Hackney Learning Trust

Hackney Learning Trust Employee Reviews for Service Manager

Service Manager1 review
United Kingdom1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
My time is split between planning, organising, overseeing/doing and reviewing. Work is in conjunction with the Children's Centre team, and as a team leader, building strong, professional relationships with my colleagues and staff is essential. A typical day will involve elements of all these things, often changing rapidly from one to the other. I may be phoning another agency to arrange the hosting of a counselling service, looking over the results of our client evaluations or reviewing our services with other managers in order to acknowledge successes and identifies gaps and areas for improvement. Often I will be attending the range of services that we provide, sitting in on a "stay and play" session or an adult numeracy class. My aim is to get a first hand experience of the delivery of services, and also to evaluate the sessions. From these evaluations I can offer immediate feedback to staff, and also consider longer term developments to the service. Feeding in to our reviewing and planning work. The focus of all work is the safety and wellbeing of local children. That may be through long term work to help parents develop parenting skills or supporting children's learning through a range of play opportunities. That is normally through targeted work to support families with problems, either through our team of Family Support workers coordinated by our Multi-Agency case review meetings. If a significant risk of harm to a child is identified, we refer the case to Hackney Children's Social Care.
Pros
Colleagues with a huge range of expertise - genuine multi-agency team.
Cons
Managing time and resources is always a challenge - there is always more we could do, but I accept it as part of the territory.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hackney Learning Trust?