GREGORY

GREGORY Employee Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews
Usually 11 to 12 hour shifts can be boring at times your usually left alone to do it people are ok some just like to moan management are not too bad wages could be better but are probably in line for south west
I loved to work with this company . They regularly gave me work . Pay was very good. Mangement was so smooth and relaxed . I have have only one problem that was 🤫🤫
Worked out of 3 depots, same problem with them all.. No communication between depots. If you want to go in and do as told then you'll be fine, but don't show that you have a brain or try and stand up for
Pros
Be brain dead
Cons
If you're not then you won't go far.
Firstly, the lads u work with here are great, however the management don’t seem to understand the restriction of driving a class 2 vehicle. I spent most my time explaining why I couldn’t get the truck somewhere, and being told do ur best. When eventuality my luck ran out and I hit something it’s all my fault. Even if the office insist I go there. This is a very common feeling amongst all the drivers at this depot. Also being regularly pushed into working through breaks, and very long hours. However, the people there are great and through all the rough days I largely enjoyed my time with fellow drivers, just a shame the office didn’t get on with the physical limitation of a lorry.
Pros
Good people and generally a nice environment
Cons
Long hours, poor management and impossible delivery’s
I originally worked for Hovis directly delivering their bread for them. Frankly, the job was great. It was organized and people stayed on for actual decades in the job (I'm not even exaggerating).

That all changed when Gregorys got the contract and the Kingsmill Contract. They Decided it would be a good idea to merge the two into a location which bay wise is almost half the size. They also decided that they could do all this in three months..

The Routes became longer. The Location became further away. The start times became all over the place. They wont even tell you the start times unless you go out of your way (Results in poor sleep). If you dont do all your drops (there is loads) and take them back because you are litterally running out of working time then they basically become really rude to you and treat you like you havent even been trying. Its frankly very demoralizing

Look, dont work here, even if you are a new driver. Get on an agency instead. At the very least you wont be paid a bad salary but hourly and wont have to put up with the awful rota system.
Pros
Co Workers are good lads (Not management; thats hit and miss)
Cons
Long Hours (repeatedly), Never Ending Multi Drop, Loading Truck, Poor Rota, Bad Start times
Long hours expecting far to much. Having to work through breaks to meet demands. Very very poorly run company. No employee is respected your just a number. Dont fall into the trap here.
Pros
Cons
No outside life. Lots of rule breaking where it suits them
12 hours days + unless your willing to work breaks unachievable delivery slots no family life due to working long hours didn't really care about you just wanted deliveries done was just a number in the firm lasted a month there and have seen this position up every few months so can't keep the drivers

Don't waste your time applying
Pros
Cons
Long hours needed to work breaks to achieve delivery slots
Manager was a lovely lady, that being said the staff completing training are not that great. They have no idea on how to approach staff with development issues and expect after 2 weeks you should be in a position to know the company inside and out. The job itself isnt that bad but the general atmosphere and scare tatics that they throw in your face is nothing more than bullying.My advice is to completely change your training staff with people who have people skills as well as development skills and you may find that there isnt such a high turn over of staff
Pros
None Really
Cons
long hours, bullying, picky CEO, general nasty amostphere
Their guiding principles are not worth the effort, get treated like underdog, management don’t care or care about their drivers.,,,stay clear of this company
Cons
I start my working day dressing windows, cleaning cabinets and preparing the shop for opening. My duties throughout the day include assisting in sales, processing credit cards, window dressing, running errands and taking in/giving out repairs. I enjoy my work as it is very sociable and I am constantly meeting and greeting customers and engaging with people. At the end of the working day I assist in putting all stock away and security exits. This is a small independent company and I have got on very well with all staff members. Some key skills I have learnt in my time at Gregory's are:
1. The importance of time keeping;

2. How to follow instructions and also use my own initiative to complete tasks;

3. Awareness of security regarding stock and staff members;

4. Sales experience and dealing with customers.

For me the hardest part of the job was learning to feel secure handling high value items. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the public.
Pros
free lunches, location
Cons
trvel distance from home
Part time waiting work, usually evenings or daytime on a Sunday. I have learned the ability to deal with fast paced working environment whilst maintaining good customer service. Really fun team to work with, managers and co workers, with quite simple but entertaining work.