Hales Jobs

Hales Jobs Employee Reviews

United Kingdom51 reviews
Excessive expectations
Not enough hours available to do the work that needs to be done.
2 part time staff would have been a better option giving overall longer hours

Unfair and underhand treatment of staff
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Not enough hours to do work that is required, Management underhand
1 May 2019
Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.

We'd love to hear from you directly about the issue you have mentioned so that we may review where we could have done better & have the opportunity to make changes.

We are so sorry that your experience with us didn’t meet your expectations.

Please email our team: people.services@halesgroup.co.uk and someone will be in touch soon to talk to you.
Worst company
Worked here for just over 4 months management was terrible, got bullied by other colleagues senior management did nothing.. if a service user if horrible and snatched knives and hits other people they do nothing less then minimum wage as paid by the minute so if you dont have calls you basically sat doing nothing for over a hour always chasing your wages also
22 March 2020

We are so sorry that your experience with us didn’t meet your expectations.

Management are bullies pathetic people a few times I wanted to hit them honestly someone starting trouble outside says less to you Dom care your out all day 15 hours plus paid for eight in there homes your paid by call but you must scan in out you do not get paid it the client requires more time only what’s down never work for them
30 January 2020

Excellent Place of Work!
I have been with Hales for around 4 months and they have been nothing but amazing and supportive since I started.

The directors are so helpful and the team in the branch and other branches are so easy to get along with.

Training is second to none to ensure you fully understand the role.

Work hard and you will be rewarded :)
22 March 2020
We value all feedback, and we are so pleased you enjoyed working for Hales.

If you ever want to speak with us directly about your experience, please email: people.services@halesgroup.co.uk and someone will be in touch!
terrrible place
terrible to work for never had much work not very good if you want to be a carer for the first not trained very good but the girl are good to talk to for help but not much else
30 January 2020

We are so sorry that your experience with us didn’t meet your expectations.

Do not work with or for hales
Wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone to work with/work for.

Management do nothing but sit at their desk then blame team, no incentives, rewards or praise.

Every person who is invited into the office is spoken rudely about when they leave the office, candidates who apply for the job are looked up on Facebook and the office is asked first if they are known before they consider them.

Sexist, Racist and homophobic in the office and work with companies who are like that too.

Promote bullying and talk about higher management behind their backs then blame it on other ‘Hales’ offices.

Very rude and horrible staff who have groups within the business, the pay is awful as well for the area and no parking included at any branch. No safety or care for their staff at all.

You are expected to work long hours with no overtime pay or time back, expected to not take your full lunch break and expected to cover out of hours phone on holidays. Management actually said this to myself.

The commmsion scheme isn’t fair and they take the money away from you so have no commission or prizes at all.

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY EVEN IF YOU ARE DESPERATE

Absolute Shambles. AVOID
Absolute joke of a company. Stated a job has become available from a client for 2 cleaning operatives to clean. Communication skills are non existent. Your better off talking to a wall. 3 weeks to try get hold of Natalie hales.. Branxh manager.. We kept chasing up but nothing. We get told we would get rang back.. This never happened. 3 weeks of Disappointment.. Then we get an email stating oh we have it wrong all this time.. Its for 1 person not 2.. WHAT CROCK! Avoid hales group like the plague at all costs.. Disastrous company.. Plenty of better recruitment agencies about.
Pros
nothing
Cons
No communication. False Advertisments

good wage
Long days, hard work.... very rewarding loved the service users. the wage was above minimum wage, which is good for a care company. however I found balancing work life and personal life difficult as any days of I had was spent ignoring their constant phone calls and texts asking to cover calls.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
poor management
Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.
We value all feedback, and we are so pleased you enjoy working for Hales.

If you ever want to speak with us directly about your experience or your concerns above, please email: people.services@halesgroup.co.uk and someone will be in touch!
Terrible
The service users were genuinely lovely, but you're not likely to be allocated enough time per call, nor enough travelling time, the meds training was poor, the mileage rate was only 15p per mile, and there was a reluctance for my managers to get involved when I reported concerns regarding service users' safety. Claims for extra time spent with service users had to be put on an additional timesheet. I never got paid for any extra time and I think my branch office must have thrown my extra timesheets away. I had to use my personal mobile phone and was not reimbursed. I had to chase holiday pay and, after I left, the office agreed that I had been paid at the wrong rate.

There was an attempt to achieve a work/life balance by having a rota that meant you worked Monday, Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday one week, and Wednesday, Thursday, Friday the following week. You were expected to work normally if your workdays coincided with Christmas.

If you live in a town and don't drive, they might try to create a round that you can walk round. If you can only work, eg. three nights a week, I think they would try to be flexible with that as well.
Pros
Tailored rotas
Cons
Badly paid, bullying managers

13 December 2018

Stay away! Corrupt
Get your family away if they have Hales! Carers are wonderful office staff are cruel abusive and corrupt they will abuse family members on the phones secretly they abuse their own staff.
This company needs closing down especially Lowestoft and Norwich branches.

Nothing is confidential and if you whistle blow to the highest people it comes straight back down to your manger and you then lose your work become bullied and dragged in the office and abused by regional managers. who reduce you to tears whilst abusing you as a person.

Elderly people are left with no calls. Some have been found days after and rushed to hospital.

Management needs sacking. This company does illegal things and gets away with it.
Pros
Nothing!
12 November 2018

Productive, supporting workplace
Productive, supporting workplace. I thing that they pay rate was good, the management and the office workers were supportive and if i need to talk to someone, i was helped.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Paperwork
12 November 2018

Service User Scunthorpe
I was with Hales for about 2 years. The staff out giving the care are mostly good, but the office staff are underhand, lie, and cannot do the job to any standard. They left my book at another service users house with all my details on show, my key code, my controlled medication etc. They did not sack the staff member and made out that it was not a big deal. My calls were often only covered my 1 staff and not 2 like in my plan. They did'nt even ask my husband and when we complained Zoe said that she does'nt have to ask. He should just do it. I would not let Hales look after my dad or anyone that cannot fight for themselves. They are a company who are not bothered about the service users. They think it's ok for a morning shower breakfast call to end at gone midday. I am diabetic and wheelchair dependant need my calls at 8.30 9.00am not 11am. They even said it's either 1pm or no care.. This is disgusting care from what I hoped would be a good firm. They are a joke and until they get new office staff this disfunctional company will carry on.
Pros
None really but the carers do try
Cons
They either need special measures and get rid of all office staff

Not very pleasent
Demanding caring role for the thereford branch... no breaks on shift in 14 hour visit list...that you get payed 10 hours for.
Rude co-ordinators and vacant manager.
Pros
Working long hours for awful money
Cons
A good insight into a poorly run team

Not a Professional company
Worked for hales wickford branch worst place I’ve ever worked for, manager thinks she Knows her job but don’t wouldn’t except advice always knew best with an attitude, rotas a joke out Friday nights around 6-7 pm for Monday week didn’t give any new client information ,care plans done by inexperienced staff and assessments ,hardly answered the office phone when u needed them ,never reply’s to any questions about your work for ever chasing them so un professional ,missed care calls then try to blame staff for there mistakes really needs looking into dangerous to work for when no proper care plans and risk assessment in place and Office staff that really don’t care.
Pros
Cons
To many to list

most rewarding job
my time at hales group was amazing one of the most rewarding jobs i have ever had as most jobs they have there ups and downs. up sides you always met new people managment was always on hand if you needed. for my self i liked the feeling of going home knowing my work was done to the best i could witch made my clients feel happy.downs the hardest part of this job was the end of life care and you get that call from management to let you know they are no longer with us. from this job i learend so much as it was the first care job i had done to name a few hoist, slide sheet, comode, rotunder, wheel chairs and peg feeding.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
long days split shifts
We value all feedback, and we are so pleased you enjoyed working for Hales.

Smashing company, great support and lovely people
Ive been with hales for 7months. I left in Dec 2017 and returned in March 2018 and it felt like coming home! The Directors are amazing and very supportive. HR are also quick to respond and very caring. Branch staff are lovely and keen to help. All in all compared to other agencies Hales is ace. Won’t be leaving again!
Pros
Great team, great support, encouragement to progress
Cons
Salary is lower than other places
Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.
We value all feedback, and we are so pleased you returned and are enjoying working for Hales.

Highly responsible
Working for Hales Health Care taught me a lot about people and how to communicate professionally whilst also making patients lives more fun and comfortable, safe. Expect a big work load when working for this company.
Pros
Good pay
Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.
We value all feedback, and we are so pleased you are enjoyed your time working for Hales.

Badly run company especially grimsby office
Having worked for hales for a number of years I have handed my notice in and NOT received a reference for my new employer, the office staff are very incompetent, since I have worked for hales I’ve had more managers and care coordinators than I have fingers! Wages was good where I was but there is no work life balance they constantly harass you to work and when you are at work they constantly overload you, they don’t care about service users or staff! Beware if you decide to work for them your life will be one massive stress
Pros
Block pay
Cons
Don’t care about staff nor service users

Challenging and exciting
A typical day at Hales Group would be greeting all staff as I go into my office. I have to deal with filing, invoicing, archiving and other buisness administration skills. I have learn't the importance of the small jobs such as filing and the impact it can have on the bigger jobs.
Pros
Building my knowledge
Cons
Can become stressfull
7 November 2017
Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.
We value all feedback, and we are so pleased you are enjoying working for Hales.

not a good company to work for. personal circumstances not taken into concideration
i enjoy caring in the community and find it very rewarding,however a lot of pressure can be put on to you through the office. a working day will start at 7am with a break for lunch when it fits in, return to work at 4pm until finish
7 November 2017

We are so sorry that your experience with us didn’t meet your expectations.

Productive and caring environment to work for.
Having been with Hales a little while now, I have been supported and encouraged to progress in the company.
I found the training informative and my paperwork was processed quicky and efficiently to start work.

The service users and our priority as a company and the staff i work with are outstanding at their work.

We all work well as a team. The staff benefits scheme is really helpful.

I would definately recommend Hales as a care provider.
Pros
Staff benefits
12 October 2017