ hours.
Official response from Happy Futures Support Specialists Ltd
20 August 2018

We appreciate all feedback, we pride ourselves on being open and transparent and can only resolve issues if they are brought forward to management. We have an open door policy in which management can be contacted at all times. If you would like to bring any issues you have written within your review forward, we would be more than happy to discuss these

Fun working environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Scarborough/Whitby15 August 2018
I have been working wjth Happy Futures since 2016, Happy Futures create a fun working environment and a high standard of support to the staff and individuals within the company. Absolute pleasure working here. There is plenty of support from management and colleagues are always on hand to help. Rated outstanding by CQC shows the hard work all staff provide to the company and to individuals standard of care and support.
Great work place, happy to come to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Whitby, North Yorkshire13 August 2018
Love working at Happy Futures honestly the best place I have ever worked so happy here and you know when your happy to come to work you’ve got the best job
Pros
Great management, very supportive such a happy working environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Happy Futures Support Specialists Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6