HSBC Employee Reviews

Manifests a misogynistic culture
Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London16 January 2018
It's fair to say the experience at HSBC very much depends on the department you work in, however Canary Wharf manifests a debilitating, misogynistic culture. Unfortunately the company does not practise what it preaches and despite having head quarters within the most multi culturally and ethnically diverse places, the work place certainly does not represent this. Disappointing as women are encouraged to pursue admin roles, very few women hold senior managerial or indeed managerial roles.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Under represented workplace
no comments
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London16 January 2018
no comments. I prefer not to say. Building trust is needed before any questions are asked. May answer your questions in the near future. For now no comments.
productive but stressful in branches
Business Specialist/ Portfolio analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 January 2018
my role in HSBC as a business specialist involves working with customers, dealing with a big amount of admin work and reaching targets. I have noticed that my colleagues in general struggle to meet the set targets and they often get stressed due to the workload we are supposed to finish in a set amount of hours. The salaries are lower then average for a bank, however, there is a friendly environment in the branches with a lot of young people who work there.
Good money and benefits
Head Office Branch Liaison (Former Employee) –  Scotland14 January 2018
enjoyed the job most days. there are areas you can move to in order to find whats best suited to you. learned about banking and complaints procedures etc
atmosphere was good most days
Very stable if you like sales
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  London10 January 2018
Changed a lot in the many years I was there. Customer Service became a thing of the past and I didn't like the pressure put on you to sell.

Made a lot of friends and the social life was brilliant.
Very Good Employer
Loans Administrator (Former Employee) –  Canary wharf, London8 January 2018
Professional environment, talented individuals always willing to go the extra mile to complete the job at hand and help others, very good work ethics.

Training given for the role and opportunities always arising and staff encouraged to seek employment within different areas of the bank.
good
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central6 January 2018
At work we were on the phones taking inbound calls as part of a safeguarding process from a customers around the world, all with different queries and problems.
Pros
work hours
Cons
Originally a great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London3 January 2018
Was a great place to work, started in 1979 for Midland Bank, based in Card Services area in Southend on Sea. Worked in all head office departments.

Moved to Canary Wharf in 2012 when HSBC were relocating to Birmingham. Here I looked after the Terms & Conditions for all HSBC, first direct and Marks & Spencers creent and savings account customers.
Pros
great team of people
Cons
distance and volume of work
High expectation on delivery, trusted and allowed to get on with the role with minimal supervision.
Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 January 2018
I worked for HSBC for 32 years, during this time I saw it grow from a mainly Asian focused operation into one of the world's leading and most respected global organisations.
wonderful place to earn
Loan processor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 January 2018
The bonus structure was exquisite, it gave everyone the opportunity to earn as much as they wanted, without being subjected to a cap. The people were nice, and I would certainly recommend you work here.
Institutional
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 January 2018
Staff viewed as a cost to be reduced when possible, especially in the annual review process, The working environment is good for work life balance. and gives opportunity to undertake community based activities,
Good Working Environment
Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester22 December 2017
Good working environment
Good Wage & commission plan
Balanced work life & personal life
Meet & interact with new people
All in all an enjoyable place to work
Pros
Good commission plan
fun, fast paced, learning experience, well managed
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London20 December 2017
Meeting and Greeting HSBC's customers and helping them with any issues they may be experiencing on our tablets, or re directing them to the waiting area so that they can seek assistance from a CSO.

Constantly learning new skills to deal with our customers needs.
Keeping up to date with all the new products and helping to recommend these products to our customers to make banking easier for them

HSBC is all about the customer experience and because of that it was always a happy, easy going environment to work in, managers were always on hand to help and answer any questions we may have and to also help provide assistance if it was ever needed.
Pros
someone is always on hand to help.
Cons
not always having enough tablets to be able to help customers.
great place to work
universal banker (Current Employee) –  City of London, Greater London18 December 2017
A typical day at work would be helping customers meet their needs and expectations, giving great customer satisfaction, delivering excellent customer service
Professional
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  UK18 December 2017
Professional organisation with multiple international opportunities. Chance to progress within roles in retail, commercial or HO locations.
Competitive salary.
Changing
Mortgage and Protection Manager (Current Employee) –  East Midlands17 December 2017
The company is closing or has already closed local branches
Customer service has got much worse I’m no longer proud to work for the company
The branches that are still open are running on hardly any staff and are struggling to cope with the customers in the branches, often turning customers away
Pros
Local and a good team to work with
Cons
The branches are so short staffed and unable to provide the service that we want to provide
Amazing Company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton16 December 2017
HSBC is a fantastic company and customer driven bank I thoroughly enjoyed being part of the massive team, everyday is a new learning day and there's always room for improvement and a chance to climb the ladder, unfortunately due to not being able I find a shift pattern to fit around family life as a new mum I had to resign from my position.
Pros
Fair chance for promotion
Cons
Difficult work patterns
judgmental and carless place to work.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Whitehaven16 December 2017
As a new member of staff you are there to make cups of tea and clean everyones cups at the end of the day, very little job satisfaction and very degrading place to work in the Whitehaven branch.
Good bank to work with
Director (Current Employee) –  London15 December 2017
The bank has significant competitive advantage with with its global footprint, strong branding and rating. It's a good bank to work with strong growth potential
Good company
Associate Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sheffield15 December 2017
Good company to work for. Great career capabilities. Fair pay structure. Great potential for dealing with colleagues based globally. Currently undergoing a restructure.
Pros
Free Coffee and opportunity to work with a variety of people
Cons
Workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.