Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service

Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service Employee Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews
Great team work.
Great team spirit and very supportive staff. Staff are very knowledgeable and always ready to share their experience. Everyone is very thorough in the way jobs are done.
Excellent
Great Shift Pattern
Excellent Training on Station and at Hq

Great opportunities to better yourself through various courses and qualifications i.e gain an instructorship in one of the core station based subjects
Professional and Dynamic
My experience with Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service is from my volunteer activities, and what I have observed amongst fulltime colleagues. HFRS is a professional and respectful place to work, where there are no barriers to inclusivity, and there is a positive working environment.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Team great management not so
I really enjoyed working here
some would embrace your qualities

but unfortunatly others would not

I aches me everyday to not be here and unfortunatly I have the mental unvisable scars to show it
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great Job
If you have an idea they would encourage you to share to see if the team could help you further to develop it.

Time and place to chill, relax exercise but it was down to you to achive your GOALS.

They were always there for you.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
outcome on certain jobs
very professional work environment
I would receive a form requesting a home safety visit from a member of the public. Then I woud arrange to see the person and complete the visit. The visit would envolve helping to ensure that I gave advice to reduce the risk of fire and and trips and falls to the household and persons living in the property.
I would also have to attend joint community safety meeting to pass on information to other agencies if there was a risk to the person or property.

The job was very rewarding and satisfying and there was a good work place culture and support for any difficulties that may present themselves while I was working.
Professional, technically excellent, caring, compassionate and hugely social
A truly amazing organisation full of everyday heroes, great managers, inspiring leaders and an awesome mission. Fantastic career growth opportunities and professional development.
The best 'feel good' career I can think of.
simply necessary
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service provide high standards in Fire Incident response and furthermore extensive prevention and safety services.

The teams are sharp, diligent, committed, hard working and responsible.

Training and preparation and taken very seriously and the team is always well prepared for any scenario.
Pros
high levels of job satisfaction
Cons
work/home life balance disruption
Large family feel
Good place to work, invest in developing employees, undergoing lots of change due to budget cut backs and merger with HCC and HC for back office functions.
Fulfilling Place to Work
Great place to work and to be able to take a project from the design stage through to go-live. Knowing that all the hard work was appreciated and worth every long day.
Such a varied work day.
You train for so many disasters and never know when that skill may be called upon.But when you get to put that training into practice while others are in panic is such a good feeling.
Pros
Great Team spirit
Cons
working nights and weekends disrupts family life