Play YouTube video button
GSS Ltd

GSS Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom48 reviews
GSSL are good as a company but managers have so much pressure on them.. paid on time but the invoices are slow. Amazon are a nightmare company who don’t give a flying big one about any delivery driver there is.. you are just a number to amazon. Salary is poor at a flat rate especially if you have to rent a van through them at 220 a week - no fuel is covered as mentioned in the advert - you won't get out on the open road until 12pm and will work until you have done all your deliveries which can take up to 7/8 hours sometimes more.. although this review is mainly pointed at Amazon unfortunately for me it lays to the company that are contracted with them. Oh yeah one last thing amazon always believes the customer regardless
Pros
Hard to think of any - you got a job I suppose
Cons
Poor money, no fuel covered, hard to get bonuses
I was on this company for one job they offer to me after that I have to wait long time , this because managers from Leeds have his guys “lick are who get every easy job, and rest give to someone else”woes management
Did a days work for GSS and I wish I hadn’t. Through the interview the managers were talking badly about staff. Only question asked was if I’d been a delivery driver before (which I hadn’t) and then I was given all the job paperwork to fill in. Had to supply my own high vis and work boots which I was not informed about till I got questioned why I didn’t have them on my training day. Job described as being in Selby. Before the interview I was told it would start in Doncaster but finish in the selby area which I was fine about. Finish my shift n then told I had to drive back to Doncaster to finish my shift. Didn’t get a break or to even use the toilet for 11hours, till I got back home. Still haven’t been paid for my petrol, training or my days pay. Awful company. Do not recommend at all.
Pros
Gets you out the house
Cons
Lies about the job. Poor pay if you can get it. No chance for breaks. No chance to use the bathroom.
Working at GSSL is not a company I would recommend working for you work long hours rent a van off them you get very very little pay I E I mean I worked a full fortnight and did not receive any pay whatsoever you are supposed to be paid once a fortnight I worked a full fortnight I did not receive any pay whatsoever the management will not talk to you about this if you try and ask them they well just try and change the subject and throb you are off with any silly excuse they can they do not give a monkeys to toss about any of their staff avoid this company at all cost
Cons
Not a perfect job. You work until delivery all what you have. Sometimes route longer than 9h, but sometimes you finish after 4-5h work. You take brake- you work longer.
Official response from GSS Ltd
18 March 2020
Hi. All routes are monitored closely and we aim to ensure our drivers are supported sufficiently to complete the deliveries within the set times.
Hi there,ive been working with GSS for the last 1.5 years and all i can say is that if u really want to work and grow as a whole,this is the right company for you. Ive been thru good and bad....(like anywhere else) but everytime i shouted.someone was there to listen.
Never had problems with payments and had a really good time here with a wonderful team.So i would recommend this company to anyone that understands that nothing in life is easy...“if it’s easy...it’s boring ".
GSS is a great company to work for.
They do not force you to hire an overpriced van from them and charge you many times for damages that you didn't make. They can give you a loan to hire a van if you don't have the money

Management are good and pay you on time. They don't like to leave you sitting at home and give you more days work than other companies
I started working for GSS in November 2017 and haven’t looked back since. Top notch management and very helpful when needed.Be part of a great team a great opportunity.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Sometimes stressful but all jobs are sometimes
Of all the companies that deliver for Amazon I believe GSSL are the best of them. I have worked for them for a while and have always been treated well and paid on time with no issues. I find the company are upfront and honest I would recommend them as a company to friends and family to work for.
Highly recommend GSS Company. Good Company to work for. I use to work with other companies before and they always lied about money and promised me i will get bonus or support payment and never got that money. With GSS i found it fairly pay and i always had the money i worked for.Management always there to help and the team is amazing also. If anyone looking for a great Company join GSS
Would highly recommend this company!
Working for them almost 2 years and can see just positives.

If you looking job and earn good money for what you do - let us know!
I haven’t been for a long time with this company but by far is the best company I have ever worked for as we are all acting like a big friendly family and not just that, it will give you all the opportunity’s for a successful career in well known busy environment when you’re probably not even thinking to stand a chance.

Thank you GSS for all the opportunity you have given me
Friendly company, payments on time i would highly recommend! Never had any issue, always happy to work for them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've not long been working for GSS, but since arriving here I can clearly see how much they appreciate every single worker. There is a great family feel to this company and from day 1 they have made me feel welcome. For me this is the best company I've worked for. If you need any help the management are there to help, they are very approachable and will take time in explaining anything you require to know.
Great place to work , good team and always helpful.good pay honest team , need to be strong and flexible on days . Work hard ethic . All weather , good company
Good place to work, great team, and great opportunity to advance, the payment it is on time, no delays and we recive what they promise to us, for me it is a pleasure to work with them.
Of all the companies that deliver for Amazon I believe GSSL are up there with the best of them. I have worked for them for a while and have always been treated well and paid on time with no issues. I have found them to be upfront and honest about things. Overall I would recommend them as a company to work with.
I started with GSS over 5 years ago as a multidrop delivery driver. At first I struggled but they were always very helpful and the team atmosphere was great. Over time I worked my way up to being a manager and have done my best to keep the team spirit alive.

GSS have always been supportive and understanding. They helped me with a van and have been there whenever I have needed them to be. The work culture is great, with WhatsApp groups so everybody can chat and support each other. The work is straight forward but can be demanding at times, however the pay is good so even if you've had a tough day you know you've been paid fairly for it.

All in all the last 5 years with GSS has been a very positive experiance!!
Pros
The team I work with
Cons
Sometimes the work can be demanding, but that's the same with any job
As much work as i want.
Helped me find a van.

Enjoy being out on the road instead of stuck indoors.

Other drivers and management friendly and helpful.
I’m working for GSSL for last 3 years in Peterborough depot. I watch a lot of people to coming in and out and I can say only one thing, if you are doing your best every day you will have secured job and good money.
Poor management in office. Forever looking for new drivers while telling current staff to volunteer for a day off as a route will be dropped. Claim to be upfront with anything but hides away or ignores you. Expects you to pick up parcels off others if you finish early for no money yet Bristol and other sites pay you. Only good thing is there are 1 or 2 drivers who are tidy but wouldn’t recommend them