Hackney Council Employee Reviews

Area Manager (Former Employee) –  London7 January 2019
As Area Manager of the markets team I was responsible for the maintaining and growing of the markets sector within Hackney.

It was a multifaceted role and very challenging.
Pros
no one day the same
I loved my job and enjoyed working with Hackney Council
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 December 2018
The staff really work hard. I did not like the blame culture. Career development was not high up on their agenda.
A very customer focused.
A lot of task related training.
High quality customer service
good
Traffic Warden (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 November 2018
My role involved enforcing the 1991 road traffic act, maintaining daily reports on (p.c.n) penalty charge notices issued. Producing reports on defective equipment and street furniture
Rewarding but hard work
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 November 2018
As with all social and health care settings, it is of a very complex and challenging nature, where a typical day offering something different.
I have learnt and developed my social care skills, particularly in regards to risk assessments, care planning and intervention and the importance of being confidentiality and professionalism.
In- house training is provided to all employees which aid in job development. I also managed to study two degrees whilst working night duty and day duty for one year, which was a challenge in itself.
I believe that the hardest part of the job is that there is never enough hours in the day, despite how well you plan or prioritise your work. You have to be ready for anything!
The most enjoyable part of the job is when a service user says a thank you or you notice an improvement in their health and well-being.
Pros
Can walk to work
Cons
I work unsocial hours
Finance department (Former Employee) –  Hackney, Greater London3 October 2018
It gave me the experience on how managing money works. It also taught me the responsibilities one has to take while in this position. I also gained skills such as using microsoft excel.
hackney council
Operative (Current Employee) –  London1 October 2018
- Very fun with college or resident
- I learn everything included new experience
- The management be come ease for me and helpful
- We have different ethnicity from different place
- work under rain and cold
- Groups of work and training section
Pros
any
Cons
up to 8 hour
productive and very busy
Repairs Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 September 2018
A typical day at work in the call centre would be to start off by signing in to my computer and logging in to the system then checking emails to see if there is any major communal news or any emergencies that need to be attended to. Whilst checking emails I would also then turn my call phone on so tenants and leaseholders can get through to the council. When taking calls the main thing is to start off by going through the security questions and getting the tenants or leaseholders information up on the screen. After getting the information from the tenants I can then help them with their query and help resolve it.

Taking calls from different types of tenants allowed me to learn how to deal with angry tenants and how to maintain my calm when dealing with them. I think this was also one of the hardest parts of the job as I always had to stay in a professional manner and maintain calm even when there was an angry tenant on the other end of the phone.

One of the most enjoyable things about this job was working alongside my colleagues and managers who were very helpful when I was dealing with issues that I did find hard. My managers were always there helping me and making me feel like I was part of the team.
Pros
15minutes tea break, then 1 hour lunch and then another 15 minutes tes break
Cons
log in time is the time when you start your shift
Great council with great team members
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hackney, Greater London7 September 2018
Great council with great team members
My daily routines include:

Provision of information to support the completion of the business case to justify the recommendations highlighting potential savings and cost benefits, ensuring that the project meets its objectives and is delivered to budget and on time.
Poor
Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  HSC13 July 2018
Poor leadership, very low moral, poorly paid to similar roles in other London boroughs. No opportunity for advancement.

You are sent out without direction in the vain hope that you may find something.

There are 4 teams who are completely disjointed.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London16 April 2018
When I Worked for the council I learned how to respect people and preserve their dignity. Overall I think the management are very fair
I think the hardest part of the job is filling out the incident and accident report.
Pros
salary
Cons
Split hours
Productive.
Project Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hackney, Greater London6 April 2018
Hackney is a great place to work. I have learnt a lot and have been blessed to work closely with an amazing senior management team, who have provided me with the skills and exposure I need to pursue a career as a personal assistant.
Pros
Team events
Cons
n/a
interesting
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  London11 March 2018
After opening the library, there was shelving to do from the day before. Taking in and giving out books to customers, and helping them find what they were looking for. Updating the filing card system for new and obsolete books. Organising activities for the children's library and taking part in those events.
Supportive and Inspiring
Intervention Officer (Current Employee) –  London14 January 2018
At Hackney Council they apply high quality working practices and procedures. Fantastic projects for the community. The management team is very supportive and warm
Productive workplace with good co workers
Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  North London, Greater London6 December 2017
A typical day working for Hackney Council usually involved in me answering the phone line to aid other members of Hackney Council, allowing me to gain customer service skills and problem solving skills
Pros
Use of software such as Microsoft Office
Cons
Lack of freedom
Insightful and good experience.
Postal Worker (Former Employee) –  Hackney, Greater London12 November 2017
I worked at the postal sector of Hackney Council as work experience when I was in year 11. The work experience lasted a week and i learnt a range of skill such as: sending emails, using spreadsheets, sorting out mail, doing outdoor delieveries and also communication with my peers. Overall, I had a great work experience as I met different people from different sectors and even though postal services is not my future ambition, I had a lot of insight towards working life. Hackney Council also recommended I go back and said I “was the best work experience student they have had so far” and awarded me with a certificate.
Pros
Fairly regular hours, great work experience.
Cons
Lunches not paid for
good workplace, lots of training
Contact Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hackney, Greater London10 November 2017
I worked for Hackney Council for less than a years and it was a very positive experience. I was given a warm welcome and always got on very well with my colleagues
This Council has very flexible working hours and very nice atmosphere to work in
Pros
possibility to progress
Cons
Positive workplace with room to grow
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 October 2017
I worked for Hackney Council for two years and it was a very positive experience. I was given a warm welcome and always got on very well with my colleagues.
Good
Plumbers Mate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 October 2017
Worked here for a short time but I really like to learn a lot and really enjoyed myself it was the first time I have a really learn the meaning of hard work, and fell in love with a fast paced environment and job culture
Top place to work
Painter and Decorator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 September 2017
Grate place to work. Good for personal development, and feeling part of a team, also having to ability to help the community I have grown up in, and still live in!
Did not like my time here at all
Professional (Former Employee) –  Hackney, Greater London23 August 2017
A cold and aloof environment. With no room for advancement, unless you are in with the right people.

Senior management think that they are better than anyone else and the respect element is severely lacking.
Pros
Cons
Lots