Hafod Employee Reviews

Management needs sorting ASAP
N/A (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend9 February 2019
Worked here for best part of 12 months. When I first started it was great then when you get to be one of 'our older carers' you get shoved aside and spoken to like dirt. Chance of progression.... Go for it.... If you want to be treated like a skivvy and be on the receiving end of the nasty messages when management don't get their own way. You bend over backwards for this company and you get nothing in return. And they wonder why all their carers are transferring 🤔
Pros
Meeting the clients
Can be fun
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rhondda Cynon Taff1 September 2018
Needs a contract and suitable hours esp pep with children more training could be given more communication between staff and management care staff needs to be done
Fun place to work
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Head Office, St Hilary Court23 August 2018
I work in the HR department and I love coming to a job that allows me to have fun and chat with my colleagues whilst still getting the job done. The flexibility with the working hours means it's easier to have a good work/life balance.
Changing for the better
HR (Current Employee) –  Cardiff22 August 2018
My time at Hafod has been far better than I could have expected.

The organisation has gone through a lot of change in the last couple of years and all of it seems to have been for the better.

I come from a private sector background and was worried it would be overly bureaucratic. However there is a desire to bring smart commercial thinking into the organisation and there is a real 'can do' attitude to make changes for the better, without burning out employees in the way I have seen the private sector do in the past.

The leadership is inspiring, and there is a commitment to innovation.

I work a nine day fortnight which is enabling me to continue my development with part-time studying, and balance family life as well.
Pros
Flexibility and work life balance
Cons
There is still a lot of change happening (for the better) which may not suit everyone
Terrible Workplace
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgend13 August 2017
The management put you down so often and make you feel like trash. The pay is minimum wage which is often the case for this kind of job but needs to be seriously looked at and reconsidered. If you don't want or need an extra shift the manager will ignore you for days until you take one. It is a difficult environment to work in and having bad management and difficult to work with staff makes it so much harder.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Tense atmosphere between staff and management
for filling
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend11 May 2017
I loved the job ,I learned so much and I love learning I gained QCF level 3 from working there , I would make sure all needs were met all supplements were given and that everyone was happy, we went through some hard times with change of management leaving and there was no continuitie , the best part of my job was the service users I love listening to there stories but wish there was more time for person centred care
Pros
getting to no the clients
Cons
very hard work
Senior carer
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend27 March 2017
I found the job enjoyable and satisfying, mainly the staff were lovely! But a member of your senior caring team was very rude and very unprofessional when working with me
Pros
Enjoyable environment
fun place to work
care assiastant (Former Employee) –  torfean6 January 2014
flexible hours, managerment change regulary, worked with some very caring carers . kept up to date with all the training, just liked helping out other people.
Pros
helping out other people
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hafod. Our community is ready to answer.

Hafod Reviews by Location