Happy Days Nursery

Happy Days Nursery Employee Reviews

Short hours with minimum wage .. Promised more but never came to fruition. If it had I may if stayed longer couldn’t afford to make it work longtime with a family. Nursery staff all seamed friendly and dedicated to their jobs.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Pay . Hours . No perks
I have worked at happydays derriford for 12months . They hold regular meetings with management to ensure your well being Regular training and updates are given along with free uniform. I enjoy working there and find as I do supply I work with all ages allowing me to enjoy all aspects of nursery.
Pros
Free tea and coffee along with free uniform and trouser allowance paid lunches and breaks.
Cons
Monthly staff meetings
The setting was large and very clean. The children were a pleasure. Good communication between staff members and parents. Confident manager, supportive and approachable.
I get on with everyone who works there and learn new things every time I work. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with the children and seeing them develop.
Pros
Seeing children Develop
The people there good co-workers. Management very considerate and concerned about your work experience. I would recommend working there. Great environment to work in. Flexible hours.
Really good place to work. The staff are really good practitioners and help progress the children using the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum. The nursery is clean and presented well.
My time at Happy Days was very easy but also sometimes challenging it was easy to balance my job and my work load from college and my social life All the staff were very nice and helpful
Undering no circumstances send your children here, management don't care about the staff let alone the children, children are kept outside for 3-4 hours as their isn't enough staff for rooms to split, each child get £1 budget for their meals throughout the day so a £1 for breakfast, lunch and snack, this nursery is all about a show and how much money they can make
I really enjoy working at Happy days the staff are really friendly abd all get along well. We all work together to get the job and make sure the safety of the children come first. Each staff member works really hard daily and enjoy every minute.
Loverly company to work for, work around hours to you with the family life. Great nursery all 3 of my children went there and enjoyed ther time with them
Rocky start as a brand new premises and team but getting it's act together to fulfil the promise it holds. Beautiful building with excellent facilities.Excellent team.
Pros
Wonderful building. Great head office team.
Cons
None.
The nursery was a big nursery with an increasing number of children and staff on role. The opportunity to extend professionally was available and the team of staff were fun to work with. Management was always supportive with other staff member s and always willing to improve services they provided for children to maintain a good learning and development throughout.
Pros
hot lunches
Cons
Helpful and friendly staff, as well as an enjoyable and happy environment to work in. I learnt vital health and safety procedures that will benefit me for future jobs.
Most awful nursery I have worked in. The induction, by head office which was given to new staff, was amazing! However, management have no clue how to run a nursery. Both manager and deputy left the nursery to have a meeting at Costa, leaving the nursery without a safeguarding lead. They talk to staff rudely, even in front of parents, and the way they talk about staff in the office for everyone to hear (including parents) is disgusting. I really wish head office would have come down more often, as this is a new nursery. This nursery is declining fast, and am not surprised staff are already leaving.
Pros
Staff are amazing with the children
Cons
Happy Days Nursery was great fun and rewarding to work in, staff are very friendly, salary was good and generally great fun! Long days but only had to work 3 days a week to earn my average pay which was great, I had time to pursue my photography business on my days off.
as a whole happy days nursery is good, as i was only there for 6 weeks on placement from college i never really got to know the benefits and never got paid as it was only placement through college, the staff was really nice and helped and never put any pressure on me forcing to do anything i was uncomfortable with
My two years at happy days nursery has been the best time I could have had the staff are so nice and make you feel so comfortable as well being an apprentice you get all the help and support needed
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Didn’t like it much didn’t like how I was treated and didn’t like it very well I was only doing cleaning all the time and not really interacting with the children
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Treated wrongly
happy day nursery was my very first work placement that i like at first but it helped me diced what i wanted to do in life, but at the same time i got to try out something new and get more experience.
Pros
love helping the kids
Cons
was not the right place for me
I enjoyed experiencing how it is like to work with children and how to be a confident strong role model to them it helped me develop new skills such as being part of their team and being productive with them.
Majority of the time the senior management are brilliant. Assistants within the room are brilliant at their job and often fun to work with. The senior staff will work with those who require additional support such as depression or anxiety to ensure work does not impact your own health. Children and families are wonderful and senior staff often happy to work shifts around your own family life. Hours can be long but pay is pretty good for a childcare setting. Lack of training due to costs involved for company is frustrating.
Pros
flexible senior staff
Cons
Poor training short lunch breaks on long shifts
  1. Employee reviews