Guarding UK Employee Reviews

Had a great time and support from them
Receptionist/assistant building manager (Former Employee) –  London16 November 2018
Great opportunity, team work and support for employees. Had amazing 2 years.very straight forward. Great hours that were exactly what I needed at that point in time.
rubbish company avoid working for them
Mobile Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London29 September 2018
rubbish company avoid working for them unless you cant find work else where.

terrible managment managers wont back you and throw you under the bus and blame you for everything to cover themself.
Pros
nothing
Cons
from top to botton all terrible
A company out of its depth
prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  prefer not to say9 August 2018
Totally unresponsive managers. My colleagues face intolerable pressures. Insult to injury = zero hours contracts. Extremely slow at providing necessary job requirements. Very keen to ask employees to do more hours.
Pros
Very very few except having colleagues who are approachable and work as a team
Cons
Terrible management plus bad working conditions. Inadequate breaks.
Not the best Company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport4 June 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the client I work with and their staff. The management are hardly ever around / cannot be contacted in times of need.
Pros
3 days off after every 6 worked
Cons
no management. very poor communication. always kept out of the loop.
awful company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Essex15 March 2018
one of the worst companies out there.I had the misfortune to work for them,they are a company that couldn't care less about the client or the employee.Ignorant management and carless admin staff who once overpaid me by £700,that being the only advantage I had from working for this awful and clueless company.
Pros
easy job
Cons
ignorant management, couldnt care less attitude
Terrible management.
Mobile driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham2 February 2018
Worked as a mobile driver in Birmingham. Terrible supervisors and management completely disorganised, was told the pay was £9 an hour but picked up £8 an hour for 6 months. Do not work for guk unless you have no where else to work.
Pros
Went home for 4 hours during work hours
Cons
Disorganised
Good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 October 2017
Good company to work for
Good management
Busy but fulfilling work days
Good colleagues
Good to work with other people
Enjoy customer service
Place their trust in you
Friendly Envrioment
Relief Guard (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 March 2017
Guarding UK are ok to work for but they have lots of sites meaning managers are very busy. Sometimes you dont know if your coming or going. Friendly company and approchable
Several Opportunities
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London17 October 2016
Working for GUK has been very rewarding. I have been able to apply my skills and knowledge and learn many more within a period of a Year. I have experience working in several environments and have worked both night and day shifts. I have enjoyed working within a team as well as taking responsibility to work on my own. I have managed to build positive and rewarding relationships with staff, clients and customers which has made me enjoy work that much more.
Pros
Range of work given
Cons
Need a permanent site
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, ENG28 November 2015
Its a good place to work. Lots of good talented individuals are working in the company. Managing the daily activities professionally.
Pros
work availaible
Cons
Not a Good Pay rate
ok
Security officer, controller (Former Employee) –  enfield20 October 2015
As security control room , it was the job need to work always under pressure. Security in london is very sensitive issue and Guards not turning on time . shortage of standby guards was the serious problem
in managing sites and Guards.
Building Management and Security
Building Manager/Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex25 June 2013
The site based in Chelmsford, Essex consisted of 2 office blocks and 4 small retail outlets.

The assignment involved providing building management and security services to the site. This meant providing a taylored service to meet the Landlord's requirements.

Some duties included; access control, CCTV monitoring, fire alarm testing, reporting maintenance issues, liaising with staff, customers and contractors, implementing new practices for the Landlord, maintaining the Paxton access control systems, attending monthly meetings with the Landlord and their Managing Agents, and so on.
good
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  dudley2 November 2012
Maintaining a high standard of security and visual deterrent to the Moor Shopping Centre Brierley Hill.
Providing local information to customers.
Making sure all 15 shops are safe and maintaining healthy professional relationships with shop tenants.
General maintenance and upkeep of the centre.
I provide a high standard of health and safety for staff and customers to the Moor Centre.
As part of this demanding role I also clean up rubbish, do any light D.I.Y work and always make sure all staff are happy and that all customers feel free to approach me at any time
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
6/7 working days
hard to get a permanent
security officer (Current Employee) –  everywhere around london12 September 2012
I applied for a full time role with more pay. I achieved this until after a month I was asked to do a cover shift in which I did because I wanted more over time. After doing the the shift discoverd that I was taken on as a cover guard and not a fixed amount of hours allowing me to have less hours than my original role for leaving the last company. Now I feel I have been blinded and made a bad decision. Had a word with my employers and I was told the matter will be sorted out soon. Still waiting.
Pros
paid lunch yes
Cons
hard to get a permanent position