H Samuel Employee Reviews in London

H Samuel is an underachieving company. Wrong stock and not enough staff.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  London7 October 2018
Easily the worst Retail management job that I have ever had. Unreachable targets, way too much tasking for the amount of staff. Low wages. No heating in the shop when it was winter and they still want us to have the door open!!. Avoid H Samuel. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.
Pros
Staff discount across the whole Signet Group.
Cons
Way too much of a heavy work load with not enough staff.
All about satisfying shareholders
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  london28 February 2018
Staff/colleagues where lovely but the higher up management could careless if they tried all haven't squeezing money out of customer and pointless unrealistic outdated training. expected to above and beyond for little pay and rubbish hours.
Pros
Lovely colleagues
Cons
unsupportive higher management
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 June 2017
Great benefits. good working hours. friendly teams. beautiful jewellery. skilled work. professional environment. Overall a good place to work especially as a weekend job.
working in a shop of Jewellery
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 March 2017
H Samuels was great the staff was very friendly and the manager
was lovely each month we all use to go out for a meal.

Working in retail was very overwhelming sometimes but challenging
with customers making the right choice of Jewellery.

But overall it was very good learning about different stones was informative and very detailed.

I loved being a people person helping the customers choose the right
presents and being patients and being able to use my communications skills.
Pros
brought out own lunch
Cons
Pt
Fun work place, good staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ENG20 July 2015
A good entry level role into retail selling nice goods, worked there for two years whilst studying. The pay isn't great and it's a lot of work but I enjoyed it.
Quality products at an affordable rate.
Signet (Current Employee) –  London, ENG3 October 2014
My role within the company is a sales assosiate which means I am responsible for encouraging sales and meeting cliental needs. Daily responsibilities include stock replenishment, finding suitable products for customers such as engagement rings. I have also been given the responsibility to assist the store manager in administration related tasks. This includes, cash control, ensuring repair intakes are booked in and out of the store correctly and efficiently, and also dealing with customer services enquiries/complaints. The most enjoyable aspect of the job role is engaging with customers and assisting them in making one of the most important purchases in their lives.
Cons
6 hours plus additional overtime
Okay job for part time
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  London Stratford Westfield15 July 2014
This was a fun job before. All you needed to do was come and sale. However, now the business has become more serious and now they have targets you HAVE to meet along with other targets. A typical day is going around serving customers who are interested in items, helping them search for a particular item or trying to persuade them to buy one. Sometimes you may serve customers who are interested in engagement rings or wedding bands so you have to step up your game if you want a sale. This job has not only taught me alot on jewelry but also on how to serve customers and give them a great service. My co workers are great to be honest. Many of them are students like me and just have this as a part time job. However, because of the new change of the business, they all want out. They take targets alot more serious and it is alot higher than normal which makes it more difficult. Despite achieving my targets for 5 months in a row the store does have provide us with any benefits like commission as they used. Working in a Westfield store does not help either as my targets are much more higher than other staff in a different store. The managers are like your typical store. You have ones you like and you ones you don't really like.The hardest part of the job is stressing about not hitting target. The best thing is the co workers, they make the job fun.
Pros
Good reputation for working in H.Samuel, Teaches excellent customer service, professional uniform
Cons
Strict, Must hit targets, no commission or bonus for working harder and achieving targets
Job Role
Senior Sales Advisor/ customer service (Former Employee) –  London13 April 2014
• Reaching both store and individual targets to gain commission and bonuses
• Working in prestigious area’s like Oxford Circus, Chelsea king’s road, Westfield Shepherds Bush and Westfield Stratford Olympic village.
• Providing a high level of customer service tailored specifically to every customers’ individual needs and demands.
• First point of contact for any IT queries including till and printer breakdowns.
• Breaking down complex information into simple terms for customers required excellent communication skill.
• Displaying my team working skills by participating in brainstorming sessions to improve service levels.
• Making sure stock was replenished on the shop floor, required observational and planning skills.
• Undertaking daily administration duties such as filing, photocopying, faxing and scanning documents.
• Dealing with client queries over the phone and face to face, meant that interpersonal skills were paramount to the role.
Very productive
Retail assistant (Current Employee) –  Enfield London20 August 2013
A typicsl day at work involves showing commitment to customers engaging and dealing with their needs through the sale of specific products. Use of product knowledge, support the management team, demonstrate attention to detail, achievin g and exceeding targets