Play YouTube video button
Hallmark Care Homes

Hallmark Care Homes Employee Reviews

United Kingdom135 reviews
I really enjoy working as a Senior Carer at Arlington Manor. Everyday is different and some days busier than others but I wouldn’t change where I work! I love it, the team are amazing. The general Manager is really supportive and always has her door open talk.
Bullying culture Deputy Manager far to friendly with certain few clicky unprofessional all talking together lots of gossiping not approachable, excessive work load pressure of work continuous pressure low team morale CRM a waste of space false pretentious and lazy, lead on residential ground floor vile and so far in with the deputy no confidentiality the gossip is foul she is lazy and spends most time in the smoking shelter but for some reason a face fits ! No confidentiality, expecting floors to run on 3 members of team with no help or support, wok load excessive, Deputy has no people skills and afraid of confronting will turn the tears on if things not going her way feeble not needed in hallmark could cope with just a manager to make more cost effective, to many chiefs and not enough Indians the residents and team work really hard to do there best for the residients with no words of thanks from managers just put downs and improvement ( occasionally a bag of sweets or a hand cream wow !!)
Pros
breaks are not paid even when not taken
Cons
Core long term staff at Anya Court are bullies. Administration Manager thrives on destroying careers CRM Manger equally as vile! No respect for educated staff!
Pros
Nothing but perhaps the decor from HomeSense!
Cons
Bullying long term lazy staff!
Pros
breaks are not paid even when not taken
Cons
Terrible,abusive management. I only wish they could be named,a bullying culture very much exists in all of Hallmark,the 5 star ratings are from the bullies and/or the selected ones who turn a blind eye to what's really going on. Serious breeches of cqc guidelines,when will these be exposed,every care home needs to be properly investigated by the police.
Pros
Cons
Long, long shifts.
I love working there , where can I start from my amazing colleagues to the supportive management, to amazing ladies at the reception. This place gave me all the things my old job didn't, appreciation, and the opportunity to become better.
Pros
Reward, bonus, gifts
Cons
almost none
I wouldn't put a dog in a hallmark home. That's all they care about is bums on beds. Complete lack of caring. Very institutionalised. Staff have no idea how to care for patients with chronic conditions. Very sad
This is the worst care home I have ever worked in. Managers, nurses and carers alike like to bully and put people down. I have seen physical fights on shifts between carers. The manager cares about money and control, rather than the residents. Day staff bully night staff, implying that they are lazy and stupid. I have never felt so disgusted in my life than when I worked here, and I thank my lucky stars I got out of there.
Pros
Nothing, don't ever work here
Cons
Everything, bullies
Very kind boss and such a lovely client we are looking after. The home was really nice and clean the pay was very good. Staff are kind everytime we visit other care homes.
Working at Admiral Court is good and I enjoy being part of a team.
There is plenty of training offered and ways to progress your career.

Only thing sometimes wrong is that we need more team members.
Pros
Being able to wear trainers to work
Cons
Long days
every team has difficult times and we are only part of one that has amazing team.
around leigh on sea this home I am in now is one of the most recommended home in the area.

I am happy that I am part of this team,

my manager's are always there to support us, although the pay is quite low and they can do better with our wages. This home is amazing the staff are very welcoming very happy and very supportive to a new comer like me I have been in this home 7months and still very happy with my job. There are times that we are short team but the team will work us one and support one another.

my residents and their family become my family too.as I work each day I have released how lucky I am to be in this home. I wish to continue to work hard and wishing to be in this home until I retire.
Pros
from breakfast to dinner one word "AMAZING"
Cons
it would be nice to have a paid breaks :)
Hallmark Care Homes is a progressive company ,a lot of emphasis is on training and career progression if you interested, their care homes provide safe environment and have a robust quality assurance system in place . I would highly recommend the company to anyone who is looking to join care industry.
Pros
team recognition, death in service, flexible working hours, family oriented.
Cons
If you are passionate about caring and making a difference there are no cons.
Hallmark are a great company to work for. I have been with them for around 3 years now. The team really care and we all work well together. Management are amazing and they really look after everyone. Management beyond the home I work at are equally as good and are always approachable. Would highly recommend working for hallmark. The opportunities to learn and to love your work exceed expectations
If you fancy being treated like rubbish, worked into the ground because lack of staff and absolutely no help from nurses/management.not enough food for the clients
Pros
Allowed to wear black trainers!!
Cons
Will, put, u, of, caring, for, ever, don't, work, there.
Its taken a while to write this, my experience at hallmark was appalling. I saw some terrible things in the home i worked in, and it took so long for anybody to do anything about it. I have never in my life had issues with my mental health however the position i was put in there caused me to require a serious cool down period from nursing in general. The senior management team were terrible from the get go, however they closed their eyes a lot of the time, i do believe its because the pay was very good and they all drove fancy cars. My integrity was too deeply ingrained to go down that path. The teams were over worked, the place was chaotic and their was no appreciation for going above and beyond. It was expected in my position to work all hours of the day and night weekends included, i ended up doing 65 hour weeks as the norm, without ever being paid any extra. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 yard pole given another chance.
Pros
Beautiful environment aesthetically
Cons
Long hours, senior management
Busy but rewarding.
Great opportunities for training and development.

Management are fair and appreciative.

Great Culture.

Fast paced environment.

Spending time with the residents and meeting lots of people are the most enjoyable parts of the role.
Pros
Flexible, Friendly, Rewarding
Cons
Longer hours
The majority of the staff have been working at hallmark for many years and have become very close.
there were many occasions when situations were not dealt with professionally. I passed my 6 month probation in November 2019 only to be told yesterday that my services were no longer required with no acceptable reason.

If your face dont fit, you are out!
Cons
Not happy with you working from home
I haven't reviewed a company before but felt compelled to as my experience was so difficult and affected me tremendously.
Firstly the homes are beautiful and in my experience the senior management/owners were friendly and engaged.

However some of the regional support team were rude and demoraliaing. I experienced bullying and found the general environment toxic and backstabbing. I hated it and as a result have left healthcare altigether. I would say that there aren't enough care staff to do an adequate job. demoralising. I
Having worked for another provider for a long time this was the best move I made.
A great team and everyone works well together to achieve the same goal
There are some companies who espouse a core set of values but then fail to deliver. This is not Hallmark.

Hallmark has a core set of values that are truly at the centre of everything we do. The value of integrity is a core tenet that I fully embrace.

I fully recommend Hallmark to everyone.
It is often said "what is the difference working for one organisation against another". Prior to working for Hallmark my answer was more pay and conditions related. At Hallmark, roles are often compensated at above market rates. But of greater importance and significance, is the organisations culture based on real family values. Experiencing this first hand, it is a case you never knew what you were missing working elsewhere. I can state with clarity and confidence that Hallmark is special because family values drives exceptional good will, comradery, friendship, fun and pride in making a difference to peoples lives.
Pros
First class working environments. Competitive pay and benefits. Strong team culture
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark Care Homes. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9