Hain Daniels Group Employee Reviews

Bad Company to work for
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Grimsby16 April 2019
I have worked here for the last 7 years, all I see is people yawning as soon as they enter the site, management are not down to earth and constantly alienate staff, with unrealistic expectations. Forget to do something then forget keeping your job people are expected to be like robots and remember every single thing.

I have see lots of bullying by management especially in the Quality Department, people are afraid to speak up because they don't want want their lives to made more difficult than what it already is, some of the team leaders treat others differently which indicates bullying.

Hardest part of the job is unrealistic targets, yet they continue to push and when you fail they show you where the door is. Staffing levels are very poor which means some machine operators are running 2 lines by themselves.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Nothing
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
No pay rise, management are bullying, no payed breaks
Poor
Transport Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 February 2019
Poor Senior Management, no pay rise since 2015 which has hit moral. Poor health & safety / culture. No part of the job could be described as the hardest really and none is particularly enjoyable or not.
I enjoyed working there
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Fakenham, Norfolk5 February 2019
I worked hard on long sometimes 12 hour shifts.
I worked for an agency and was let go without any explanation. I really enjoyed my job and put everything into it.
Working conditions were generally good staff and management were usually friendly and helpful.
I worked in Meat free, Deserts and Security. I did lots of different things and I would recommend working for Hain Daniels.
I hope I get the chance to resume my job in the near future as I loved working there at the Fakenham site.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
No job security
not lived up to promises
Group Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire10 January 2019
having made immediate impact in a number of areas using my experience and knowledge to reduce costs the HD Group have not fulfilled promises in me meeting these extended targets
cold factory
Production supervisor and team leader (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire8 November 2018
company closed down. was working in a freezer/chilled environment, with long hours, but was a fun and friendly place to work for, sad to see it close.
Was nice to work there before many people left the factory.
Supervisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Fakenham20 October 2018
Nice people, good place to work, but now thing's have changed to bad(.
No personal growing anymore.
All the good people left this place.
5/2 working shift, 2 weeks holiday each time only, unpaid break time.
Pros
Now nothing.
Cons
Poor management
Don’t work here!
Line Operative (Former Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire17 September 2018
They expect you to work so fast and do everything perfectly when it’s impossible to do so. They take away workers and you have to run around doing everything by yourself. Some team leaders just stand and pick their noses doing nothing and are very rude. They need to replan some things and maybe focus more on the workers well being and not just the money.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, rude staff, high expectations
Decent work but underpay you
Soup Filler (Former Employee) –  Grimsby13 September 2018
I worked as a soup fuller, was supposed to be on £8.20 and hour but was only getting paid minimum wage, wen to deal with the agency & and company about it, weeks went by and still didn't receive the money i was owed, left after only having little shifts. They still owe me over £200.
Pros
Decent team to work with
Cons
no work during summer, underpay you
Unfair treatment and unrealistic expectations.
worker (Current Employee) –  Fakenham, Norfolk21 August 2018
Higher ups break all the rules and look out for each other. Many managers are rude and bully the people below them. Production staff get shouted at for the tiniest mistakes and are made to feel worthless. Virtually no opportunities to advance in the company because the good jobs go to friends of the people in charge. Money gets spent on making the place look nice while equipment is literally falling apart, when the equipment does break down the staff get shouted at again because the managers are frustrated. Morale has never been lower, a lot of workers agree that the factory is being run into the ground by greed and silly decisions. Overall a depressing place to work, bad hours, sub par salary, no benefits.
Pros
Slightly better than being unemployed
Cons
Bad hours, bad pay, rude managers, no chance of promotions, no communication.
Production
Goods In Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire15 July 2018
Busy days driven by production, focused heavily on production. Cannot add anything else as the site is closing with most of the staff being made redundant.
better work environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  histon25 June 2018
Communication have improved but still needs improving at all levels. Managements have taken tremendous steps to help people have better facilities in the factory.
Pros
benefits hubs
Frustrating
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire24 May 2018
Worked there for three months as a class 1 multidrop driver, start at 4am, the run was easy with nice friendly customers but the route planning and weight distribution was awful, because there is no one on site who actually understands how hgv haulage works, the job is supposed to be job and Knock, but don't expect it cos there's only room for one wagon at a time in the yard and on your return the whole street will be jammed with trucks waiting to get in.
Pros
Easy drops
Cons
Transport office
Poor management
Food Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Leeds18 May 2018
Loved working there but the management is useless as I was training I obviously didn’t know what to do but management shouting at me on my first day isn’t acceptable walked straight out
Pros
Gain experience
Cons
Long hours and management
No english people at all and got finished for been english
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire1 May 2018
No english people at all and got finished for been english. Poor management. supervisors look after there own race and treat you like dirt and shout. If your english you will find it very hard to fit in.
Pros
Cons
Foreigners rule British people and treat them like dirt
poorly managed company
PROCURMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  buyer20 March 2018
Company has lost it's marketplace after merging with orchard house. I don't expect this company to have any clear identity within the next five to ten years
Pros
Cons
plenty
No good
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire6 March 2018
Management does not know what they are doing. People are giving positions they can not handle. People often ignore their responsibilities in the work place.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Role judgement
Good work place
Packer and picker (Former Employee) –  Leeds2 March 2018
Great company to work for the staff are very friendly and lots of work to do good hours and the wages are very good lots of overtime if you want it great place to work
Another American company destroying a successful company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear15 February 2018
Hains daniels
Get rid of all the experienced managers and offer there jobs up at half wages under a different title

The company is now a joke

Gateshead branch will close within a year
Cons
Hours
not too bad job
Picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Leeds6 February 2018
worked there just for 1 month but i dont mind but anny way its good job not to hard and good people. i have worked on every possition and all of theme ar good
safe place to work in
Food Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough30 January 2018
hain daniels are good team plazer but i had to left because of transport had no transport so i had to left but on the other side its a good work place to work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hain Daniels Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8