HAMMERSMITH & FULHAM COUNCIL

HAMMERSMITH & FULHAM COUNCIL Employee Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews
There are opportunities to grow. Social work is priveledged. There are good working relationships across some teams. Some innovative ideas are considered. There are strong ideas about hierarchy which can lose the voice of front line practitioners at times.
Pros
Ongoing development encouraged
Cons
Culture of long hours in some teams, others very boundaried
Management and the way things were handled were very poorly.

Cannot stand favouritism in organisations

Whilst colleagues and fellow team members were great challenging thoughts were not welcome.
Pros
loction, salary, benefits
Cons
management, resturcturing
Good place to work. Nice and friendly staff just like family. Result oriented and target driven work environment that helps you develop your skills. I recommend this place for anyone looking for a job.
Worked there for a short while thank God. Registration office managers behaviour was appalling towards staff and customers. MOST if not all of the staff team left within a month. Training was absolutely terrible which lead to many mistakes.
My role was to promote and sell waste and recycling contracts to private businesses, hardest part where the hours, but colleagues were friendly and I loved working as part of a team, but also loved having individual goals.
Management where hands off, which had its good and bad points, meaning some staff took the liberty with this set up, the most enjoyed part, were meeting the public, as I'm definitely a people person and with me , once you meet me, I'm never forgotten ( in a good way).

I learnt to respect young and old and the old saying, treat people, how you would want to be treated.
I would not recommend working with LBHF, they are bad employees and do not treat their staff well, This, in my opinion, is down to years of bad management. They are constantly restructuring and therefore, this will not offer job security.
Very professional organisation. However talents are overlooked as it appears promotions are based on familiarity . Your face has to fit. Management is.more authoritarian based.
it was pretty easy to be honest, i lot of nice people but the hardest part was the maggots in the bin from time to time. Also sometime rats would jump out.
Great organisation,great support,really proud to have worked with this organisation. H&F empowered me to try,and try again and helped me attain invaluable skills
It's very interesting working here as no two days are the same. Its a different experience from what I am used to but I have learnt a lot as its a different workplace culture.
Pros
The working from home is certainly an advantage here
Good place to work but the abuse from the public just made the job not worth it. People would verbally abuse and threaten you daily even try to run you over.
Pros
short days good pay
Cons
get verbally abused and threatened daily
Enjoyed proof reading, preparing minutes for meetings and Interviewing potential housing officers. This is where I first l was able to assess the needs of vulnerable young people and begun to use my interpersonal skills to give them options to start seeing a bright future.