Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust

Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust Management reviews

United Kingdom112 reviews
Nice place to work and gain experience , staff is very friendly and management is supporting you if needed. As a band 5 physiotherapist I felt welcomed and I would recommend to anyone who would like to join this Trust.
Pros
learning new skills
Forced out of roles, alongside others by subjective preferences, poor management, negativitiy, lack of support, lack of teamwork, encouragement, positivity,
Fast paced and productive environment to work in. Management is usually very understanding and the work-life balance is good. Multiple IT systems are used throughout the Trust but you are given proper IT training before using them.
Guys and st thomas is a nice and conducive place to work,the management look after thier staff very well and they provide various courses to staff and training
Having worked here for almost 10 years is testament to how great it is. As with any job there are its frustrating times and management disagreement but these are far and few between. If you get the chance to work here, go for it
Pros
Great place with great people
Opportunities for growth and personal development. A very popular hospital in the UK. Very supportive management.

The workplace culture is excellent.
Busy and overworked
patience with patients and colleagues

insensitive and unappreciative

just ok

More work, less pay

My immediate work colleagues fun.
Pros
NHS travel loan, felxible working hours
Cons
insensitive management and unapreciative too
It was tough working in the area I was in due to the management. I did get bullied by my boss and needed to leave because of this. The hospital itself has great courses and has a great IT team. Loved working with my peers and learnt a lot while working here.
Since you are working with a patients, challenges and changes is always there. This is what make me enjoy this job, the constant challenges that needs to overcome.
Pros
Friendly environment and good management
Cons
It can some time be tiring due to long hours 12 Hours
Management are very supportive and have a lot of knowledge. Lots of opportunities to better yourself and further your career. Very good workplace culture, friendly staff.
There is no such thing as a typical day, some days it's really really busy and the day goes by quickly, other days time crawls by.
My colleagues are amazing and they make working here fun
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Middle management
A big organization to work for with job security.

Micro management style. Target driven and regular update on the state of the company through the various departmental meetings
As a new starter I had new ideas implemented them and sort to improve my workplace, however further efforts were thwarted when management stick their noses into a pie and fail to listen to people with better understanding. ( this is all on the back office side ) I cant speak for clerical.
Pros
Job security good exposure to work
Cons
Great expectations for little return
Brilliant working environment conducive to learning. Very knowledgeable staff. Centre of excellence. You will gain a very wide range of experience. Very approachable management
Pros
Good for advancement
Cons
In this work environment there is a lot of task to be completed on a daily basis which makes the job a very busy and challenging one. I appreciate this place for not only being very productive but there is a strong team effort that is seen carried out in the oneness of the employees working together to achieved the desired goals.The management team is very supportive of all the employee with various help and advised that is needed.
Pros
Yes free lunch and Coffee breaks as needed to stay productive.
Cons
You have to be on call throughout the night.
Lovely place to work. Needs better pay. Nice are and perfectly maintained. Management could be better. Would highly recommend to people to get experience.
GSTT was a a productive place to work as it was mostly always busy. On a typical day the Service Desk would take 600+ calls keeping analysts working throughout the day.

Management was rather good as their was a Manager and 3 Team Leaders; this ensured that work load was organized appropriately.
I felt that even with the large amount of work the culture of the workplace was great.

The hardest part of the job would be to sometimes maintain the Monthly targets due to the amount of workload and calls that the Service Desk receives however I took it as a benefit because something new was always being learnt.
Cool place to work. recent management changes- focus has shifted and the business has shifted towards business rather IT.There is ample opportunity for carrier growth, there is in house training , regular PDR and I: 1 meeting. have enjoyed the managing the junior colleagues and variety in the day today work
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
distance from where i live
A typical day at work can be anything from smooth running to having to reschedule and reappoint clinics, setting up extra clinics, all the time keeping the patients aware and up to date with what is happening.
I have learned alot in regards to the general running of clinics and how to get the best out of those both working with us and alongside us.

Our management team has gone through exstensive changes during my tenure in Guys and St Thomas trust, mostly good, some very so.
We have a relaxed culture at work and in my opinion it has brought out the best in our team, we are able to share ideas and also disagree and know that we will be heard when we voice our opinions.

The hardest part of our job is changing patients appointments at short notice, due to sickness or emergency annual leave, as sometimes they can of been waiting a long period of time for these.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being challenged and actually accomplishing goals that have been set for us. I also enjoy working with computers and deal with alot of our in house problems therefore avoiding undue charges from our IT department. I also enjoy being one of the go to people in the department in the case of any problems arising.
Pros
Good team working atmosphere
Work was varied as a BRM and each day was different. Always trying to work with your management team and balance the customer requirements and deliverables was a challenge.
Pros
Flexible working, Lovely people
Cons
Strategy changed frequently
Busy working environment.
opportunities to progress

management changes on a - 9 month rotation causing disruption
client centered approach
changing enviroment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2