HP Employee Reviews

Found 288 reviews matching the search See all 11,680 reviews
It's hp
Infrastructure Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  UK15 June 2019
Like all the huge monoliths, they're very unsure as to their role in a fast moving IT world.
Doesn't help with all the VCs trying to asset strip without caring that investing money would reap more rewards.

I was Customer embedded so (very rarely) had to attend HOs which I found depressing places - more like morgues than workplaces.

The downside being you really get the feeling that you're not valued.
Pros
Big Company with respected brand name.
Cons
No chance of progression from my position. No interest in developing people like me.
pressured fragile environment
Service Delivery Consultant (Former Employee) –  nottinham12 June 2019
I was tupe'd in as part of an outsourcing deal

Difficult to review because of waves of redundancy and commitment to pushing jobs abroad - little or no training and a diminishing pool of colleagues
a company driven by numbers not investment in people
Account Program Lead - Central Government (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 May 2019
as an employee you are simply a number on a page, the culture driven by this company is one of use to exhaustion then abandon. There is no training (other than internal online non certified) or investment in career even for resources with proven ability and continued success. Investment in people is certainly not a goal in this company
Pros
non
Cons
long hours, no pay rise, no bonus, unreasonable expectation of commitment
Good company to work for
Test Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Lytham St. Annes, Lancashire17 May 2019
Good company to work for
Worked long hours but that was my choice as did Mon- thurs so could travel home and be home on a Friday
Good working environment and good work colleagues
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Worked away from home
Organised and fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant, HP (Former Employee) –  Preston20 April 2019
I enjoyed my time working for HP. I was originally employed by an agency and then was given a permanent contract by HP. I started working on inbound calls and later moved to the letter writing team
Very professional and reputable company with many blue- chip clients
Project Manager Expert (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes17 April 2019
HP carried out many high-value projects for companies such as BP and for Government departments such as the Ministry of Justice. They carried through Data centre relocations, infrastructure, network management and IT support operations (for example, at Bank of America in London). The working environment was fairly relaxed and there was freedom to work as one wanted, commensurate with performing the role. It involved a fir amount of travel and out-of-hours working as on most occasions system migration work, for example, could only be performed at night or weekends.
Altogether I enjoyed my time there (10 years).
Pros
relaxed workng, free hot drinks, subsidised staff restaurant
Cons
Lots of late and weekend working
Productive and gained lot of experience and learned new methodologies
Infrastructure PM - Global Data centres (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 March 2019
It was great working with HP. It was very productive gained a lot of experience and learned new methodologies.

HP's change management system is very well designed, I have learned a lot about change management.

Workplace was great my programme manager was great and I enjoyed working under his leadership.
Pros
Work environment was flexible and work from home was allowed, three days a week.
Cons
Salary was quite low as compare to market
Great placement year
EMEA HP Software Marketing Communications (Former Employee) –  Bracknell17 March 2019
Really great university placement year. Provided the opportunity to gain relevant industry experience whilst also offering a great social side from the intern community.
Awful management, no clear direction, no software quality standards
Software developer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge8 March 2019
HP Autonomy - my manager was awful, the company had no clear direction or software quality standards.

Existing software quality was really bad, and people were hypersensitive and offended when I pointed out errors. People were arrogant and refused to listen.
Pros
prestigious name
Cons
idiot managers
Productive and friendly workplace
Project Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire12 February 2019
I found HP to be a lovely place to work. The office environment and culture was very professional but relaxed and the management team were always available if needed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and for. I found every member of the organisation I worked in to be friendly and approachable and the hardest part for me was leaving the team.
Usual IT Workplace
Technical Service Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Peterlee4 February 2019
The ususal, staff are underpaid and overworked with minimum development and reward schemes.
The workload given to chosen individuals is often way too much for one person to handle.
Poor leadership, no loyalty
GLOBAL OPERATIONS PROGRAMME MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire25 January 2019
I'm afraid my experience of HP was that it got worse as time went on...swingeing cuts, little support, weren't able to travel to meet clients, continual pressure to reduce overheads whilst delivering more...not a good place
Pros
Not a great deal
Cons
How long have you got?
good
IT Site Lead (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire24 January 2019
good local management. local manager know what's what. Others just see you as number. This is fine but if you do go the extra mile rewards are not often considered /acknowledged. Depending on the contract you work on determines a lot.
Pros
local manager know whats what
Cons
perhaps lacking some direction at times
I would not recommend working here
Enterprise Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire8 January 2019
In my opinion there are far better organisations to work for that value their staff and treat them in a fair way. Most of the people that I worked with no longer work at HPE and have moved on.
Good Clinical company
Java developer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear30 December 2018
Working for HPE I saw a very well oiled machine working very efficiently. However you do feel a little more like a cog in a machine than a part of a team with friends.
Enjoyable Environment
2nd Line Hardware Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bracknell18 December 2018
Although it's great place to work, I would recommend a higher salaried company as this one tends to give on one hand and take away with the other.

The work is enjoyable but boring, and the people are absolutely fantastic to work with.
Pros
Great coffee machine
Cons
Rotating shifts!
Fun and productive place to work
Print Category Intern (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire17 December 2018
Really enjoyed my placement year at HP, learnt a lot and gained experience in various areas of the business. The workplace culture was very relaxed and made to feel part of a team, not just the intern.
Great company to rep for
Temp/Contract (Former Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre, West Midlands3 December 2018
I worked a temp contract with HP in 2014 and had a fantastic experience. The training provided was top notch, salary was very fair, and recognition from line management was consistently good.
Pros
Good salary, efficient management & high quality products.
Excellent company
Account Services Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire30 November 2018
The job allows great flexibility and work life balance. Due to globalisation and the drive to remote the job has become more challenging but still a good company to work for.

I have enjoyed my time and the ever changing landscape. The best part of HP is that it is a strong ethical company that believes if fair trade and equality within.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
job insecurity due to market trends
Good Place To work
Interim Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lytham St. Annes, Lancashire22 November 2018
Good Place to work.Only there 6 months so cant give anymore information. Everyone friendly and good environment long hours but enjoyable. Management keep you posted with updates
Pros
flexitime
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K