HCA Healthcare UK Employee Reviews

Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 July 2018
Poor management
Poor advancements
Poor training opportunities
There are many difficulties that have been faced over the years but no structure to tackle and face them.
We are excellent to our clients but HCA are appalling toward their staff.
Money is good.
Medical Secretariat & Consultant Liaison Administrator
Med Secretariat/ Consultant Liaison Administrator (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London9 August 2017
In my day to day role I have numerous tasks, such managing the hospitals info box where we get a lot of patient queries, patient referrals which I have to direct to the correct department.

Creating & Managing consultants room licences, agreement and resolve consultants and secretaries IT issues, I also request IT logins for new consultants and secretaries and get them set up so they have everything they require to start their practice.

I also look after the consultants on call Invoices and sent them to the accounts payable department to be processed, and accrue for the on call invoices.

I have learnt a lot within my role, I have been liaising with consultants and have gained a lot of confidence, I have learnt some finance related work and accrue for the on call invoices and have also learnt how to manage time on a very busy day.

Management is very supportive and I feel I'm able to maintain a nice professional relationship with everyone within the management team.

I sometimes find it hard to get hold of consultants when we require them to sign the agreement or room licences, therefore I have been personally going to meet the consultants within the hospital before their clinic start or end their clinic and that is how I managed get hold of most of them.

I feel the most enjoyable part of the role is getting to know various different consultants and being able to help them with any IT issues they are experiencing and being able to use your own initiative.
Pros
Private Medical Insurance
Cons
this is a very large company and doesnt seem tobe able to keep staff for very long as most people leave after 6 months
Night Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire11 July 2016
very rewarding job for the right person but not all is what it seems a lot of false promises and not much in the way of support for the staff once in they dont care