Hamptons International Employee Reviews

Head office position
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 July 2018
Worked in the head office of hamptons international which was home to country wides other brands head office to (i.e green and co).

The people were nice enough, as the job is very target orientated it caused people to steal credit/customers out from under you.

Our floor was home to well over 100 people and every month more than 20 people were complained about payment issues. (One guy was owed over time for over 6 months and counting!)

Would not recomend.
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Monthly payment issues, All staff are made to upsell extra profits but not all teams are eligible the comission!
Learning and Development Manager (Current Employee) –  London12 March 2018
Great culture. MD of the company if fabulous. Training is part of the culture and embedded into the Hampton's ethos.
The people are great . They work hard and have fun.
Positive place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire28 February 2018
Great training
Great company to start your career
Will always try to progress people within the company
Great brand to work for also owned by Countrywide
Pros
Large organisation lots of training and experience
Cons
Long hours and weekend work
Productive and fun place to work
Property Manager/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Aldgate4 February 2018
Varied depending on the work load
I learnt a lot of different skills within my time at Hamptons, all of which will be beneficial to various roles
Management varied but on the whole was positive
Work Place culture was exceptional
Dealing with difficult phone calls
Job Satisfaction and the team
Pros
Flexible
Cons
high turnover of staff
A superb organisation who endeavour to promote from within and have a tremendous culture and service offering
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Berkshire27 January 2018
Hamptons is a fantastic company to work for. What's most inspiring about the company is it's appetite to promote from within, this means that hardworking individuals without huge industry knowledge are able to enter the business on a level playing field and given enormous opportunities to grow. As a senior manger there isn't anything more rewarding then seeing your team develop their skillset, confidence and techniques with all of the extensive training and career progression that Hamptons provide, it really is second to none.

I started at Hamptons as a negotiator without any industry related experience, quickly gaining pace and results through the brand with reward and recognition. I soon progressed through the several ranks and now I am able to run my own branch and develop my own skills through further projects and business opportunities.

Overall, it is a lovely company to work for and the people really do make it, Hamptons is a stand out brand, with first class people.
Pros
Achievable career progression, fantastic opportunities and great people cutlure
Cons
Bonus structures are good however need improvement.
Great Workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire26 January 2018
I've been with the company 8 years starting as a Negotiator and progressing through the ranks to an Associate. Hamptons is a great company to work for, plenty of training courses should you wish to progress along with all the support necessary for promotion.
Pros
Great Support
Cons
Great place for career advancement
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 January 2018
Hamptons is run by approachable individuals with both good business acumen and with enormous industry knowledge inspiring confidence in the leadership.

Having progressed from a position as a negotiator to a position as a Sales Manager, I would recommend the company to those looking to progress with a career in property.
Amazing experience
Weekend Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Epsom26 November 2017
learnt new skills and lovely atmosphere. really loved the people as i was treated like part of he family. alongside this, taught me to lease with customers more effectively and also become more independent.
Productive Fun place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  All areas6 August 2017
The company premises department is a happy and comfortable place to operate, i have risen from site operative to site supervisor and for the past 2 years project manager.I find that the work place culture is very demanding but rewarding. Hardest part of the job dealing with conservation area premises departments. I have enjoyed every day in the positions within the company and will be very sad to leave due to redundancy.
Pros
Health care, discounts on some day to day items and products.
Cons
Non
Learned a lot and enjoyed myself
Client Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 July 2017
A great chapter in my life, learned everything I know about the property industry while at Hampton's and for that I owe them a lot. Had no problem maintaining my life/Work balance.
Pros
Summer Party
Cons
Low basics
Average, could be so much better
Letting Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire8 April 2017
A typical day involves focusing on an applicant call out to discuss any new properties or price reductions, canvassing in areas where more stock is required for applicants,organising your day effectively to ensure enough time to complete viewings and deal with the whole process of the offer from start to finish.
Pros
Good commission opportunities, good holiday structure
Cons
Long working hours, Saturday work
Consistent and Serene
Lettings Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wimbledon Village7 September 2016
I love working for this established estate agent based in Wimbledon Village, London, I have worked here for five years every Saturday and I get on well with my team and have excelled at admin skills highly, I am always communicating with clients via face to face and over telephone and email, in addition I have progressed in facets such as organisation, time-management and attention to detail.
Pros
once a week
Cons
once a week
Challenging and enjoyable experience
LETTINGS NEGOTIATOR (Current Employee) –  Caterham, ENG16 November 2015
My daily tasks are very structured at Hamptons International and each day requires planning and prioritising. I have a number of objectives to reach including applicant management, deal progressing, appointments outside of the office and client feedback.

I have learnt how to manage my time efficiently and how to work under pressure ensuring customers and clients expectations as set realistically and achieved. The management during my time at Hamptons International has varied and I have been required to adjust to different managements styles. This has taught me how to be versatile and work with different people and management styles.

The most difficult part of the job links closely with the most enjoyable element, dealing with the public. During my time with Hamptons International I have faced many challenges when having to deal with different people under pressured situations. Property is a large investment for many people and everyone can become stressed during the moving process meaning it is key for me to manage people’s expectations so I am able to exceed these if possible as opposed to not meeting them. I have enjoyed working with such a variety of people and facing different challenges and experiences every day.
Great team
Senior Lettings Negotiator (Current Employee) –  ENG8 November 2014
I work with a great team of people - we work together very well
......
Part -Time Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham28 September 2014
• Selling new Retirement homes to existing and prospective customers
• Proven track record in Sales targets reached.
• Presenting a company profile to all who visit the site, from prospective clients to site mangers.
• Surveying properties of all sizes and standards ensuring that the work is completed to the client’s expectation.
• Communication with buyers and sellers as well as liaising with contractors and solicitor’s.
• Good administration skills are required for this position all of which I have lots of experience in over the years of working in this field.
• Managing and planning my own diary
• Training new members of the sales team.
• Maintaining monthly KPI’S set.
• Over achieving monthly Target set.
Busy, happy environment
Sales Representative (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Marlow24 December 2013
Checking the diary to see how many viewings were in the diary for me. Reading through the notes on database for any background information on the client before meeting them.

Updating the database after each viewing, meeting and greeting visitors, taking details, finding out what they are looking for in a property, giving them details of relevant properties, finding out whether they have a mortgage arranged.

I learnt how to talk to people and how to use open questions to find out the relevant information without appearing to pry too much.

My co-workers were very supportive and trained me on every aspect of the job.

I did not feel that there was really anything that I could classify as the hardest part of the job but I suppose people cancelling a viewing at the last minute was disappointing and more of an inconvenience.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and finding what they were looking for in a property. Also taking people on viewings and having the opportunity to look around some lovely properties.
Pros
Very local to my home
Cons
Working on Saturdays
Excellent company
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ENG18 October 2013
I had the pleasure of working for this company for close to 4 years. I really loved the company and the staff and nothing was ever too much trouble. I became the Senior Administrator due to my hard work and dedication to the business