Hackney Learning Trust

Hackney Learning Trust Employee Reviews in London

London6 reviews
A collaborative team with innovative leadership which encouraged voluntary input of initiative.
Good knowledge development opportunities.

Commitment to develop equal opportunities based on minority feedback.
Pros
Technical support
Cons
Travel costs given expensive local accommodation
Days were never the same which made my experience with Hackney Learning Trust very intuitive and interesting.
The workplace has a great culture.

Working for a non profit organisation trying to make a difference daily to improve the education of students in Hackney was a purpose invaluable
I met awesome people who helped me gain more expertise in the field of Sen .
I have been delivering ASD training to parents and staffs.

I have been working in 10 schools in Hackney delivering the best strategies and recommendations to help special need students.
My time is split between planning, organising, overseeing/doing and reviewing. Work is in conjunction with the Children's Centre team, and as a team leader, building strong, professional relationships with my colleagues and staff is essential.

A typical day will involve elements of all these things, often changing rapidly from one to the other. I may be phoning another agency to arrange the hosting of a counselling service, looking over the results of our client evaluations or reviewing our services with other managers in order to acknowledge successes and identifies gaps and areas for improvement.

Often I will be attending the range of services that we provide, sitting in on a "stay and play" session or an adult numeracy class. My aim is to get a first hand experience of the delivery of services, and also to evaluate the sessions. From these evaluations I can offer immediate feedback to staff, and also consider longer term developments to the service. Feeding in to our reviewing and planning work.

The focus of all work is the safety and wellbeing of local children. That may be through long term work to help parents develop parenting skills or supporting children's learning through a range of play opportunities. That is normally through targeted work to support families with problems, either through our team of Family Support workers coordinated by our Multi-Agency case review meetings. If a significant risk of harm to a child is identified, we refer the case to Hackney Children's Social Care.
Pros
Colleagues with a huge range of expertise - genuine multi-agency team.
Cons
Managing time and resources is always a challenge - there is always more we could do, but I accept it as part of the territory.
My experience has been 'a fun place to work' until a biased manager took over and makes life of people she does not like visible unbearable
Pros
Very fulfilling role
Cons
Wrong manager and dynamic changed
Hackney Learning Trust is a very nice place to work. All staff are both helpful and do not look down on your position.

The hardest part of my job was to learn which department each staff member worked in, in order to sign post clients and professionals, to them. There must be 300/400 members of staff in the building! Having an address book was very helpful,plus all staff rally together to help one another!

The most enjoyable part of my job was reception work. Customer satisfaction. Being an apprentice, I have to unfortunately leave as my time came to an end.