Play YouTube video button
Information from Halfords:

Halfords Employee Reviews in Watford

Watford5 reviews
Featured review
Halfords selected this as a representative review
The team members were all extremely supportive and the management are absolutely amazing, i say this because they not only listen to ideas and queries but try to support you in anyway they can. It is the only place i have worked for that treated me and valued me as a person not a number.
i would avoid to work for halfords as its not customer focused which i have come across and if customer complaints to customer service then they're been treated with grudge afterwards.
while on the shop floor i would be unloading bikes from boxes and assembling to a ride away standard in 15 mins on demand. on the spot repairs /booking bikes in for big jobs. stocking shelves . shop floor maintenance and customer service.
In the warehouse working from a list of bikes to build with added bikes throughout the day . Organizing stock.
Pros
enjoy working on bikes
Cons
minumum wage and lots of manual labour
Every day is different, for example, weekends and public holidays are the busiest times and every colleague needs to be 100% commited.I work with a variety of younger and older colleagues and believe I have a good relationship with them all, and we work well together. I have often been the sole sales advisor on the shop floor and have had many occasions where I am multi-tasking, answering the phone, showing customers where the product they are looking for is, signing for deliveries and serving at the sales desk.
The hardest part of my job is telling customers we do not have in stock the item they need/want, the best part is when your customer leaves with a smile after you have managed to track it at another store or can get it delivered to them directly.
A typical day at work would usually involve me building a bike for a customer while serving other customers in store. They would ask about the bikes and which one would be best suited to them. They would also ask about the product that we sell and information about them. I would also answer any calls to the department and answer questions that a caller may ask. At the end of a shift i would then walk around the store making sure the displays look clean and tidy.
Throughout my time working in halfords i have gained very key communication skills. They have helped my find out the right information from customers. I have also learned the skill to build and repair bikes. This skill has given me a grater passion into working in an engineering Field.

I get along very well with all the managers at my job and all my co-workers. many of us have been working together for over a year and have formed a very close bond. The most enjoyable part of working at halfords is helping out customers. when i have finished with serving a customer and i receive good feedback from them this is the most enjoyable part of this job.
Halfords is a great place to wrok as it has a friendly atmosphere. Colleagues and management work well together. a typical day at halfords invovles serving customers ensuring they are provided with good customer service as well as ensuring the sales floor is stocked well and looking presentable. the most enjoyable part of the job invovles working as part of a team to ensure tasks are completed.