Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  London1 March 2018
All staff are lovely and they make sure you are comfortable with your job and know what you are doing. The hours can be long but you get a lot of days off. You are on your feet a lot.
Cons
Long Hours
A great working environment
Speech and Language Therapist (Locum) (Former Employee) –  Southwark, Greater London7 October 2017
I worked a varied day with a diverse population with different language needs. I learned to time manage effectively which was the hardest part of the job and I worked well as a team which was the most rewarding part.
Summary
Meeting and Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London7 August 2017
Dealing with group requests : number of guests, hotel rooms needed, other request such as food, equipment, decoration, etc. Keep update any group changes.
Demanding but enjoyable
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Education Centre, York Road26 June 2017
Loads of work to do and too little time but very rewarding. Great people to work with and a good culture. Gained significant insights into patient perspectives.
Difficult to start working- very little support
Senior Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London6 June 2017
We have to learn very much unsupported... luckily my matron is fabulous! Immediate senior staff are very standoff and no listening skills
Love some colleagues and some studying opportunities!
Pros
Studying opportunities
Cons
Long shifts; difficulties changing shifts with other same grade nurses
Very good place to work with good reputation
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas's12 April 2017
I work in an acute medical ward, we specialise in acute respiratory disease. I learned how to escalate unwell patients, I can take care of patients with tracheotomy. I am able to cannula every, take bloods.
The hardest part of my job is to lose patients after doing everything possible to save their lives .
The most enjoyable part is to get patients back to their baseline and discharge them home.
Pros
Free training
Enjoyed it
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 April 2017
Only left as I fancied a change. Very busy so expect to have to work hard. Good team environment. Will miss everyone. Expect to have to work late though with little compensation.
fun place and good team to work with
Tobacco Dependence Specialist (Current Employee) –  London4 April 2017
Since work at Lambeth, it has been a huge learning curve for me in terms of designing and delivering training, seeing clients and developing as a autonomous practitioner.

Also had many opportunities for developing in my role as a mentor for primary care staff by visiting them and guiding them in their role as a smoking cessation advisor. The most enjoyable part of my role is helping people change their behaviour and seeing them gain in confidence. Also encouraging them to see the long term benefits of new behaviour change,.
Pros
Being open to learning from others
Cons
Only contributing certain amount towards training
Great Contract
Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London10 February 2017
Leaned many new skills and looking forward to putting them into action moving forward.
Processing a number of applications through to UAT and sign off as well as manual installs and config.
Most challenging part of the job would have been to clear the back log of application in order to get the signed off by the customer.
Most enjoyable part was having banta with my work colleagues.
Pros
New Skills
Cons
will be missing the banta with colleagues.
excellent opportunities to progress
Matron (Current Employee) –  London5 February 2017
amazing place to work especially in oncology
great opportunities all the time to progress in your career
friendly open atmosphere
central London location is fantastic
nhs
Lung cancer Research Sister (Band 6) (Former Employee) –  London24 September 2016
a typical day at work.
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Excellent place to work
Team Lead Clinical Research Nurse (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2016
Excellent and well known hospital trust. I loved working here, and made some good friends, but was just too far for me to continue to commute too
Continued to work hard to reach to target level.
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ENG11 November 2015
Personally to grow and develop/ learn more skills. I enjoyed dealing with NHS patients on daily basis and learnt new skill every day.
Very Busy ENvironment
Housekeeping Assistant (Current Employee) –  ST Thomas' and Guy's Hospital General Wards15 November 2012
I have worked at these hospitals for almost two years now and my interaction with my co-workers and the management as a whole is so marvelous.I have gained a lot of experience such as providing housekeeping functions for patients,visitors and all members of staff.For example,cleaning of wards,both deep and damp moping,hoovering etc,etc.I have had a good knowledge about infection control,colour coding and the knowledge of keeping the confidentiality in the hospital environment.The most enjoyable part fo the job is when I go for my last cup of tea after signing off forthe day.
Pros
cordial relationship with everyone
Cons
not enough working hours