Hamptons International

Hamptons International Employee Reviews

United Kingdom24 reviews
Earlier years; had great culture, a sense of fun and achievement.
Hamptons International is very professional property company with good client focus morals. It use to be a fun place to work. The balance between succeeding and team satisfaction was spot on. I recommend them as a good place to develop your career.
challenging and fun
Great company, great management, what more can you ask of, i first came to Hamptons as a temp staff then was offered a perm role and 1 year later i am part of the furniture.
Pros
great guidance from staff and management
Cons
salary could be a bit more
Lovely place not bad
My manager is great, staff are friendly, work stimulates the mind and its just one day a week but I enjoy it. I would recommend this place to everyone and Saturday jobs would just be perfect for mums or students.
Pros
Lovely staff members
Rickmansworth Branch
I worked for Hamptons for a short while in the Lettings, Rickmansworth. I would love to emphasise how great it was however that would be untrue. In particular the management pick and choose on whom they like, I saw many things that contradict the Hamptons ethos. Management intruding in your personal life and overall unprofessional approach to their employees.

Needless to say, I am so much happier working anywhere else!
Great
Enjoyed my time with Hamptons International. A company that are proud of their brand and invest in their employees. Nurture talent and provide good training
Pros
brand ambassadors
Cons
opportunity for growth
Good Job Work/Life Balance
I don't take worrk home with me. I have learnt about the process in Sales and Lettings. Working with Solicitors in the conveyancing process. It's a fun place to work learning from people with vast amounts of experience
I have developed some key skills working for Hamptons and have enjoy being part of the office culture, but I do find the work to be very repetitive.
My typical day starts at 7:45am and my first task will be to go through my emails and chases on the system dashboard. My portfolio of properties tends to be quite busy, so I often have over 40 emails in my inbox. My emails tend to consist of correspondence from landlords and tenants regarding maintenance works, utility bills and other invoices. I also draw up schedules of damages and negotiate between landlords and tenants regarding deposit releases. My days tend to be very busy and I often have to deal with property emergencies, which makes prioritising a very important skill in this job. I have also learned to be very organised as I am responsible for coordinating maintenance works, property visits as well as responding to general property queries in a timely manner. My communications skills have also improved as I am required to be diplomatic when dealing with clients and tenants.

The management tend to be friendly and approachable but sometimes disorganised and overstretched which can be difficult when individual portfolios require daily attention and firefighting.

The work place culture is largely very friendly and I enjoy working as part of a team with my colleagues. We are encouraged to spend time with each other outside of work when we go for lunches every couple of months.

The hardest part of the job is balancing the different responsibilities and successfully prioritising and mistakes can have wide, implications for the clients and the company. It is also very difficult to get a pay rise which has a negative impact on staff motivation levels.

I do enjoy
 - more...
Excelent compant to work for
Excellent company to work for. Friendly work colleagues employed by hamptons and they were always careful to ensure any agency staff were able to fit in. a happy site was a productive site. Excellent management of sites, always well looked after. Varied and fun work environment.There were long hours needed at times but you also had quiet days which gave the job some variation. possibility of staying away for some sites as well
Pros
steady work
Head office position
Worked in the head office of hamptons international which was home to country wides other brands head office to (i.e green and co).

The people were nice enough, as the job is very target orientated it caused people to steal credit/customers out from under you.

Our floor was home to well over 100 people and every month more than 20 people were complained about payment issues. (One guy was owed over time for over 6 months and counting!)

Would not recomend.
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Monthly payment issues, All staff are made to upsell extra profits but not all teams are eligible the comission!
Great culture. MD of the company if fabulous. Training is part of the culture and embedded into the Hampton's ethos.
The people are great . They work hard and have fun.
Positive place to work
Great training
Great company to start your career

Will always try to progress people within the company

Great brand to work for also owned by Countrywide
Pros
Large organisation lots of training and experience
Cons
Long hours and weekend work
Productive and fun place to work
Varied depending on the work load
I learnt a lot of different skills within my time at Hamptons, all of which will be beneficial to various roles

Management varied but on the whole was positive

Work Place culture was exceptional

Dealing with difficult phone calls

Job Satisfaction and the team
Pros
Flexible
Cons
high turnover of staff
A superb organisation who endeavour to promote from within and have a tremendous culture and service offering
Hamptons is a fantastic company to work for. What's most inspiring about the company is it's appetite to promote from within, this means that hardworking individuals without huge industry knowledge are able to enter the business on a level playing field and given enormous opportunities to grow. As a senior manger there isn't anything more rewarding then seeing your team develop their skillset, confidence and techniques with all of the extensive training and career progression that Hamptons provide, it really is second to none.

I started at Hamptons as a negotiator without any industry related experience, quickly gaining pace and results through the brand with reward and recognition. I soon progressed through the several ranks and now I am able to run my own branch and develop my own skills through further projects and business opportunities.

Overall, it is a lovely company to work for and the people really do make it, Hamptons is a stand out brand, with first class people.
Pros
Achievable career progression, fantastic opportunities and great people cutlure
Cons
Bonus structures are good however need improvement.
Great Workplace
I've been with the company 8 years starting as a Negotiator and progressing through the ranks to an Associate. Hamptons is a great company to work for, plenty of training courses should you wish to progress along with all the support necessary for promotion.
Pros
Great Support
Cons
Great place for career advancement
Hamptons is run by approachable individuals with both good business acumen and with enormous industry knowledge inspiring confidence in the leadership.

Having progressed from a position as a negotiator to a position as a Sales Manager, I would recommend the company to those looking to progress with a career in property.
Amazing experience
learnt new skills and lovely atmosphere. really loved the people as i was treated like part of he family. alongside this, taught me to lease with customers more effectively and also become more independent.
Learned a lot and enjoyed myself
A great chapter in my life, learned everything I know about the property industry while at Hampton's and for that I owe them a lot. Had no problem maintaining my life/Work balance.
Pros
Summer Party
Cons
Low basics
Average, could be so much better
A typical day involves focusing on an applicant call out to discuss any new properties or price reductions, canvassing in areas where more stock is required for applicants,organising your day effectively to ensure enough time to complete viewings and deal with the whole process of the offer from start to finish.
Pros
Good commission opportunities, good holiday structure
Cons
Long working hours, Saturday work
Consistent and Serene
I love working for this established estate agent based in Wimbledon Village, London, I have worked here for five years every Saturday and I get on well with my team and have excelled at admin skills highly, I am always communicating with clients via face to face and over telephone and email, in addition I have progressed in facets such as organisation, time-management and attention to detail.
Pros
once a week
Cons
once a week
Challenging and enjoyable experience
My daily tasks are very structured at Hamptons International and each day requires planning and prioritising. I have a number of objectives to reach including applicant management, deal progressing, appointments outside of the office and client feedback.

I have learnt how to manage my time efficiently and how to work under pressure ensuring customers and clients expectations as set realistically and achieved. The management during my time at Hamptons International has varied and I have been required to adjust to different managements styles. This has taught me how to be versatile and work with different people and management styles.

The most difficult part of the job links closely with the most enjoyable element, dealing with the public. During my time with Hamptons International I have faced many challenges when having to deal with different people under pressured situations. Property is a large investment for many people and everyone can become stressed during the moving process meaning it is key for me to manage people’s expectations so I am able to exceed these if possible as opposed to not meeting them. I have enjoyed working with such a variety of people and facing different challenges and experiences every day.
Great team
I work with a great team of people - we work together very well