HSBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,071 reviews matching the search See all 10,618 reviews
A productive and pleasant environment
OKYC Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Croydon11 November 2018
A productive and pleasant environment. A typical day at work is based around the number of typical cases allocated to an individual and time it takes to execute which will depend on the complexity of the case and the risk level. Each day is not the same.
Premier Centre Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Colchester, Essex8 November 2018
Great satisfaction in helping and assisting customers either with enquiries, problems or enhancing their banking needs. Building relationships and getting to know people from all walks of life makes the role I have very enjoyable.

Team participation has it's own rewards, with support on hand when needed, all working for the same goals, encouraging each other.

Pressure can be great as customers place their trust in the staff and bank to look after them and their assets.
Working hard to change the culture
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Home Based7 November 2018
HSBC are working really hard to change the culture within the Banking organisation - It will take time to get there however I do believe they have the tenacity to deliver for both their customers and colleagues
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Still some fears around management so people don't always speak their mind
day at work
Team Assisstant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 November 2018
Grade driven.
non challenging
just a lot of admin
management to focused on own job rather than developing the team
People can be rude
being taken advantage of.
The home working flexibility is good
A good place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  London4 November 2018
HSBC is a good place to work. Can be a people orientated workplace where you can progress your career (in the right department).
Work hours can be flexible in terms of working from home.
I learned people management skills, communication skills, stakeholder management skills.
The culture does tend to promote a 'live to work' mentality, particularly for Senior Management.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Some Senior management are not people orientated
Hsbc
Business Telephone Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Swansea4 November 2018
Fast paced environment with a great work force end good management. The job role is demanding and is made more challenging due to the systems in place which would benefit from being upgraded
Pros
stable
Cons
working hours
best place to work in
Typist (Current Employee) –  Balochistan3 November 2018
i had a great job experience in thia company. bt due to some circumstances, i left the job. the manager was great. people were quite friendly, and bascially i loved the principles!
Pros
bonus
Cons
non
great work ethic
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Coventry2 November 2018
i enjoyed working here, offered me l alot of opportunities and i was all to develop a lot of skills and competences of which has enabled m to develop in the future
People focused and a great place to work
Premier Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey, Jersey31 October 2018
I had a wonderful team that I worked in, everyone helped and supported each other.
The management was great too,. I always felt like I could raise issues freely and openly. The company has great values and behaviours to live by.
I improved my communication skills tremendously. I also worked a lot on my time management skills, which was pushed to the limits.
There was a heavy work load, and it was a lot sometimes, but working together in the team helped me a lot.
I loved the people I worked with and also my customers I dealt with, they were wonderful.
Pros
great benefits & wonderful people
Cons
a large work load
Hsbc
Business Relationship Manager Slough (Former Employee) –  Slough29 October 2018
Excellent company to work for .
Good Career progression
Good Rewards structure
very good training provided.
management very helpful
Good Staff moral in the commercial centre
Pros
great company
Cons
If you are ill they put you on the scrapheap
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton contact centre27 October 2018
I worked in Hamilton for 8 years. Several years ago I was off with Anxiety, had no help to get back to work except if I dont come back I'll lose my job. Because of this my Department manager put a stop to progression over the following 3 years.

If you want to know if your off at Christmas you'll find out about 3 weeks before.

If you make a mistake you don't get any coaching just into trouble. Although if your a manager you can have several cases of Bullying brought against you and it's brushed over.

Do their best to screw your bonus.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Poor training and managers.
good place to start career
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Allhallows25 October 2018
good place to start career , started in the call centre and then worked my way to retail branch services.

Good way of learning how to meet and greet clients and deal with them in a professional manner on face to face appointment.
Pros
big brand
Cons
limited promotion
Interesting organisation
Senior Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London24 October 2018
Perfect for people with lot of experience in similar industry and want to bring their expertise to improve efficiency. Since it is one of the biggest banks in UK - it has lot of opportunity to really advance your career significantly. It has lot of exciting new AI, Cloud & ML technological implementation happening within various groups -so the prospects of career progression is high here.
Pros
Work life balance - Management believes in work delivery instead of location
Cons
Allocated Desk is limited and challenging to find one
Flexible environment
HSS Operations Fee Billing (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London17 October 2018
Working at HSBC is a good place to get your career started in finance however being a large company it will take some time to escalate to the upper echelons of the company. I learnt a lot about finance and the finer details of investment banking. In my particular job much of it was very much manual, with the software being reliable but outdated, it was a task that needed efficient speed but careful observation as well, as the job dealt with confidential details. The software I used may have been outdated, however it was still the most proficient and reliable system, with all the newer systems failing to replace it.

The staff in my department were friendly and the humour between each colleague made the connection between us all the more enjoyable.
Pros
A lot of opportunities to study in finance
Cons
Advancing to further echelons will take some time
Challenging work environment
Global Programme Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 October 2018
I was the Global Programme Manager for regulatory reporting. It was a gklobal role and I enjoyed interacting with both onshore and offsore teams. I also enjoyed the travel associated with my role. I also got to learn a lot about different cultures.
Pros
Challenging work
Productive and fun
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf14 October 2018
I spent my work experience with HSBC and I could tell almost immediately that it was a business that valued feedback and was constantly looking towards improvement
Great environment
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  London11 October 2018
Really enjoyed working there, learnt many new skills, which I could apply to many different firms. Enabled me to become resilient and confident. There was also a great rapport between the employees and the boss.
Great!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Global11 October 2018
Never have i worked for a company so large, diverse and yet still feels like a 'family'. Fantastic products, innovative design and amazing people combine to make HSBC a great place to work.
fun workplace
Global banking summer internship (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 October 2018
great internship for those still in university. gives you a good insight into the working environment of a major bank. you are treated with respect and are encourage to participate heavily.
It is not the best paid.
Collections Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 October 2018
Very pressured and regulated and too underpaid. Not worth the hassle. This is specifically the Collections department. Can not talk for rest of the HSBC
Pros
Good job experience
Cons
Wverything else