Hallmark Employee Reviews

Found 129 reviews matching the search See all 3,254 reviews
no comment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Surrey Heath, Surrey8 March 2019
I need to start from the beginning when I applied for a care assistant role and I got an interview the the role I applied the interview went very well they asked me what I wanted to do after I said I would like to work as a Administration assistant but I haven’t got the experience because,and the interviewer said that there is a part time job as a receptionist is going on at this place if you are interested we can also give you a interview for the role so I said but I haven’t got any experience in the role, she don’t worry we can give you all the training you need and they also new I have a disability I was so happy they accepted me with my disability and offered me the job and than everything change.The most enjoyable experience working there was the Resdents I just loved them all, it was poor management even I couldn’t run like others but they wanted to me to think about the job if it was for me or not
so I just left because of the atmosphere there.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Brighouse2 March 2019
 I am really happy that i could work in Hallmark in Brighouse.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Full time Comby driver/warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield1 March 2019
In hallmark I have completed full training as a comby driver and then I started to drive it.

management there were very helpful and understanding.

best part of this job was driving the comby.
Pros
breaks not paid
Cons
8 hour shifts
Friendly and valued
Temporary HR Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire27 February 2019
I really enjoyed my time at Hallmark, the team were fantastic and I felt really supported whilst i was on a temp contract. I would have loved a perm role however there was no opportunity at the time and I have since moved location so now not a viable option for me.
Would highly recommend the HR Team and the people I worked with.
Pros
On site shop, culture, people
Cons
long commute and not a perm role
Great place to work.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Heckmondwike7 February 2019
Loved working there. The management were really supportive and worked witha graet team. It was upsetting taht the store had to close down. I really enjoyed it.
Flexible
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, Bristol17 January 2019
Great job as very flexible, especially if you have children , but money is minimum wage which doesn’t match the job as a lot of responsible and working on your own initiative....
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long hours at seasonal times
Great
FLT Driver/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bradford20 November 2018
Great place to work looks after its employees the benefits great too really enjoyed my time here. management are great too...............................
Hmmm
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire7 September 2018
You are thrown in deep end and expected to make a miracle by getting more sales even though the high street is dying off. I’m organised head office and management there.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Rubbish manager salary for lots of work
Day work
Warehouse employee (Former Employee) –  Brighouse1 September 2018
I am really happy that i could work in Hallmark in Brighouse.
We were starting the work day at 6am and finished it after 7 hours of work. In this work, I have learned to work in a group and organize myself. I tried to achieve the daily targets and I was able to do it many times. Unfortunately, I had to finish my adventure with Hallmark due to moving.
Good weekend job
Shop Assistant / Prelude Ltd (Former Employee) –  70 High St, Southend-on-Sea16 August 2018
A typical day would start with cleaning all glass panels and ensuring general tidiness prior to opening the store. The managers Ram and Ketan were very friendly and welcoming making all customers feel at ease, setting an example of how each customer should be approached.
Pros
Provided transferable life skills
Cons
Generally quiet
picking packing
Sales Assistant Picker packer (Former Employee) –  Brighouse9 July 2018
I started work at 2:00pm to 22:00pm.
I learned driving LLop low level oder picking truck i REALLY enjoyed it the best part of my job was i enjoyed driving LLOP.
had to pick pallets and wrap them with plastic wrap and drive them to packing station.
Tried talk with my collegues and build up a good understanding
Hallmark, no challenges for merchandisers
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hampshire6 July 2018
Work is quite flexible, especially good when you have young family. Typical day contains about 2 -5 hours work (+ way to shops),contract 12-19 hours max. Minimum wages.
Hallmark doesn't give you any opportunity to develop your talents, no challenges. You are self-supervised, so job sometimes can be quite daunting . Management not helpful. Personally I like flexibility of this job but lack of challenges and personal development is quite frustrating.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no paid break, no challenges
The team is friendly
General Operative (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire25 June 2018
Pick and put prices on greeting cards.The team is friendly helping each other.Learned a new way of working.Management is good.The culture of work respects.It is very difficult to work here.
Excellent Training given
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire20 May 2018
Good team building within a fast pace on the production line.

Bank holidays and christmas shut down

Good to work for and a great team within the work place
Pros
Christmas shut down
Cons
Not much over time
bad experience
Quality Inspector -temp (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme10 April 2018
was set on for a two week contract with the aim for further work..was let go at the end of two weeks and told will be contacted when work picks up...i was contacted two months later for ONE days work....not impressed
Not a good place to work.
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria5 April 2018
Poor training and staff treatment. Overworked and not enough training. Huge manager turnover. No set manager and inflexible when staff need time off for emergency appointments.
chef
Hallmark Hotel (Former Employee) –  Gloucester3 April 2018
The job was nice and easy, but I wasn't happy with my salary .

My colleagues was nice and we was like a family . We was enjoying the job that we had .
Pros
free food
Cons
Long hours and Less pay
not the best place to be at
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Brighouse, West Yorkshire3 April 2018
just wasnt the one as they was employing through agencys and then u was not getin a call to come in the end u didnt evan get a full weeks work and after 3 months it was ova
Good to work for
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Brighouse, West Yorkshire22 February 2018
Worked on the night shift, on a temporary contract. Picking and packing. I met good people, and got on well with all managers. Would happily work there again.
fast paced well organised
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire29 January 2018
day to duties were unloading container with various products and stacking ready to be located. Picking orders ready for dispatch.
overall hallmark was a well established company and well organised but work was only temporary up till the Christmas period. I learnt few basic picking skills with the use off a hand held machine and the use of a electric palled truck.
Pros
organised
Cons
short period

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K