Grosvenor Employee Reviews

Grosvenor
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 October 2019
I held chef de partie for almost 3yrs in the grosvenor in ashton lane was a great fun friendly place to work. The night life hogmany and xmas event are all amazing and defo worth the experience
great job
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hartlepool, Durham3 October 2019
lovely carm place to work and very good staff to work with and managment where nice to talk to and very helpful about miternaty pay and showing my self how to use there equipment
Horrible staff
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire17 August 2019
Bad working conditions, bullying n back stabbing going on all the time, especially from the supervisor. Very unsocialable hours, mananagement very poor. Never a proper shift pattern in place
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Not paid enough
Work for drones
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Stockton on Tees, Durham23 July 2019
Welcome to heck baby, you'll be working nights either doing sweet nothing or doing every job at the same time because there's not enough staff.

The company is either going under or just plain greedy cos they're firing folk and making everybody do more to make up for it.
Pros
Often easy work if it's not busy. Some nice staff members.
Cons
You're constantly on camera and pulled to review footage of yourself, You have to see your pockets up and submit to random searches, Nobody wants to work there and it shows, The rota is made by throwing darts at a board while blindfolded
Fun
xx (Current Employee) –  Scotland19 July 2019
Great people and lively atmosphere. Good location as well
Not worth it
Landscape Gardener (Current Employee) –  London2 April 2019
I worked in the landscape department for Grosvenor and can say that many of the jobs they make you do are pointless.

My typical workday was generally a mess and never kept to schedule, I learnt very little whilst an apprentice with Grosvenor, it seems that they just give up on you and want to use you as a cheap labourer.

The work team is very clicky and don't allow you in their circle, evryone has little to no motivation to work making the job a miserable atomosphere, to top it off the management try to rule the team with a dictatorial iron fist, and if things aren't going the way they want it, they threaten your job.

The hardest part of the job is actually finding the motivation to work, especially with a team that just has no motivation.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working alone, when you don't have any of the team trying to interfere with your day to day jobs and moan about the management.
Job was not what was described.
Head of Operational Finance (Former Employee) –  Westminster15 January 2019
The job was not as described on the job description. The company had invested in a new financial system before I joined. The financial system could not cope with the volume of transactions Grovenor processed on a daily basis.
Good company
GAMING TEAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sunderland15 December 2018
Work life balance is what you make it, I wouldn't suggest doing this kind of work with a small child or family life.
Typical day at work is nice and relaxed with great team members and customer interaction.
Pros
Team
Cons
Hours
Good working environment
Great company to work for - long term focus and motivated by social as well as financial returns. Staff well looked after and company well managed through recent changes. Real focus on developing staff and good leadership of its people and stewardship of its assets. One drawback is lack of long term opportunities, especially in more specialist roles.
Very boring
Spa team member (Former Employee) –  Wrexham1 October 2017
Lots of standing around and hours at a time doing nothing but walking round in circles, as there is only so many times you can brush up and wipe down.
Pros
Free lunch / dinner.
Cons
Boring days.
Great Place to Work
Finance Department (Current Employee) –  London30 July 2017
It's a lovely atmosphere with corporate values that guide every aspect of business. Can be bureaucratic to get things done. Some leaders are stronger than others. Negotiate salary going in, very difficult to get meaningful payrises after you are in place.
Productive and fun workplace
Weaver (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire7 February 2017
It has been nice place i had good friend we had alot fun in there i had work night shift it was too long hour the problem i had left the jod long journy took 3hours to go and come bach home .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hour
The job
Gaming supervisor (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire10 January 2017
Ok if you like unsociable hours , don't mind dealing with drunk , often abusive customers.
Most customers are great as are most staff ....when you get an abusive , threatening customer, you hope you have a good team around you .
Pros
don't "fit in 👍" . They have a great ideal on how staff (team members) should be treated.
Cons
The only way to get on is to completely ignore their "ideals".
Sometimes fun sometimes boring
Dealer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Southampton23 October 2016
Usually working at night I've learned how to deal most common games in the casino business and how to deliver under pressure.
My co-workers were most of them italian, so it was like a big family, very funny and entertaining.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with idiots or drunk without having the chances to answer them as they deserve.
Stressful and difficult place to work.
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Worcester16 April 2016
The stress and difficulty of working for Grosvenor where I do doesn't come from the company itself, it comes from those we are contracted to. For some reason the managers at the store we clean MAKE reasons to yell at us and think very little of us, never expecting us to get anything done, even though we always do, and in some cases, if a manager doesn't like you, they go out of their way to try and get you fired, by scrutinizing you for things that never mattered before, and that you weren't told about until now.
Pros
Cheerful mood from those in my team
Cons
Not enough hours, low pay, stressful environment
Senior Dealer (Former Employee) –  Dundee17 February 2015
Working as a Croupier for Grosvenor has been a good experience. The main problems working here are the nightshifts which result in a lack of a social life and the management are poor, the general manager wouldn't even know most of the staff if badges were removed.

The other staff are all very nice and their is a good atmosphere within the team, the job itself isn't too difficult but you do get difficult customers often especially drunken ones at the weekends. It's more of a nightclub than a casino but when you get a good game with regular punters it is fine.
Pros
Other staff, free meals
Cons
Some management, abusive customers
primark
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS10 January 2015
how to use machinery,work colleges are fun,hardest part was getting to work
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS11 November 2014
Responsible for managing aspects of inventory management and stock control systems. Daily reporting & analysis of stock and inventory movement, reported to the Area manager on key issues. Duties included planning work and ensuring a contract is delivered on time, delivery of materials ensured projects ran to schedule and to budget. I attended pre-site and on-site meetings with clients. Maintained strict quality, control procedures, visual inspections of work, conducted regular site safety checks. Was responsible for the cleaning staff, including hiring, wages.
Pros
Discounts at the place of work
Poor place of work
Senior Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leeds30 September 2014
Company in turmoil, needed to move on as was not rewarded for the work I did.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No security of work
Fair place to work
Pot washer (Current Employee) –  Leeds20 September 2014
Great place to work with great people. Hours dont fit around my family life but i make it work for my family.