H Samuel Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Retail Assistant
Christmas Staff (Former Employee) –  Arbroath23 May 2019
Employed as seasonal Christmas staff for approximately 6 weeks. Selling jewellery, insurance, gifts dealing with repairs and customers queries. Replenishing stock and general housekeeping.
Good job for the high street
Sales Associate (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex11 July 2017
Great for anyone looking for an extremely customer-focused role. Hardest thing is trying to clinch a sale, a lot of customers just come in to browse and can get a little tetchy if you bother them. Management was just like another member of the team, and everyone was very supportive. Start during a lull if you don't want to get thrown in at the deep end - Valentine's Day and Christmas are some of the busiest times! Breaks in customers give you a chance to tidy things up so it all looks nice again. And, of course, the best part is seeing someone walk out with the perfect purchase.
Very productive, high sales workplace
Sales Associate (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Liverpool3 March 2017
Typically one would have to earn a sales target each day. These targets would require about 30-40 high price items to be sold by each employee. This part of the job forces staff to approach customers and by using different sales techniques to try and get the highest sales as possible.
Pros
Reliable company
Cons
Long hours in warm shop floor with no breaks unless there for over 6 hours
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Hereford1 November 2016
Everyone working at H. Samuel was friendly and helpful. As this job was during the holiday season it did tend to get busy and stressful at times, though I found this was the perfect time to learn more about the job.
Pros
Convenient hours
Fun workplace if you like jewellery
Sales Associate (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  portmsoith12 March 2016
work was slow through the week, dealt with customers, a lot of complaining from customers which can bum you out when there's not a high level of workforce morale.
Learnt about jewellery, although training was sub-par. Learnt more on the job then from training.
Management was friendly. Co-workers were friendly, made a nice environment but lacked morale.
Hardest part of the job was attending to customer complaints with little knowledge or training on the company procedures. the most enjoyable part of the job would be helping couples pick out engagement rings and be apart of their experience.
Pros
discount and reward schemes
Cons
deserve more pay for job
Alright for just Christmas temp work
Sales associate -Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Hull13 September 2015
A pretty good place to work. I was a Christmas temp for a month or so and most staff were really friendly and always helpful and willing to teach you new things. Also met some really nice other Christmas temps too! However some staff couldn't even make the effort to learn names and I personally kept getting referred to as "that little'un" by the manager, which I just thought was really rude and unprofessional, especially from a manager who interviewed me in the first place. Definitely wouldn't like to work there permanently.
The best thing about working there was the 30% discount and the flexibility on working hours.
Oh and we always got our breaks as well so that was good!

Overall, quite a good little place to work over Christmas to earn a bit of extra cash.
Pros
Flexibility on hours
Cons
Rude manager
Good
Shop Assistant ​ (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  salisbury20 August 2015
I really enjoyed working here and would definitely work for them again, the staff were friendly and the job was fast paced (around xmas) I could chose my hours and the flexibility was great.
Productive work environment
Christmas Temporary Staff (Former Employee) –  Southampton15 December 2014
I assisted shoppers with products and services; this required me to build good customer relations and understanding their needs. Also, I had to repair watches and replacing stock on display, and keeping the store and products clean so it is presentable to customers. My job role also required me to work on tills which required me to count the correct money, and working efficiently so customers were not waiting too long.
Challenging But Enjoyable
H.Samuels Christmas Temporary (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ENG3 September 2014
On a daily routine I would strive to achieve targets set by management by trying to successfully meet the customers personal needs. I would handle large and small amounts of money and card transactions. Also keeping the store and stock room was a role in the daily routine so such tasks as sweeping hoovering mopping polishing was a daily must in store and stock room. All sales go through a computer database and all orders for specific needs of the customers. Management was easy to get along with and approachable if any help or support was needed. I really enjoyed all parts of this job.
Pros
monthly bonuses
to be or not to be....
sales Xmas temp (Former Employee) –  Blackburn18 November 2013
I was offered the job after a very lengthy interview for a temporary xmas sales job I.e. 90 min interview, three days after being interviewed. Received a call with the great news, only to be notified later on in the day that they couldn't offer me the job due to my availability, as I am in part time education. So In one day I was hired and then not hired. Very unprofessional of them.