Gregory Pennington Employee Reviews

debt management organisation
Personal Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Salford29 March 2018
high turn over of staff is an indication of an organisation lacking staff morale and satisfaction. Extension of probationary periods a regular occurrence!
fun supportive workplace
Payments Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester19 October 2017
loved the job, loved my co workers, great benefits for all staff, only left due to cost of childcare if I returned after having my twins.would love to go back
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
cost of childcare to return
A great workplace... if you fit in
Debt Solutions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pennington30 April 2016
There were many positives about the company, state of the art facilities, excellent pay and benefits and quality people...however, they make it clear from early on that if you arent their cup of tea as a person it wont last, the culture is ultra professional bordering on dictatorial and the learning curve is excessively steep, giving you very little time to grow into your role....however if you do manage to adapt quickly and you give 100% people can succeed here, so I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying it.
Pros
Facilities, advancement (if you adapt), pay & benefits
Cons
steep learning curve (may be shown the door early) & very strict professional atmosphere
Picky!
Senior Personal Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Pennington, ENG1 September 2015
too much pressure and although decent pay they picked you to pieces - expect your calls to be reviewed by all your peers and picked to pieces.

I once got told off for inhaling too loudly on a phone call

and I wore a curved collar not a straight one and was sent home

too much of a cult environment and not enough using your own brain and initiative
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
rota shifts
Productive and fun workplace
New Business Team Advisor/Creditor Liaison Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG21 November 2014
There is no typical day at work. Each day was different depending on the cases you are working on. If you work hard you are rewarded.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Benefits package helps some more than others.
Fun & Supportive workplace
Payment Distributor (Current Employee) –  Salford, ENG10 August 2013
As a payment distributor on a daily basis I get requests to send token payments to creditors, produce proof of payments for creditors, statement of accounts for clients, balance requests for clients and money advisors, action variations, completions and revocations on clients debt arrangement schemes. Every day is different and I really enjoy looking into queries on clients account.
I have learned a lot about excel since working for Gregory Pennington of which I did not know before. I have learnt so many skills like organisation, time keeping, meeting deadlines and a few of these skills I have applied to my life outside of work since becoming a new mum.
The management are very supportive and we have regular one to ones and personal development to make sure they are giving us the support we need and heading in the direction we want to go.
My co-workers are very helpful, very approachable, supportive, fun and we have regular team night outs.
The hardest part of the job sometimes can be the volumes of requests we get but when we have completed all our work and look at how much we have produced with such a small team it feels worth it.
I enjoy the role that I do as it feels good knowing that you are helping someone on a debt management plan knowing that one day they will be debt free with your help.
Pros
team nights out, xmas do's, subsidised cafe
Cons
far to travel, away from my son