Halifax Employee Reviews

customer focused nice colleagues
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton11 January 2018
the company has changed a lot over years but everything it does is at the heart of the customer. Every colleague has to provide excellent service offer other banking solutions to customers and meet their needs
Productive and fun workplace
Counter Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes1 January 2018
Structured role which includes completing customer transactions at the counter, providing advice and guidance and identifying opportunities for additional services.
Awful place to work and bad management
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newry, County Down2 December 2017
One of the worst banks I’ve ever worked for - the management team where horrendous. The one cashier system is terrible and only limited to one half an hour break, I did not enjoy my time here.
Pros
Not a bad salary
Cons
Lack of breaks, pressure of doing things on your on with limited support or help
Very hands on role
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  North East26 September 2017
A day at the Halifax goes so fast you wonder where the day has gone, i love working with the customers and get great satisfaction out of helping them with their finances. Hardest part of the job at the moment is that the company over the last couple of years have reduced the staff massively which puts lots more pressure on the remaining staff as the work load has increased so there is no work life balance.I have enjoyed the management role and have a very good rapport with my team.
Cons
I work more than my contracted hours and sometimes don't get a lunch.
a great pkace to work
Customer Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Selby, North Yorkshire18 September 2017
My job entailed meeting and greeting customers, building rapport, transacting on customers accounts, operating a till, cashing up, and finding out customers needs. I learned alot about people and customer needs.
Pros
chance to progress
A good experience of a professional workplace.
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster, Worcestershire4 July 2017
Learning to work in a busy and pressured environment has been invaluable experience. Working with a team and individually has given me many skills that I will draw upon in future employment.
Great team
Banking Consultant (Current Employee) –  Basildon, Essex21 June 2017
Coming to work and trying my best in making every customer I see better off, being able to build that rappore with them and trusting my level of service
Great feeling!
Pros
Giving great service to customers
Cons
Travel
Don't go to work for Halifax
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ealing, Greater London19 May 2017
Awful place to work
Managed poorly with bullying staff management
No chance to progress, particularly if you're not English born
Total exploitation and discrimination
It can make mentally ill, move on to the better place where you can learn, develop and progress by doing well! I would give no stars if I could!
Pros
Cons
Poor management
No Job security to little staff
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hinckley, Leicestershire25 April 2017
Funnily enough this job advertised is one I have just taken Voluntary Redundancy from. After 17 years it's the best thing I did. So few staff you can't give a good service and even manage holidays or sickness. So whilst looking for a new career I come across this which backs up they have no idea what they are doing.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
To fewer staff in branches
Friendly work place
Bank staff (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham4 March 2017
This job was fun but also demanding. The staff were lovely lovely very friendly and welcoming. They provided very good training and high standards of your working conditions it was a very busy place to work each day was different. Different situations all the time. Good customer service always needed you had to be friendly and helpful I'm a bit professional way
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
tiring

Want to know more about Halifax?

Ask a question
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire3 March 2017
I was not there for a long period but thoroughly enjoyed my experience there. Learned alot and helped me grow as individual. Staff were so welcoming and helpful.
Not bad
Business Banking Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex28 December 2016
It was a good job to start with but became more about what suited the company and less about helping meet customers requirements. Loved the customer interaction
Pros
Good people, job security
Cons
Not customer orientated
Friendly and professional environment
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  London30 October 2016
Everyday at the branch you would be greeted by co-workers and your managers with a friendly morning welcome. All of my co-workers were very supportive and really friendly and willing to help me wherever I needed help. They were always happy to teach me more about my role and helped me actively put the knowledge in to practice within the branch enabling me to make the most of my potential. The teamwork between each co-worker was outstanding and the communication was exceptional.
Established Company
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen21 September 2016
Could be a varied day but my main role was cashiering. I would serve and deal with a varied range of customers by servicing their accounts and dealing with any queries/complaints they may have. Product selling by chatting to the customers and listening to them to discover their needs. I learned all aspects of customer service, how to prioritise my workload, appointment booking, amending and cancellation. Throughout my career, have learned computer skills as when I started everything was manual. Have worked under many managers, each bringing their own style to the office and I have adapted well to each. My co-workers have all been easy to get along with and many have become life long friends. The hardest part of the job was having to refer certain queries to a Head Office department as said query was not within the remit of the branch, The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all walks of life and being able to deal with their queries from start to finish.
Pros
Good training
Cons
constantly reducing staff
Awful place to work
Customer Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norwich9 September 2016
This was probably the worst job I've ever had. I am all about customer service and this company is only about sales. They made so many changes to make things more difficult for customers. Management aren't interested in the unhappy customers we faced daily. Counter system changed every year and I spent a great deal of time helping colleagues who couldn't get to grips with it through managers not giving enough time on training. When I started bonuses were a good amount making it more worthwhile but these diminished by the end of my time there. Constantly short staffed to the point that we didn't even get time to go to the toilet! Lunch breaks were short and often delayed for hours. Managers under too much pressure and I experienced bullying from a couple making life there a misery.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Poor work environment
Disgraceful management
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh16 August 2016
Pay is decent compared to elsewhere, colleagues are fab but the management is a whole other ball park. Be good at your job, get asked to do more but get no spare time to do extra projects, don't get recognition unless you've done something wrong and certainly don't get paid anymore even with the extra work load. If you're bad at your job you're a target, have anything to say about it? You're told to hand over your badge (temp). Avoid at all costs unless you need your foot in the door to the mortgage/banking world.
Pros
Good salary, colleagues are great and nice people to work with
Cons
Management only recognise you if you're poo at your job
Productive and fun working environment
Customer Manager (Former Employee) –  Neath23 June 2016
I was employed with the Halifax for 13 years and was made redundant in January 2016 as part of a company restructure. Due to the restructure we were expected to do the job of 2 people with no extra salary increase or support which is why I opted to be made redundant
Pros
Great team of cashiers
Cons
Lack of mamagement support
Great work colleagues, good salary and benefits
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast contact center30 May 2016
As a call center this place was a highly paid and competitive and benefits were a lot more than most of a similar enviroment,
as a job it was quire repetitive but there were many enjoyable aspects of the job. A typical day would be answering calls for banking and savings queries and servicing the customer needs as applicable.
Pros
great colleagues, good salary, good benefits
Cons
rigid hours, could not say how you feel for fear of being negitive
Good not Great
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  London17 May 2016
they are a good company not great but would work for them again, when i first joined them i was making alot of commission but now you would struggle to make 1000pounds commission with them
Rewarding
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hessle4 February 2016
Very different everyday as customers needs are very different
I have learnt to listen to customers needs
Our branch is like a family and a variety of ages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halifax. Our community is ready to answer.