Here to help: Coronavirus update

H&M Employee Reviews

United Kingdom872 reviews
Fun, productive, fast-pased
Learned to prioritise workload. Delegate responsibilities. Keep cool and rely on own strengths as well as on the team.
Communicate with colleagues and customers.
Pros
Good pay. Support from managenment.
Fun work place
I have a number of daily accounting, payroll and cash handling routines and processes to follow. I am also responsible for making sure that all staff are aware of store procedures to ensure efficiency by carrying out regular training and follow-ups.
Be yourself Attitude
From day one you felt like you can be yourself " Dress to your personality" is a massive thing for H&M. Even though its very fast paced its also very relaxed from Management and Area teams. From sales advisor through to Area your jobs always overlap, you can find yourself serving on the till to going into a country meeting and presenting ( speaking from my own experiences) Great company to work for and would highly recommend.
Very good company to work with them
Good company
Have a lots of benefits for staff!!!

Very open minded!!!

Very friendly managers ,and store manager

You have a lots of hours to be flexibility and they are fine is you want work eg only 8hours per week!!
Values
they have good values which they try in corporate within the day to day business. the environment is relaxed and comfortable with the help at the end of your fingertips.
Good company to work for.
Unfortunately depot now shut and relocated to Milton Keynes, so unable to give opinion on new premises. Enjoyed working for this company and would have continued to if new location was nearer.
Pros
Staff discount, Hip, various vouchers and discounts with outside companies
Cons
Time sensitive incoming and outgoing deliveries.
Productive, fun place to work.
Good recruitment and training, low pay not worth the hard work. Discounts are good, management can lack managerial skills. Team work is great and great spirit.
Amazing company
I wish all companies are like mine one ,amazing people o lot of benefits and huge support when is needed.Every day we learn new things changing things having opportunities to grow ,progress and people are understandable when u need them to.we are all like one big family .
quiet and pleasant place to work
Nice place to work.I really like working for H&M. it is a nice and quiet place.The way the work was organised was very orderly.All staff worked in an organized manner.Very good place to work.
Team-based workplace, with a busy environment
Working at H&M gave me plenty of customer service experience, as it is a very customer-facing role. The atmosphere amongst coworkers was almost always friendly and pleasant, and there was a definite sense of community amongst staff.
Given the nature of retail, it was often busy and fast-paced, and there was a considerable number of unpleasant customers to deal with, but this can only be expected in a retail role.

The management were generally lovely, very reasonable, friendly, and approachable, however there were a few questionable decisions which came from higher up in the company.

The hardest part of the job was working long hours on my feet, running around the shop, but the most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the team around me (and the discount!).
Great place to work.
A very friendly environment to work .
Working as part of a team ,best colleagues and good management.

Picking accurately with a nice garment care for our stores.
prodictive and god work
management its very good, good please to work, good trening for new people its one team
this is enjoy please to working and is second home

I am happy and happy that I could work in HM

Productive and competitive workplace
H&M is a very nice place to work at. It helped me develop my communication skills and to become a better team player. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing how happy and satisfied the customers are after getting the help they needed or purchasing the wanted items.
productive
first of all is H and M and that.s the security company not H&M. There sites were closing down so they tried to get rid of their employes without any notices
Fun workplace
very team focused. supportive management team. allow you to be flexible with your hours. as a 12 hour contract, it was the perfect job for me. always given tasks with great responsibility. valued as a member of the team
Long day 0 benefit
Long shifts, no set days in every weekend no time off unless it’s necessary carnt choose what shift youd prefer no home life poor pay management lazy and favorite staff members if your not in the crew no intrest showen in you
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poor pay
Good place but not enough hours
Working at H&M has probably been one of my favourite jobs so far. Working in the store I am, I have managed to make some life time friends and it doesn't really feel like a job. Unfortunately they promise you extra hours but then are unable to deliver so you're let down.
Fun place to work safe place
Good management team work very flexible to work all colleagues are helpful request to friends to work there safe place to work. Get proper information
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Get overtime
The hardest I worked in life to climb a ladder just to be unconditionally depressed at the top.
Working at H&M went from being the best job I ever had and the one I worked so hard to be the best at, to the worst imaginable nightmare being made to feel insignificant and worthless at every point of the day. After challenging the management with a HR complaint (And not being the only one to do so about this particular manager), I was discarded like nothing, demoted and transferred. She was promoted the years following. She made every single person in the shop despise the job and made several managers leave or transfer.
Never been so unhappy in my life.

HR never handles my complaint, I was signed off for depression and it never even got acknowledged. Forced from my department manager role back to a sales advisor. She didn't even get as much as a telling off. She manipulated and lied, made me come in my days off to correct mistakes but I wasn't the one who made them. My entire career under her she said "well done nice work" once. Unappreciated for unpaid overtime, hours and hours of it, which wouldn't be so bad if I got paid more than £15800pa. Under previous management before she came to the store it was the best job I ever had. I was made to feel like I was doing great work and making a difference. I WANTED to come in early and spend time in my department and increase my sales. I was given adequate time off the shop floor to do staff rotas and hours, payroll, admin, planning, sales tracking etc. Under the other manager, I had to do this at home, or come in on my days off if it was something needing to be done in store such as inputting staff rotas. Retribution for the
 - more...
Only good for students
I would honestly never recommend a job at H&M Lincoln. If you want to be part time it’s a great job, no responsibilities and you easily float through the day doing nothing. However if you’re full time employed there (there was only 4 or so full time employees) you are expected to do everything.
management was SO poor, didn’t care about you at all only hitting club targets or whether the clothes had been cleared. Most days managers would cry, or staff, and you were expected to run the whole floor a lot of the time by yourself whilst the managers sit in the office “planning. . Having 2 floors and one member of staff on each of them is ridiculous, a lot of stuff would get stolen and you’d always been there at least 30 mins after your shift ended. The job itself is fun, some of the people are fun and I made some good friends, however the managers ruin it completely. They employ students who are never available for overtime so you end up doing the work of about 5 people.
Good place to start out, poor management
Worked for a couple years, it's a good place to start out, good wage for all ages and opportunity to make friends and work hard, any store I worked in was poorly run and anyone that isn't management suffered as a result the management don't care about anyone they're very cliquey