Greggs Employee Reviews

Worst workplace ever
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Workington, Cumbria15 February 2018
Just dont do it to yourself. The workplace is small and cramped the managers dont know anything about the job, they have very poor health and safety knowledge.
Great workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow10 February 2018
I loved working for Greggs but I needed more hours I loved all the customers and workmates I cooked all the pasties and sausage rolls I also worked the tills
Pros
Great views
Cons
Not enough hours
Friendly team members but horrible manager
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Barking Station8 February 2018
I worked for greggs for nearly a year but would never work there again. Team members were friendly and helpful. But the manager of my shop was horrible she would constantly be moaning at you at the back or at the front of the shop a customer even complained to me how rude the manager talk to her staff. She made me feel unsafe aswell when one day she put her hand in the oven without putting a oven glove on. The senior sale knew more how to do the managers job then she did.
Pros
friendly team members
Cons
stupid manager
Good hours and friendly staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kendal, Cumbria7 February 2018
Due to my skin condition I could not continue working here as I was unable to use my treatment as often as needed. Hours were good and salary was decent.
Good
Greggs Team Member (Former Employee) –  Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Northumberland6 February 2018
I loved my time at greggs i spent 7 yrs with them only leaving them to have my little boy great team and company to work for throughly enjoyed it. Fantastic
Fun workplace with very good staff
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brighton6 February 2018
Working at Greggs was a very good experience. My usual day consisted of preparing the store for opening and continuous serving and baking throughout the shift. What I learned was how to manage time better in order to complete tasks and serve customers efficiently. Also I improved my skills in working as part of a team and being able to help others. The management was brilliant, they made it easy for me to settle in and helped me in areas I was unsure of. The hardest part of the job was the early starts.The most enjoyable part was working with a great team as well as the staff relationship with regular customers.
FUN n productive place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashby, Lincolnshire5 February 2018
serving cutomers, operating the tills and ensuring shop is clean and tidy. regualr customers and friendly and helpful collegues willng to help when needed
Pros
staff discount
Cons
temporary contract
not the best
Senior Sales Team Member (Current Employee) –  Canterbury5 February 2018
not the best management, no flexibility, unfair scheduling, no benefits, rude staff, no breaks, only one manager in the store so cannot have regular breaks,
Pros
Cons
bad pay
Fast paced and customer focused
Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Falkirk2 February 2018
Started working for Greggs without any food experience whatsoever...training lasted 6weeks ... a bit rushed at times but always manager to ask for further help ...been there nearly 2years now and have settled into position nicely... like the fast paced job ..not for the faint hearted !! Always the chance to go further in the company if u want to
Pros
50% staff discount card
Cons
Early starts and 12hr shifts
Enjoyable and productive job
Team Member - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire2 February 2018
Overall working at Greggs is a straight forward job baking, cleaning, serving and restocking inventory. It is a good job to have while studying at University or at school as they are flexible with their hours and listen to you.
Pros
50% discount and a lot of company benefits
Great colleagues, good culture.
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond upon Thames, Greater London2 February 2018
...but support from Senior Management is minimal, resources not effectively allocated, long time frame to get anything sorted, and all that perfectly good food gone to waste just so that displays and shelves could look full /appealing...
Pros
Discount on food, great colleagues.
Cons
Very poor Senior Management support.
Team member (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon31 January 2018
Always busy, never get bored. good training and team members are fun to work with.
good variety in the job role. It is fast paced and you are on your feet for your whole shift.
Pros
Discounted food great co workers and management
productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bristol29 January 2018
full understanding of food and safety procedures
knowledge of customer service and providing good service
healthy relationships with employees and management
Could be better
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Banbury28 January 2018
Management suck. Long 12 hour shifts are expected. Customers get really annoyed at you if things aren't hot. Its not a hot counter and you have to back little and often which just annoys them. Customers don't have manners.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Long Hours, Rubbish Management
all above i liked my time working with the company
Greggs Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dumbarton25 January 2018
I enjoyed working for the company however it didn't fit around my college hours and I had to leave I am grateful that I had the opportunity to have worked with them.

each day I would serve customers from different ethnicity's different cultures and different backgrounds with a smile on my face

I would also stock check. Take orders. Order stock and keep a very high standard of hygiene
It is a good place to work
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen23 January 2018
Greggs is a good work environment with a lot of opportunities for career growth. The culture was very friendly and helpful and the company is very flexible with hours.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
n/a
productive and enjoabke work place
Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Driffield, East Riding of Yorkshire23 January 2018
I enjoy working at Greggs! the staff are friendly and the management are approachable, Greggs are always striving to provide a high standard of customer service!
Pros
good discount and good rate of pay
Cons
hours always changing
Ambiente amichevole, flessibile, sereno
Team Member (Former Employee) –  sheperd's bush green, London23 January 2018
La mia mansione principale era quella della gestione dell'area cassa, provvedevo a servire i clienti e mi occupavo dell'allestimento del punto vendita. Questo tipo di impiego mi ha aiutato moltissimo ad aprirmi ed approcciarmi meglio alle persone, ad entrare in confidenza con i clienti abituali e a lavorare in un ambiente amichevole e familiare. All'inizio ho incontarto qualche difficoltà con la lingua straniera, ma nel giro di poche settimane,con l'aiuto dei colleghi e grazie alla mia determinazione, sono stata in grado di far fronte a molti dei problemi che si presantavano. Per me è fondamentale svolgere i lavori e le mansioni che mi vengono sottoposti con la più totale serietà, concentrandomi sugli obiettivi prefissati e cercando sempre il modo migliore di superare gli ostacoli che si presentano.
Greedy profit led company
Former team member (Former Employee) –  Cheshire22 January 2018
This company is on the way down. They do not respect lowly team members and too much is expected of you for not enough money. The team I worked with was mostly fantastic bar one certain individual who held managers and area managers to ransom over her hours manipulating them to give her the best shifts. There is little or no training and I personally feel I have wanted a significant number of years working for this greedy profit led company. With the exception of one area manager they all think they are better than you and will not deem themselves fit to talk to team members or take.on board their opinions. Long hours and not enough staff
Pros
The people i worked with
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, no training, no prospects
Alright place to work
Team Member - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire16 January 2018
Its a really great place to work with more than fair advantage but over a time it is quite boring, but if you get past that its different place to work
Pros
Staff discount
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greggs. Our community is ready to answer.