Here to help
Coronavirus update

HP Employee Reviews

United Kingdom335 reviews
Huge variety of roles and career paths. Support to develop your career and opportunities existed to move to other roles both on client contracts or to an internal role.
llllllllĺllllllllldnkffjrbrvtvtvtvtbtbtbtbtbtbtbtbtbtt

dkrkrbfbfb

djfjrjr
Great work life balance company with interesting assignments, remote working, large learning platform and fair management. The pay and career progress was average.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
HP has a fantastic HP University in which I gained all knowledge and skills necessary for my work and future work. Very few people in HP utilise this facility. HP has fantastic integrated processes and tools aligned with training, Again very few people utilise them. But those projects and organisational units that do use HP processes and tools use them very well, and are top global quality. Unfortunately the majority of projects and organisational units are very mediocre. So culture varies massively
It did me as a job for a while but eventually as there was no pay review minimum wage was what we were working for. The management were pretty decent but you soon ended up doing more work than one person's load and the better you got the higher work load you were given at no bebefit to yourself as there were few opportunities to progress through the company worked here
The company is veryy competitive. During the time that I had work there I had a opportunity to learn many things and I had made manyy friends that I will keep with me for my life.
Great place to work, rewarding roles and lots of opportunity. An employer that cares about it's staff, and motivates/empowers you on a daily basis to be at your best.
Enjoyed working at HP. Good atmosphere.
Allowed me to use many of my skills.

Learned many new skills on server technology suc as HP C7000.

Good culture.

Enjoyed the fast pace of work, always busy and enjoyed meeting work deadlines.
Amazing place to work. Great people and workforce. Loved my time there. Learnt so much from working there. Worked with great people who taught me a lot.
Simply the greatest job I've had. Awesome team and support. Really great management. I was apart of the SW Indigo team. Training is fantastic and continued development of employees is great.
Working with different clients accross globe and different time zones most fun part and cross team learning and sharing knowledge. Learned how to work as a team.
Poor senior management leadership; undermined morale and staff commitment and retention. Rewards were not in alignment with level of responsibility. Trust in management was very low.
The people make the company.

I actually joined a company that HP bought.

The work did not change until business flow caused the company to be split and reformed into another company. I left before that occurred as the new company was obviously aimed at asset adjustment.
IN my last role, please note I left 5 years ago, the company had quarterly redundancies for the last 7 years of my time there. Very disruptive and demotivating. The goals were changing all the time and it was difficult at times to get proper direction from the management.

Positives: remote working options
Only at HP for a short period of time. This was a pleasurable place to work, with a group of pleasant people.

The project was well managed and very specific
Had a very good time working as a HP brand ambassador. The managers were very friendly and I overall really liked the competitive nature of the job.
Pros
Relaxed, competitive
Cons
Repetitive
hp in its day was the place to work we all worked hard and you were loya to the company as they were to you however I ebelieve it is not the company it was when I was employed It was just starting to feed maternity allownce etc that could have been better ref time off etc. I enjyed the llaid back atmosphere however I believe hp is not the comppany it used to be
Pros
donuts on Fridays, beer busts, fair evaluations between employee and manager, good holidays, holiday cottage scheme, xmas parties, good pay rises and shares, xmas break and fexi working time
Cons
not up to date on maternity allowance..
Productive and fun place to work. People are collaborative and always happy to help. Learnt that relationship trumps Knowledge. As with every environment, HP is all about people.
Good place to work, Always people to help if your stuck on something. Every day was a challenge to meet deadlines as you cant control staff being sick etc but was down to me to put measures in place to make sure deadlines were met.
Senior management were totally out of sync with not only staff but customers the strategy of consistent workforce reductions with zero salary increases resulted in a totally demoralised workforce
Company needs to realise without an energised workforce they will not be able to turn it around
I'm a contractor, so this type of review isn't relevant, and in any case the company no longer exists in the same form. I do not wish to take part in this.