Hain Daniels Group
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Hain Daniels Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom48 reviews
Under resourced, no strategic direction from the leadership team- Poor Management. Dated Technology. Unprofessional. They don't recognise and reward good people.Disorganised.
Pros
Nice products- M&S/Pret
Cons
direction/ people recognition
I have worked here for about 3 and a half years and I have generally enjoyed my time there. The people there are largely friendly and you can have a laugh with them. For me a typical day at work would be inspecting fruit and picking out bad pieces. My manager is easily approachable. Culture is hard working but you can have a laugh with the people around you.
This company does not use chemicals as sop say use bleach on food contact surfaces and hygiene staff are not trained to use chemicals etc and do not follow any health and safety rules chemical left unlocked in factory very poor overall
I am working at Histon site, management is so poor,worst management I ever seen, if you like to be treated bad this is the place, no one cares about u
Pros
Good wages at the moment, but company is trying to change this
Cons
Too many, we are not treated as human beings, really poor health and safety
good company to work for, good training program, employee development program,

the management team is excellent, the most enjoyable part of the job is month end reporting.
I am a good boy and a worker. No one complained to me where I was sent, I went and helped.All the time I came to work I didn't miss a day. I have no problems with alcohol and cigarettes do not consume. I'm about 17 years old when I don't smokeI didn't have any problems with my colleagues, I didn't have any complaints. I just saw my work where I was sent
Pros:
4 on 4 shift means good life balance.

Opportunity to learn new skills.

Cons:

Salary was not adequate to responsibility given.

Frequent rotation of employees.
24/7 fridge. temperature is always between five and zero degrees Celsius. humid place because of product cleaning process. people always complained but few people complained to correct people
I have worked here for the last 7 years, all I see is people yawning as soon as they enter the site, management are not down to earth and constantly alienate staff, with unrealistic expectations. Forget to do something then forget keeping your job people are expected to be like robots and remember every single thing.

I have see lots of bullying by management especially in the Quality Department, people are afraid to speak up because they don't want want their lives to made more difficult than what it already is, some of the team leaders treat others differently which indicates bullying.

Hardest part of the job is unrealistic targets, yet they continue to push and when you fail they show you where the door is. Staffing levels are very poor which means some machine operators are running 2 lines by themselves.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Nothing
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
No pay rise, management are bullying, no payed breaks
Poor Senior Management, no pay rise since 2015 which has hit moral. Poor health & safety / culture. No part of the job could be described as the hardest really and none is particularly enjoyable or not.
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hain Daniels Group?
I worked hard on long sometimes 12 hour shifts.
I worked for an agency and was let go without any explanation. I really enjoyed my job and put everything into it.

Working conditions were generally good staff and management were usually friendly and helpful.

I worked in Meat free, Deserts and Security. I did lots of different things and I would recommend working for Hain Daniels.

I hope I get the chance to resume my job in the near future as I loved working there at the Fakenham site.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
No job security
having made immediate impact in a number of areas using my experience and knowledge to reduce costs the HD Group have not fulfilled promises in me meeting these extended targets
company closed down. was working in a freezer/chilled environment, with long hours, but was a fun and friendly place to work for, sad to see it close.
Nice people, good place to work, but now thing's have changed to bad(.
No personal growing anymore.

All the good people left this place.

5/2 working shift, 2 weeks holiday each time only, unpaid break time.
Pros
Now nothing.
Cons
Poor management
Poor management, low pay, no respect for employees. While there I had to struggle to not be treated as a slave, people acted as if it were a privilege to work in a messy factory for minimum wage.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, low income, no respect
They expect you to work so fast and do everything perfectly when it’s impossible to do so. They take away workers and you have to run around doing everything by yourself. Some team leaders just stand and pick their noses doing nothing and are very rude. They need to replan some things and maybe focus more on the workers well being and not just the money.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, rude staff, high expectations
I worked as a soup fuller, was supposed to be on £8.20 and hour but was only getting paid minimum wage, wen to deal with the agency & and company about it, weeks went by and still didn't receive the money i was owed, left after only having little shifts. They still owe me over £200.
Pros
Decent team to work with
Cons
no work during summer, underpay you
Higher ups break all the rules and look out for each other. Many managers are rude and bully the people below them. Production staff get shouted at for the tiniest mistakes and are made to feel worthless. Virtually no opportunities to advance in the company because the good jobs go to friends of the people in charge. Money gets spent on making the place look nice while equipment is literally falling apart, when the equipment does break down the staff get shouted at again because the managers are frustrated. Morale has never been lower, a lot of workers agree that the factory is being run into the ground by greed and silly decisions. Overall a depressing place to work, bad hours, sub par salary, no benefits.
Pros
Slightly better than being unemployed
Cons
Bad hours, bad pay, rude managers, no chance of promotions, no communication.
Busy days driven by production, focused heavily on production. Cannot add anything else as the site is closing with most of the staff being made redundant.
Communication have improved but still needs improving at all levels. Managements have taken tremendous steps to help people have better facilities in the factory.
Pros
benefits hubs
Worked there for three months as a class 1 multidrop driver, start at 4am, the run was easy with nice friendly customers but the route planning and weight distribution was awful, because there is no one on site who actually understands how hgv haulage works, the job is supposed to be job and Knock, but don't expect it cos there's only room for one wagon at a time in the yard and on your return the whole street will be jammed with trucks waiting to get in.
Pros
Easy drops
Cons
Transport office
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hain Daniels Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9