Hackney Learning Trust Employee Reviews

Work Experience
Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hackney, Greater London21 May 2018
I was responsible for keeping all social media sites up to date by being introduced to a programme called ‘HootSuite’, it allowed me to schedule Tweets, Facebook and LinkedIn posts weeks before hand and at particular times. I scheduled two months worth of posts promoting Hackney Learning Trusts products and services. I was also responsible for producing the weekly newspaper and making sure it was sent and printed out on time. Tasks for this included finding local news about the area e.g any upcoming events in Hackney. Any news or updates for crime in the area, spreading awareness for staff and residents. Finally the most important, was news in the education field (again) local and national. I also designed and produced a number of leaflets promoting HLT services, making sure they followed the brand ethos appropriately. One of the most time consuming responsibilities I was given was to write a number of email templates and send them out to a database of certain schools. These emails consisted of setting up specific emails for individual products Hackney Learning Trust offer, each email would be personalised to fit the individual school the company they were targeting. This was crucial to build a connection with the potential consumer, the idea that they are not just another school the company would like to work with, but rather all schools are different so will require different services. I also set up a number of meetings for the HR/PR team, some confidential such as DBS checks within schools are others to organise events and meetings by getting in touch with promoting our  more... services to several head teachers. My two weeks in the marketing and communication/ public relations department was fast paced insightful.  less
Great workplace where i learned a lot
DATA FINANCE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Hackney, Greater London17 January 2018
During my time i had an amazing experience here. They pushed me to reach my limits and paid for my studying towards my professional accounting qualification. All the staff are friendly and very easy going
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no cons
productive exciting fun
Passanger Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hacjney8 September 2017
Enjoy working with children from different ethnic backgrounds, each day differs from the previous day, interaction with the children is great, the office staff are very approachable.

The most enjoyable is working with the children that we pick up from home to school and from school to home.

Interaction with the parents who inform us of any concerns they may have about their child and what to look out for along with information provided that we should be aware off.
A great place to work
Asd specialist teacher (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 February 2017
I met awesome people who helped me gain more expertise in the field of Sen .
I have been delivering ASD training to parents and staffs.
I have been working in 10 schools in Hackney delivering the best strategies and recommendations to help special need students.
Professional and expert team, with clear focus on children's wellbeing
Extended Services Manager (Current Employee) –  London20 February 2015
My time is split between planning, organising, overseeing/doing and reviewing. Work is in conjunction with the Children's Centre team, and as a team leader, building strong, professional relationships with my colleagues and staff is essential.

A typical day will involve elements of all these things, often changing rapidly from one to the other. I may be phoning another agency to arrange the hosting of a counselling service, looking over the results of our client evaluations or reviewing our services with other managers in order to acknowledge successes and identifies gaps and areas for improvement.

Often I will be attending the range of services that we provide, sitting in on a "stay and play" session or an adult numeracy class. My aim is to get a first hand experience of the delivery of services, and also to evaluate the sessions. From these evaluations I can offer immediate feedback to staff, and also consider longer term developments to the service. Feeding in to our reviewing and planning work.

The focus of all work is the safety and wellbeing of local children. That may be through long term work to help parents develop parenting skills or supporting children's learning through a range of play opportunities. That is normally through targeted work to support families with problems, either through our team of Family Support workers coordinated by our Multi-Agency case review meetings. If a significant risk of harm to a child is identified, we refer the case to Hackney Children's Social Care.
Pros
Colleagues with a huge range of expertise - genuine multi-agency team.
Cons
Managing time and resources is always a challenge - there is always more we could do, but I accept it as part of the territory.
interesting place to ork
Deputy Head of Service (Current Employee) –  London, ENG20 February 2015
My experience has been 'a fun place to work' until a biased manager took over and makes life of people she does not like visible unbearable
Pros
Very fulfilling role
Cons
Wrong manager and dynamic changed
Great place to work. Wonderful staff.
Receptionist/Administrator Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Hackney, London20 November 2014
Hackney Learning Trust is a very nice place to work. All staff are both helpful and do not look down on your position.

The hardest part of my job was to learn which department each staff member worked in, in order to sign post clients and professionals, to them. There must be 300/400 members of staff in the building! Having an address book was very helpful,plus all staff rally together to help one another!

The most enjoyable part of my job was reception work. Customer satisfaction. Being an apprentice, I have to unfortunately leave as my time came to an end.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hackney Learning Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5