Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 57 reviews matching the search See all 6,239 reviews
Low reputation
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Stansted Airport6 May 2019
Don't even try to get a job at this hotel at Stansted. Got invited for a job trial and was promised to get paid for the hours. Unfortunately, didn't get a simple job nor the money. This is just a pure exploitation. The hotel just tries to save money on a labour. They care only about the profit because when I get there for a job trial, the assistant manager repeated to me 3 times what money he needed to collect from customers on that evening. Beside that, the staff at the hotel can't cope with a pressure and just simply leaving.
Pros
Nice interior of the hotel
Cons
Management team is a bunch of liars
Staff are lovely
House keeper (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom17 March 2019
Hardest part of my job is the making of the beds as we have rooms with double beds and twin beds & we only get 20 mins per room to get it up to standards for the guest and hotel it’s self,
Productive Workplace
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Hilton7 February 2019
In my actual position i always have challenges, from upset guests to a operational situation with system and under-staff.

As a duty manager my main role is find a solution for every circumstance that came around in a basic day, basically keep the Hotel Operational.

My role is about a decision maker and i just love it, even when sometime it seem that can be stressful i am willing to find a solution and when i finally done i realise that deadline pace situation help to bring the best of me and i love it.

I do find myself confident working in solo as well with team, i do believe i have people skill with i have got it by interpersonal skill and work experience.
Excellent place to work.
General Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool13 November 2018
Each day you check guests in and out, reach each different needs for each guest. Make sure everyone is happy. Working as a team here is vital. Gives you a chance to learn new things and progress.
Pros
discount on hotels worldwide. Awards nights
Boring workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Stansted Airport18 October 2018
Hampton by Hilton has great people working there it was easy to get along with people however I thought the money wasn't good enough for me really. The Job was hard work but I didn't like how I was working 6 days a week it was exhausting and doing all that work wasn't worth £200 a week I should have had either less days and the same wage or same days and higher pay.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Salary
Productive and fun place to work
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 July 2018
Situated just a five minute walk from London Waterloo train station, the contemporary Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo hotel offers guests an elegant, yet affordable base in the heart of London; near corporate and government offices
Pros
unpaid breaks
Cons
No food on shift
Bad place
Public Area Attendant (Current Employee) –  Stansted13 July 2018
Bad memories, crazy boss, only Romania emplyees, no break Time, no gloves to clean dirty place like toilets, they only need, mess in housekeeeping office
Stressful
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Stansted22 June 2018
The payment was not by hours, it was by rooms and you were supposed to do 3 rooms in 1h. I know, it seems okay but it wasn't just making the bed. You had to clean the bathtubs, the mirrors,see what is missing and put it back, put towels after folding them in a specific way,refill soap (we had 6 types of soap), vacum and clean the glasses that were filled with coffee from previous customers. 3 weeks working non-stop, without a day off, it was a little too much , at least for a starter. Though, after I left London I found out that someone else came in the 'manager's place' and he/she put 2 or 3 people working in 1 room together as he/she found out that only a supervisor (2years plus) is able to make 3 rooms in 1 hour.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Long hours and stress
Terrible managers
Food porter (Former Employee) –  Liverpool Airport4 June 2018
The mangers were very rude when it came to asking for time off for family issues, you weren’t aloud a break to eat or drink after being there from 7 am till 3
Cons
No breaks
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City7 May 2018
I REALLY LIKE THIS HOTEL AND WORKERS FROM THERE. I ENJOY THIS JOB. I LEARNED EVERYTHING WHAT I NEED FOR THIS JOB. MY DUTIES: changing bed linen and towels, vacuuming floors, making beds,dusting and polishing furniture, cleaning bathrooms, replacing stocks of guest supplies.
Buen compañerismo
Recepcionista y reservas (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire19 March 2018
Buen ambiente laboral, con la gestión de check-in/out y de la organización de reservas fines de semana.
Mejorar el inglés y a desarrollar mis conocimientos de recepcionista.
learned few things
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  London / Gatwick Airport8 March 2018
I have learned so much specially how to manage my can do attitute..there are tought days and days you enjoy your job and working enviroment ,,you met challenges of day to day duties.
Lovely Colleagues and Management
Night Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, Bristol19 January 2018
Very nice place to work at. I couldn't think of anything bad in working in this hotel. Approachable management. Professional staff. Everyone is hamptabulous.
Pros
Employee discount
Enjoyable place to work
Senior Guest Service Manager/Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Corby7 November 2017
I enjoy my current role at the Hampton by Hilton, new challenges arise and help me to push myself to become more successful in my role there. The Hampton is a well looked after and well led business.
productive
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stansted Airport4 November 2017
very friendly and welcoming people. also a lot of opportunities in the hotel. great workplace and easy excess to the airport. the workplace and well organised and prepare for customers.
Pros
opportunities
Cons
long walks
I enjoyed working for Hampton
House keeping/front of house (Former Employee) –  Derby riverlights31 October 2017
When I first joined as a housekeeper I enjoyed it. An then being able to progress on my career ladder to become a front of house member during this process I learned all about reception as well waitressing am handling bookings and gaining my customer service
Pros
Awards on housekeeping
Cons
Different management
Not good
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire23 October 2017
I started working for the company and enjoyed it but when the original head of house come back I started to be messed around with hours and find it very hard to communicate
Me encanto trabajar en el hotel.
Jefa de Recepción (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, United Kingdom14 September 2017
Me encantó trabajar en el hotel y mi experiencia fue muy buena en general. No solo aprendí a supervisar recepción sino que también tuve la suerte de aprender sobre los otros departamentos (reservas, finanzas, marketing...). El hotel tiene una cultura muy arraigada y amplia y nos transmitían toda la infomación a los empleados con reuniones mensuales. En esa reunión también se evaluaba el mes, puntos a mejorar, se premiaban a los empleados, se compartían los objetivos a conseguir a corto, medio y largo plazo, entre otros. Los trabajadores estabamos muy unidos y trabajabamos muy bien en equipo. Dedidí volverme a España y, desafortunadamente, tuve que dejar el trabajo. Pero altamente lo recomiendo como lugar de trabajo.
Pros
Compañerismo, buena organización, buena relación entre departamentos.
Cons
Oficina muy pequeña para tantas personas.
Good experience and fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 September 2017
- I really enjoyed my coworkers. They made the stress of the job manageable.
- It is a good place to learn a lot of things and get a good experience on various technologies.
Good
Food and Beverage Host (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol6 September 2017
Job is a good job working different parts of the hotel and meeting new guests everyday. Some members of staff are easy to get along with, learn new things as alot of staff are all from doffernet cultures.
Pros
Free breakfast when working the breakfast
Cons
Zero hour contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K