Hammonds Employee Reviews

Management don’t care
Bedroom Fitter (Former Employee) –  Nottingham9 July 2019
Do not work for this company- product is shockingly poor when it is actually delivered which in turn means your job will not be finished so no payment and you will have to return in your own time
Terrible!!!!
Didn't want to stay
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hinckley, Leicestershire2 July 2019
Most of the calls I received were complaints or to follow up with account advisors after a customer never got a call back when they expected. Really frustrating when the account advisors wouldn't answer the phone, so you have to go back to tell the customer that they're get a call back by the end of the day, when really they probably wouldn't get it.
Management WILL let you down
Fitter (Current Employee) –  Southampton/Bournemouth/Salisbury29 June 2019
Hammonds used to be a good company to work for.
However they will now have you driving all over the country with no fuel payment. 8 out 10 jobs you fit will fail due to poor packaging/handling of materials or survey issues. This is down to surveyors having little/no product knowledge
You will get NO back up from the management team - they are a disgrace.
The company no longer has a quality control department, you are expected to inspect parts and report any issues. As a result you will NOT get paid until any issues are rectified.
Basically you are expected to fit a premium priced product that is fit for the skip !!
Creative and Professional
Sales designer (Current Employee) –  London21 May 2019
It's a beautiful place to work
It offers you the opportunity to explore your creative side and also to exercise your closing skills in a very good prospect lead base built over almost a century of passion and commitment.
Trainign is very torough and cover everything you need to know about their products with support for 6 months just to make your professional life easier to excel, create and deliver what the name of HAMMONDS promised.
Pros
Very good number of leads, professional training
Cons
Only commision based earnings, no reinbursement for any expenditure
Great job satisfaction can be achieved
Bedroom Fitter (Former Employee) –  Norfolk9 May 2019
To many problems with management not looking after the fitters. Failure to supply correct materials with to many survey errors. Fitters are penalised with pay deductions all to often when it's not their fault . No fuel costs allowed for . Used to be a great company to work for. But now it's hard to make a decent wage and cover expenses as a self employed fitter
Pros
Decent money when it all goes right
Cons
Long days
Good fun
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 May 2019
Great place to work but no room to succeed to a better job or to excel in the work place I enjoyed my time there but would have liked to have had more job opatunites come my way in the time I spent with the company while others that had been there in less time and had less experience succeeded above me
Great Job
Customer Service Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow23 April 2019
Great Job Learned Alot in There ,Had Great Staff And Manager And Area Manager Too ,They Help Me Alot With Sales And Talking Too People Aswell , Always Happy Place Too Work
Great if you like talking to yourself
Concessions Manager (Former Employee) –  North West16 April 2019
Poor Pay , Poor commission, expect so much , receive so little !
Your lucky if you talk to one person on a daily basis
Unfortunately not allowed to have a opinion , it's seen as negative
Email slap happy , you receive 1 every second
That's what some of the regional managers do all day
SIT AT LAPTOP
Pros
Cons
Many
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Midlands11 April 2019
I have worked for Hammonds for 12 years in total, firstly at Head Office and then as a Store Manager. I thoroughly enjoy my job, I have a great relationship with my Manager as well as the other staff within our region. When going through a difficult time, Hammonds supported me and I am very grateful for that. I am also grateful for the opportunities I have been given to progress within the company by becoming a Dual and Cluster Manager
Pros
Great team
Love working for Hammonds
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire31 March 2019
I have been at Hammond's for 5 years and 4 days and can honestly say I love my job I am now a manager of my studio for 2 years now so yes you can progress in this job if you wanted.
Yes you have targets but the company do help you achieve these.
Pay is great £5 when you make an appointment and another £5 when it sells on top of your hourly pay, also Hammond's give incentives quite regularly.
In my experience they look after us and always someone to help.
What other job pays you to talk to people.
You don't have to hassle people to get details we have an approach tool which helps with the building up conversation.
Pros
Commission
Cons
None I love my job
Bad work ethic
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  High Legh, Cheshire26 March 2019
Really bad company to work for...rubish commission IE £5 per appointment £5 if it sells... Very boring ...have to annoy customers with stupid competitions that people DONT win! Have to stand all day ...and in freezing conditions ...to many chiefs not enough indians ...
Pros
Cons
everything
Assistant Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire25 March 2019
A multi-skilled and adaptable warehouse operative with seven years’ experience in the industry. Physically and mentally adept in providing first class working practice within the warehouse environment. Methodical by nature with a keen eye for detail which leads to reliable stock management and inventory control. Enthusiastic and willing to get involved in every aspect of warehouse management, confident communicator and all round team player.
Not overly great
Fitter (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 March 2019
Good money if everything turns up half the time if not more then half there's something damaged missing and son on. Feels like the while company is just set around the fitter losing out and no one else. E.g something missing - don't get paid un till complete that is at least a week late. Something damaged - paid a week late. Surveyor issue- paid a week late. Customer can be a nightmare, they've obviously paid a lot of money for the wardrobe which leads them too be overly picky even too the point where there not happy that there are any joins at all as it is sold as seamless. If the product has been given a big discount they save money by giving you less time too do it. Recently fitted a room that was 3 times bigger then a room I had a day on and only got 2 days. Work things out on a 1.5 1.8 base but if it comes out that it's a 2.1 - 2.4 they will scale it down too a 1 day so they they don't pay the fitter as much. Overall one of the worst company's for the fitter too be at.
Pros
Pretty good pay
Cons
Everything aet agaist the fitter
If your eager to progress then stay away
Customer Service Account Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hinckley, Leicestershire21 January 2019
No career path for people wanting to progress
No incentives
Very low pay for what you do
The staff lie in order to get you to do things, then after will argue they never agreed that
Fast paced, friendly environment
Cargo Handler (Former Employee) –  Dover14 January 2019
A great place to work but a lack of hours led me to look elsewhere for employment, mainly weekend work but decent money, good management and helpful staff , overall enjoyed my short time here.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lack of hours
Draining!!
Retail Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bolton21 October 2018
Unimaginable targets! Hammonds just don’t get the client base for the targets they create! Most days stood all day for 9 hours with no customers wasn’t allowed to sit down and provided no source of seating for us! Commission was rubbish for what they charge for their furniture which is ridiculously overpriced ! Expected to get 5 people’s details on weekedays and 12 on weekends that many people didn’t come in over a month! Management slag you off to other employees and other staff within the store and get them to spy on you and report back! generally not a very nice place to work and it drains the life out of you! Hammonds are very forceful ringing the same customers over and over again day in and day out! Stay clear and don’t give your details unless you want badgering daily!
Pros
Cons
All above
Great Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Retail17 October 2018
This company has a great culture. It's a family business, but, massive!! I have worked here for 5 years and always wanted to stay! The wages aren't great, but, the culture is and there is advancement if you work for it. I would recommend Hammond's as an employer all day long.
Pros
The whole feel of working for an understanding employer
Cons
Not great pay
Not good
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  North East4 October 2018
Not a great place to work. On your own all the time and it was aways quite. Other stores that were double manned always signed each in and out and even did it for full says which was definitely not on.
Pros
No late nights
Cons
Very quite and boring always on your own
Enjoyable
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  North East6 September 2018
Surveyor in North East area. If you done your job correct you had a reletavily quiet simple work life, errors were met with understanding. Loved every bit of it. When it's busy it's busy, quiet summers. Best job I ever had. Still unsure why I left lol.
Pros
Decent pay, on time as long as surveys were complete
Cons
Evening and weekend appointments.
where to start
Call Handler (Former Employee) –  Hinckley, Leicestershire18 August 2018
Worked there for a year (on a temp basis) handling high volume of calls and booking fitters appointments.
Not enough staff on every department, customers left waiting for call backs that never happen. When they ask to speak to a manager, the managers would never deal with them, as they 'don't have to'.
Position came up for a full time contract when I asked to change from temp to permanent, the higher management would not guarantee this.
Fitters left in situations where the job was incomplete (they would not get paid until complete), used to call and complain they had no work booked in.
Wages are very basic and very little chances of getting pay rises, we were given bonuses for hitting targets which stopped after 2 months as they realized they could save money.
Pros
other staff member great to work with
Cons
higher management have no respect or appreciation for their staff