Play YouTube video button

Hallmark Care Homes Employee Reviews

Genuinely the best job I’ve ever had !!!!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bryn Celyn, Maesteg16 April 2019
Although my days are busy and sometimes stressful, I can always count on my Line Manager and General Manager for support when needed. We are a great team !!!!
Pros
A great place to work.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day.
Abysmal staff support
Carer (Former Employee) –  Wales29 March 2019
Do not work for this company. Arrogant, useless management putting genuine care staff in danger by employing "mates" with no experience, hence staff in charge getting fired. The management at Maesteg are going to get taken to court for firing genuinely hard working long serving staff. Avoid this place. The whole company is run by a family more suited to running a corner shop.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Management corruption
Bullies
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Admiral court leigh on sea9 March 2019
Bullying is all around the home from senior carers to care assistants. Seniors have the carers they really like and ones they don't and they are not afraid to show it, trust me I'm currently on the receiving end of it
Pros
The residents
Cons
Bullying
Wonderful place to work
Day Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Girton, Cambridgeshire23 February 2019
I worked in Cambridge home for a short while but had to leave for personal reasons. All i can say is it was a pleasure to go to work. Wonderful managers and as for the directors they were a pleasure to know. Other members of staff were supportive and friendly. All round a wonderful team of people
Pros
Free meals uniform and really good training
Great Place to Work
Admin (Current Employee) –  Essex18 February 2019
I have worked for this company for 12 months now and have enjoyed coming to work every day. The values of the organisation are dear to my heart and compliment the expected quality service to our residents.

The management team are supportive and there are excellent training and development opportunities, both mandatory and for personal development. There are career pathways in place so I have regular discussions with my manager about my future at Hallmark.

I can recommend working in any of the Hallmark care homes.
Pros
Great training and opportunities
Cons
Hard work but lots of support available
It’s a business not a care home
Bucklesham (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk16 February 2019
Not a nice place to work, very unfriendly team and overbearing CEO, a toxic environment- management are bully and clicky, you can’t trust anyone. Never appreciated always micro managed. Lots are looking for new jobs
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Nasty twisted management, very low morale, no job satisfaction
Good Place ro work
Accounts Receivable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billericay, Essex12 February 2019
Checking emails and acting accordingly. Login to caresys and dealing with admissions and discharges . Dealing with telephone calls and emails, Queries from the homes, The hardest part of the job for me was calling families that have lost loved one chasing outstanding debt but from years back. Its was unprofessional to have been left so long and relatives can get abusive.

The team I work with were great mostly at times. Could have had more team players that helped others and not kept things to themselves. A very generous company and loved the family whom own it but they want there moneys worth an more,
Pros
vey genrous
Cons
they need to listen more and accomodate there staff due to too much work put on them
Inadequate support and praise, poor work life balance.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billericay, Essex27 January 2019
Worked here for a few years as felt trapped on full time hours, always was at work and worked every weekend-which is often short staffed to sickness so felt obliged to pick up extra, so affectively had no work life Balance, unable to get time off as once they’d realise I’d been applying for jobs they refused annual leave. This is when it went down hill. Was treated ok up until then, as I just kept my head down and worked hard and love my job as I put a lot into it, which was soley down to me being self motivated, but could clearly see inequalities in how some staff were favoured and did very little and others had potential but simply didn’t get supported, made for a toxic and competitive environment. Poorly managed and no real place to make complaints- nothing is confidential or professional.
Pros
Good team, free meals, exquisite house and grounds, some incredible residents.
Cons
Everything else
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Billericay, Essex17 January 2019
Shame that Hallmark Healthcare are still getting it so wrong after 20 years.
From my horrendous experience there trying to avoid being brainwashed my the zealot family management team, I have had the best career. Thank you for helping me recognise how a bad company can quickly suck all joy from your life. There are good companies out there. Leave the bad employees to work at the bad companies.
Pros
Life lesson on how not to do things
busy and presurised environment
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billericay, Essex17 January 2019
An extreme amount of work load for a small number of people. A work hard to work harder environment - very rigid and no supportive management.

A family culture more interested in making money than looking after employees and suppliers/residents.
Life changing
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire11 January 2019
Wonderful Residents. Hideous managers, Senior carers often lazy. Horrendous lack of medical and knowledge relating to caring for the elderly.. customer services and admin are toxic and thrive on belittering and bullying staff and relatives alike. Money and profit is all management care about. Anyone whom challenges poor care or bad practice will find themselves disciplined! Avoid if you want to avoid serious careeer suicide!
Poor management
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Admiral court19 November 2018
Staff are undervalued, there's alot of bullying and favouritism in the home, considering how much money the residents are paying there is not enough staff to give them the care they deserve, they do nothing but run staff down avoid working here at all costs!!
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Bullying, low morale, poor unsupportive management
Good company, great team
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton and Hove, East Sussex30 October 2018
I have been employed at hallmark for over 4 years, and have enjoyed all 4 of them. yes I would be lying if I said there wasn't some tough times involved, but wherever you work is this not the same? but its how you approach those tough situations and deal with them that lead to a happy work/life balance. sure people are going to have there gripes and moans, but on a whole hallmark is a fantastic company to work for. I have been given opportunities with them that I perhaps wouldn't have elsewhere and that is because as a company they believed in me and supported me and pushed me to better myself, because I believe they saw potential in me that maybe others wouldn't have. It makes me laugh when I read some of the reviews, as you don't go into care work and expect it to be an easy ride, its not. and if that is what you want then your going into the wrong line of work. Since day one I have found management approachable and understanding, and have always been given the opportunity to express myself without the fear of backlash, which has made the whole time working for them that bit more relaxed and enjoyable. The care team are hard working, passionate and empathic and go above and beyond to make sure the residents are well looked after at all times. I enjoy coming to work, its something I have the passion for and its true what they say, find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life. highly recommended as a company to work for
Bad environment
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff27 August 2018
I only worked here for a few months.. I got out as quickly as I could! Understaffed a lot of staff bullying! The nurses didn’t help one bit just sat in their office while we do everything! Went to the management to complain about some staff bullying but done nothing!
Pros
the elderly were lovely
False information
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billericay, Essex23 August 2018
I was offered a position at hallmark care homes upon calling and calling for nearly a whole month I was told my references was all good, just awaiting my dbs form (of which I was almost persuaded into paying for)

Nevertheless I called a day before my dbs was due to come through and wanted to check in and make sure all was still good as I was so eager to start, the lady I spoke to who was head of hr for the company unit told me all was fine and to “pop in as soon as I had my dbs”
(Bearing in mind I had already spent £35 in travel to run necessary documents back and forth,the next day came dbs cane through and I called to say I was coming in only to be told “actually we have changed our minds the references, were....how can we put this in the nicest possible way....unhelpful”

So it had seemed in the space of less than 24 hours that they had changed their minds, either that or a previous company have used defamation against my name, when questioned on who had said something bad about me, i was sternly told I was not allowed to know! Which is actually wrong as defamation of character is punishable by law!

The company kept me on a string for borderline 29 days before telling me no....

unprovoked.....underqualified....unprofessional.

This needs to be seen, for anyone like myself that almost ended up in serious debt due to bill payments etc avoid them unless you have a backup plan!
Pros
Every other weekend off
Cons
Poorly trained hr staff, lack of empathy for all staff.
Productive as I gained useful experience with old people
Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff13 July 2018
I developped a good experience while working in Hallmark, the worklaod was heavy but I managed to work full time and be able to go to school full time.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay
A truley wonderful company to work for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wokingham, Berkshire10 July 2018
A company that cares about you!
My time at Hallmark was the best experience of my working career, I learnt so much from my colleauges and managers whilst there, progression is encouraged, knowledge is available everywherer you look and the whole companies ethos has made an amazing work culture
Run on profit
Bucklesham grange (Former Employee) –  Ipswich8 July 2018
This company disguise themselves in the glitz and glamour of the care awards, where they always put forward someone from their unfriendly clique just to brown nose. The GM is young and clueless often picking fault in the underdog, never have I felt so useless and bullied with no support, this home does not welcome new staff unless your face fits, the food is poor and little expense goes into that, also often working on low staffing, almost work every weekend and 2 sets of nights a month with no enhancement, I would strongly reconsider if you accept a job from them, they’re desperate for anyone and discard you if your too nice.
Pros
Ample car parking and fabulous residents, also fab carers
Cons
Lazy nurses, bossy senior carers and useless and non existing management
Very poor management
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex3 July 2018
The home itself is a lovely place.the staff are great,work hard but always understaffed.The manager is a bully and tries to control rather than manage.he is unproffessional and doesnt care about his staff.His answer is if you dont like it get the bus out of here.A lot of staff have started to listen.Such a shame as it was a nice place to work before he went there.
Pros
Lovely dedicated staff who work hard
Cons
Bad management
Poor management
Care (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex1 July 2018
Lovely home and such hard working caring staff, manager is intimadateing and controls staff by fear don't ever be I'll! No empowerment from him unless empowerment now means threats and a promise of action on you if you dare to stand up to his shouting and unrealisitic targets of work time. Shame as company vision is lovely and residents are well cared for by care staff dispite their low morale.
Pros
Staff and beautiful home
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark Care Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9