GSS Ltd Employee Reviews

Good all around company
All Rounder (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire14 October 2019
Hi there,ive been working with GSS for the last 1.5 years and all i can say is that if u really want to work and grow as a whole,this is the right company for you. Ive been thru good and bad....(like anywhere else) but everytime i shouted.someone was there to listen.
Never had problems with payments and had a really good time here with a wonderful team.So i would recommend this company to anyone that understands that nothing in life is easy...“if it’s easy...it’s boring ".
Best of the agencies
Driver (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire14 October 2019
GSS is a great company to work for.
They do not force you to hire an overpriced van from them and charge you many times for damages that you didn't make. They can give you a loan to hire a van if you don't have the money

Management are good and pay you on time. They don't like to leave you sitting at home and give you more days work than other companies
Possibly the best job I’ve done
Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea11 October 2019
I started working for GSS in November 2017 and haven’t looked back since. Top notch management and very helpful when needed.Be part of a great team a great opportunity.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Sometimes stressful but all jobs are sometimes
Good company to work for
Lead driver/driver (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport11 October 2019
Of all the companies that deliver for Amazon I believe GSSL are the best of them. I have worked for them for a while and have always been treated well and paid on time with no issues. I find the company are upfront and honest I would recommend them as a company to friends and family to work for.
The most amazing job i ever had
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire11 October 2019
Highly recommend GSS Company. Good Company to work for. I use to work with other companies before and they always lied about money and promised me i will get bonus or support payment and never got that money. With GSS i found it fairly pay and i always had the money i worked for.Management always there to help and the team is amazing also. If anyone looking for a great Company join GSS
Recommend!
Business Administrator (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire11 October 2019
Would highly recommend this company!
Working for them almost 2 years and can see just positives.
If you looking job and earn good money for what you do - let us know!
Team
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire11 October 2019
I haven’t been for a long time with this company but by far is the best company I have ever worked for as we are all acting like a big friendly family and not just that, it will give you all the opportunity’s for a successful career in well known busy environment when you’re probably not even thinking to stand a chance.

Thank you GSS for all the opportunity you have given me
Good place to work!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire10 October 2019
Friendly company, payments on time i would highly recommend! Never had any issue, always happy to work for them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Excellent company work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire10 October 2019
I've not long been working for GSS, but since arriving here I can clearly see how much they appreciate every single worker. There is a great family feel to this company and from day 1 they have made me feel welcome. For me this is the best company I've worked for. If you need any help the management are there to help, they are very approachable and will take time in explaining anything you require to know.
Good manager
Yard labourer (Current Employee) –  Gravesend5 October 2019
Great place to work , good team and always helpful.good pay honest team , need to be strong and flexible on days . Work hard ethic . All weather , good company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire20 September 2019
Good place to work, great team, and great opportunity to advance, the payment it is on time, no delays and we recive what they promise to us, for me it is a pleasure to work with them.
Hard work but fair pay and a good company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Banbury20 September 2019
Of all the companies that deliver for Amazon I believe GSSL are up there with the best of them. I have worked for them for a while and have always been treated well and paid on time with no issues. I have found them to be upfront and honest about things. Overall I would recommend them as a company to work with.
A nice company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol19 September 2019
I started with GSS over 5 years ago as a multidrop delivery driver. At first I struggled but they were always very helpful and the team atmosphere was great. Over time I worked my way up to being a manager and have done my best to keep the team spirit alive.

GSS have always been supportive and understanding. They helped me with a van and have been there whenever I have needed them to be. The work culture is great, with WhatsApp groups so everybody can chat and support each other. The work is straight forward but can be demanding at times, however the pay is good so even if you've had a tough day you know you've been paid fairly for it.

All in all the last 5 years with GSS has been a very positive experiance!!
Pros
The team I work with
Cons
Sometimes the work can be demanding, but that's the same with any job
Good company to work with
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bristol19 September 2019
As much work as i want.
Helped me find a van.
Enjoy being out on the road instead of stuck indoors.
Other drivers and management friendly and helpful.
Work hard - earn more
Driver (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire4 September 2019
I’m working for GSSL for last 3 years in Peterborough depot. I watch a lot of people to coming in and out and I can say only one thing, if you are doing your best every day you will have secured job and good money.
Avoid
Courier (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport4 September 2019
Poor management in office. Forever looking for new drivers while telling current staff to volunteer for a day off as a route will be dropped. Claim to be upfront with anything but hides away or ignores you. Expects you to pick up parcels off others if you finish early for no money yet Bristol and other sites pay you. Only good thing is there are 1 or 2 drivers who are tidy but wouldn’t recommend them
Honest days work for good money
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol22 August 2019
I've never had a problem while working with this company. Honest days work for a good days pay. Always extra work if you want to make some extra money. Some days more difficult than others but as long as I'm paid I'm perfectly happy. Managment helped me back on my feet after being made redundant from previous employer.
Pros
Always paid correctly and on time, management that helps
Cons
Can be hard work
Delivery driver GSSL
Driver delivery (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk21 August 2019
Worked for GSSL for nearly 3 years best move I had made great company to work for always concerned for the drivers unlike other delivery companies within amazon, Great management team just a great team to be involved with
Pros
Management listen to driver views
Cons
Not many if one could pay more for fuel
Absolutely rubbish company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire12 August 2019
GSSL are a Rubbish company to work for, You have to work 2 days just to pay your van off then have so many drivers and not enough work, They won't call you into work then expect you to pay for the van.
The van they supply you are rubbish, On induction you get your hopes up but when comes down to the day well what can I say. (Total Bull).
The managers are full of it, also the area manager talks out of his hole, promises you so much. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk, also they got rid of me over stupid stuff just because I had a migraine while at work, they just want you to carry on. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to work at this place. They give you so much drops it's unbelievable,

I feel sorry for anyone that works for GSSL, you have to pay £238 a week for a van. They pay you 18p a mile basically you put more in fuel and not get your money back, Better working for another company like MBL or CGC better pay and vans, They want you to work long hours and have no life, When your struggling and it's getting late they'll have someone to help you put they'll take money off your wage but when you finish early and them drivers are stuck, The managers want to you to go help them and you won't get paid for helping out, they look after the better drivers, they'll call them because thy have they own vans but won't call you in, pure racism, managers and area managers are full of it, You got to be stupid to apply for this company, They say you work 9 hours but really you work more. No time to have lunch, they want you to work, work, work.

P.S DONT WORK FOR GSSL, YOU'LL
  more... SIMPLY BE IN DEBT. YOULL GET PAID MORE AT THE DOLE OFFICE  less
Cons
Long hours and false hopes
Official response from GSS Ltd
13 August 2019

Hello,
I am so sorry to hear you have had this experience with GSSL. I would like to find out more about your issues, especially around any allegations of racism and/or mistreatment. GSSL do not tolerate any form of this and we would like to make sure every claim is handled professionally with the utmost sensitivity.
I am also extremely interested to hear your issues regarding van costs as all of our self employed drivers source, rent and insure their own vans? We also pass on every penny to the drivers for the mileage that we get from our customer.

Please get in touch via our website to discuss this further. You can find the contact page by copying and pasting the below link into your browser

Poor company to work for no back bone
Delivery Expert (Former Employee) –  Newport20 July 2019
Gssltd clients Amazon do not care about the staff & tbh neither do gss ltd .. all scared to upset Amazon when there are issues with volume routing etc as they know they can just throw them out of the depot to be replaced by another company.. very poor conditions support etc
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GSS Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.