Hales Jobs Employee Reviews

Not very pleasent
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thetford, Norfolk3 August 2018
Demanding caring role for the thereford branch... no breaks on shift in 14 hour visit list...that you get payed 10 hours for.
Rude co-ordinators and vacant manager.
Pros
Working long hours for awful money
Cons
A good insight into a poorly run team
Not a Professional company
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Wickford, Essex6 July 2018
Worked for hales wickford branch worst place I’ve ever worked for, manager thinks she Knows her job but don’t wouldn’t except advice always knew best with an attitude, rotas a joke out Friday nights around 6-7 pm for Monday week didn’t give any new client information ,care plans done by inexperienced staff and assessments ,hardly answered the office phone when u needed them ,never reply’s to any questions about your work for ever chasing them so un professional ,missed care calls then try to blame staff for there mistakes really needs looking into dangerous to work for when no proper care plans and risk assessment in place and Office staff that really don’t care.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
most rewarding job
home care worker (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire19 June 2018
my time at hales group was amazing one of the most rewarding jobs i have ever had as most jobs they have there ups and downs. up sides you always met new people managment was always on hand if you needed. for my self i liked the feeling of going home knowing my work was done to the best i could witch made my clients feel happy.downs the hardest part of this job was the end of life care and you get that call from management to let you know they are no longer with us. from this job i learend so much as it was the first care job i had done to name a few hoist, slide sheet, comode, rotunder, wheel chairs and peg feeding.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
long days split shifts

Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.
We value all feedback, and we are so pleased you enjoyed working for Hales.

If you ever want to speak with us directly about your experience, please email: people.services@halesgroup.co.uk and someone will be in touch!

Smashing company, great support and lovely people
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, Suffolk12 June 2018
Ive been with hales for 7months. I left in Dec 2017 and returned in March 2018 and it felt like coming home! The Directors are amazing and very supportive. HR are also quick to respond and very caring. Branch staff are lovely and keen to help. All in all compared to other agencies Hales is ace. Won’t be leaving again!
Pros
Great team, great support, encouragement to progress
Cons
Salary is lower than other places

Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.
We value all feedback, and we are so pleased you returned and are enjoying working for Hales.

Highly responsible
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft, Suffolk5 June 2018
Working for Hales Health Care taught me a lot about people and how to communicate professionally whilst also making patients lives more fun and comfortable, safe. Expect a big work load when working for this company.
Pros
Good pay

Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.
We value all feedback, and we are so pleased you are enjoyed your time working for Hales.

Badly run company especially grimsby office
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire27 April 2018
Having worked for hales for a number of years I have handed my notice in and NOT received a reference for my new employer, the office staff are very incompetent, since I have worked for hales I’ve had more managers and care coordinators than I have fingers! Wages was good where I was but there is no work life balance they constantly harass you to work and when you are at work they constantly overload you, they don’t care about service users or staff! Beware if you decide to work for them your life will be one massive stress
Pros
Block pay
Cons
Don’t care about staff nor service users

Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.
We'd love to hear from you directly about the issue you have mentioned so that we may review where we could have done better & have the opportunity to make changes.
We are so sorry that your experience with us didn’t meet your expectations.

Please email our team: people.services@halesgroup.co.uk and someone will be in touch soon to talk to you.

Challenging and exciting
Business Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire2 November 2017
A typical day at Hales Group would be greeting all staff as I go into my office. I have to deal with filing, invoicing, archiving and other buisness administration skills. I have learn't the importance of the small jobs such as filing and the impact it can have on the bigger jobs.
Pros
Building my knowledge
Cons
Can become stressfull
7 November 2017

Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.
We value all feedback, and we are so pleased you are enjoying working for Hales.

not a good company to work for. personal circumstances not taken into concideration
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  holton le clay20 October 2017
i enjoy caring in the community and find it very rewarding,however a lot of pressure can be put on to you through the office. a working day will start at 7am with a break for lunch when it fits in, return to work at 4pm until finish
7 November 2017

We are so sorry that your experience with us didn’t meet your expectations.

Productive and caring environment to work for.
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire30 September 2017
Having been with Hales a little while now, I have been supported and encouraged to progress in the company.
I found the training informative and my paperwork was processed quicky and efficiently to start work.
The service users and our priority as a company and the staff i work with are outstanding at their work.
We all work well as a team. The staff benefits scheme is really helpful.
I would definately recommend Hales as a care provider.
Pros
Staff benefits
12 October 2017

Enjoyable environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire26 September 2017
I feel i need to write this review as i believe that we live in a society where we are quick to judge and complain but are slow to compliment and praise. I have worked for Hales for coming up to a year now and can honestly say that over this time i have seen the organisation and people within it flourish. Hales is committed to developing individuals and working on giving all their staff a work/life balance. The teams are well led and work really well together and are a pleasure to work with. Yes it is hard work but that i am afraid is the care industry, if you don't mind a little hard work and commitment then the rewards will always make you smile. A pleasure to be part of this team.
12 October 2017

Enjoying my time at Hales
Admin (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire27 July 2017
Having worked for Hales Group for a little over a year I can genuinely say the company is very well run, treats staff well with a generous benefits system and I have nothing but good things to say about them. There are always positives and negatives in every company but Hales in my opinion are a very well run company and I find the company to be a pleasure to work for.
7 August 2017

Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.

Incorrect training or not the correct training.
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire13 July 2017
They need to take into consideration what training is needed for each individual work place and not bulk train people for just one job roll as they are not all the same. Be careful as it may end up in you having to do something you have not been properly trained for.
27 July 2017

We are so sorry that your experience with us didn’t meet your expectations.

no wonder my mum has to suffer
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  carer9 July 2017
staff reviews are as bad as customer reviews this is a failing company..staff don't want to be working here and clients are suffering the shortfall..god don't know what is worse, working here or been on receiving end of care at the hands of this company !
Pros
nothing
Cons
people suffer who are vulnerable
27 July 2017

Hales group
Nothing (Former Employee) –  Suffolk13 June 2017
Signed up nearly a month ago and havnt had a single phone call for work when I was promised it the week after I registered. The whole thing is just a massive lie.
Pros
Non
Cons
Never contacted after signing up
26 June 2017

We are so sorry that your experience with us didn’t meet your expectations.

Poor management and co-odination skills
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire26 April 2017
Treat staff like dirt unless you do everything they say carers out crack of dawn until late at night wouldn't of been so bad if they didn't take me for a ride.
Pros
pay
Cons
No respect from the staff in the office at all.
2 May 2017

Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.
We value feedback from our employees, and we’d love to hear from you directly about the issues you have mentioned so that we may review where we could have done better & have the opportunity to make changes.

Terrible to work for
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire19 April 2017
Management are poor asking to much unrealistic rotas 0 time between calls and long distances between them. The care co has no empathy not at all bothered about the wellbeing of the staff only getting calls covered . Working 10 hrs a day getting paid for 7. Massive turn over of staff. No wonder I lasted 5 months. I worked for the Hull branch.
Pros
Cons
Long hrs bad pay.
24 April 2017

lovely service users
Care worker assistant (Former Employee) –  fengate15 April 2017
every service user is brillant so lovely to get along with and help with their needs just not worth the money work 8-9 hours only get paid for 4 if your being driven around its not good when you have childcare and 2 children to support lovely job otherwise but too much to do for such little money :( so sad aswell they say 7.50 an hour and min wage for walker but its not the case u get paid more for traing than working
Pros
meet brillant people you care for
Cons
long hours and not enough money
24 April 2017

We are so sorry that your experience with us didn’t meet your expectations.

Worst company i have ever worked for!!!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thetford, Norfolk20 March 2017
This has to be the worst care company i have ever worked for in the whole time i have worked in the care industry! Long hours meaning being at the first clients house for 6am an leaving the last clients house about 10pm with only an hours break thats even if your lucky enough to get one unless youve been harrased by the office asking to fit in extra clients, 5 minutes travel time to get where ever you have to be! managment sit in the office moaning about all there staff, are sooo very rude. i actually became ill with depression due to things happening at home told them this an as i wasnt returning to work the next day i got almost 20 missed calls off the on call phone up till 11pm at night on my night off!!! they dont care about there staff. even all the clients moan about the office they always say they cant fault us lot out there doing the work but cant stand the office staff. will never recommend anyone to this company.
Pros
the service users are lovely
Cons
long hours, rubbish pay, terrible office staff
19 April 2017

Thank you for your feedback, we value all comments and treat them as an opportunity to review our services.
Having investigated the issues you have cited we are unable to corroborate the information based on our branch records which electronically monitor the movements of our care workers for their own safety as well as the effective delivery of care to our vulnerable service users. We work closely with our care workers to ensure that their preferences to hours and location of work are met as often as possible, however, a degree of flexibility is essential in the care industry. All recent Quality Surveys with our service users and care team suggest a content client and staff base who note the high quality of care they receive and good relationship with the new branch team, in place for the past 4 months.
Should you wish to raise specific concerns about your employment with us or discuss formally the items you have raised then please contact us at people.services@halesgroup.co.uk

productive and fun workplace
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Thetford, Norfolk10 March 2017
- typical work on the production
- quickly transfer products
- very good management
- very good work culture
- it was not hard work
- very pleasant people
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
work only one day a week
15 March 2017

Great company!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Suffolk13 February 2017
I really enjoy working for Hales. I have been given opportunities to advance my career, undertake training and have met some great people. No company is perfect and Hales has its improvement areas but they invest in training and new technology and overall the pay is competitive. The workplace culture is generally good and I believe people are working to a common goal. I think the company is loyal to its employees and with the exciting growth plans I feel secure in my role. The hardest part of the job is that it can sometimes involve working long hours but this is offset against the people that you get to work with - that is, for me, the biggest positive.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Sometimes long hours
15 March 2017

Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hales Jobs. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6