Halo Leisure Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Casual Play Leader (Current Employee) –  Pont y Cymmer, Bridgend23 May 2019
excellent company to work for. Provided all employees with lots of opportunities to learn about different things through their E-learning portal. Get a work email.Halo provide a lot of benefits to all their employees. Overall a great company.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
No cons
good
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Bridgend16 July 2018
average job
saving lives
cleaning
genaral customer sevice
overall a good place to work
staff were friendly
shifts were mostly very sociable
lots of breaks
Unsocial hours expect you to do everything
Receptionist/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ogmore and Garw20 March 2018
Work very hard, long unsocial hours. Better suited to a young person just left school, good learning opportunities to become a gym instructor personal trainer but no good if you have a family or other commitments.
Disorganised and no team work
Cleaner full time (Current Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire4 March 2018
Started off ok. management promise you to be able to better yourself and move to different rolls, but when it comes down to it they really dont want to know. very dissapointed with them.
Pros
Free gym and cheaper rate for family.
Cons
No training to better yourself. No team work.
Productive and rewarding
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Hereford24 December 2017
A day at Halo consisted of safe guarding, making sure that the Health and Safety of those on the premises were at high standards. I learnt how to perform First aid on those that gained or consisted of injuries in the facility. The Management system worked well as they would always ask what was going well and what could be improved in the Company. The hardest part of the job was having a late night then the next day and early start. The job was very enjoyable as working there you could progress yourself as a person, by putting you on different courses such as my swimming teacher one.
Fun and exciting workplace
Casual Kids Club Leader (Former Employee) –  Pontycymer, Bridgend24 September 2017
Working for Halo was always a fun and exciting time, everyday i experienced and learned new skills which will help me to progress in further work. Everyone in the workplace was friendly and made me feel welcome onto their team. The most enjoyable part of working for HALO was to see the customers smiling when they entered the building and when they left, this made me feel like i done a good job.
Pros
Good company, investing in the comunities
Productive and fun work place
Casual Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Maesteg, Bridgend29 August 2017
Within the last year working for halo I have gained a lot of confidence in my abilities to develop new skills such as customer service, knowledge of new systems online, working under pressure at peak times, and working as part of a team.
As a casual worker I experienced some days when the centre was at it's quietest and dedicated my time to cleaning around the reception area, and other times at it's busiest and had to maintain organisation between the phones ringing, a long queue of customers, as well as a sometimes slow credit card machine and slow computer. I am proud to say I have learned to maintain professional and calm under pressure.
The most challenging part of my job was taking on another responsibility as a temporary creche worker with no experience with children what so ever, although sometimes challenging working in an environment you're not familiar with, I have maintained the role since January 2017 and had an excellent experience.
The most memorable and enjoyable part about working for Halo is making new friends every day with the customers or work colleagues that will support each other. The interactions has helped me gain a lot of confidence in myself as an individual, and learn a lot of new skills.
Pros
Free membership at any halo facilities
Cons
Not enough work
Fast paced
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend17 April 2017
Excellent employer's.

Good benefits

Development and training available

Structural changes are continual but give the chance to progress through the management passway which is currently being streamlined.
Good company to work for but no chance of job progression!
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Ynysawdre, Bridgend12 April 2017
A good company but has its limits if you wish to progress into a higher role. Ground level staff are hardworking and loyal and keep the company afloat.
Pros
Free Gym membership
Cons
No job progression
Developing
Duty Manager - Human Resources and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Herefordshire, UK11 March 2017
As a whole a great company and business. In my time there the organisation was very new, and it felt it.
Still gave the opportunity to exceed and apply my own ideas to helping other.
What you make it
Full time employment (Current Employee) –  Wales16 February 2016
Working for Halo is what you make it. As in all jobs there are pros and cons, which depending on you as a person, will define your experience.
Friendly.
casual receptionist (Current Employee) –  ENG17 January 2016
I currently work on reception, this involves dealing with members and the general public daily. I work on the telephones and computers throughout the day as well as face to face.
Nice place to work
Reception and cafe staff (Current Employee) –  Bridgend, WLS26 September 2014
A typical day at Halo leisure would consist of doing half hour long pool rotations, as well as cleaning and class set up doing off pool time. During my time here, I have learned a great deal of teamwork skills, as well as being able to develop my confidence in dealing with customers. In terms of management, I feel that more could be done in terms of purchasing correct equipment and cleaning products and organisation of staff and resources. The majority of my co-workers are hard working and friendly individuals, who are more than happy to lend a hand to anyone in need. Many have been working at this leisure centre for a number of years and so are clued up on the day to day operations and what to do if anything goes wrong. I would say that I get on very well with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is quite often setting up of large sport classes when there is a small time frame for it to be completed. In my perspective, mre could be done from a management position to allow us as lower level staff to have more time to complete these tasks so that they are done to a higher standard. The most enjoyable part of this job role is definitely the people I work with. Nobody takes themselves too seriously and everyone is up for a laugh. At the same time, everyone mucks in together to ensure that cleaning and other tasks are completed quickly and efficiently.
Pros
Discount on food and drinks atthe centre
Cons
sometimes unsociable hours