Greggs Employee Reviews

Greggs
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire14 August 2017
I didn't enjoy working at Greggs. The only positive was the latest finish time was 630pm.

The staff all seem disillusioned and tend to be rude, abrupt and bossy.
I worked at a few different stores and all seemed to be the same.
Boring place to work
Weekend Team Member (Former Employee) –  Reading12 August 2017
A typical day at work included me working alone all day. I learned that this job was not for me. The hardest part of the job was putting up with my grumpy supervisor honestly. CONSTANT nagging. You will find people that genuinely enjoy working at Greggs and some that realllly don't.
Pros
50% discount of anything made in the store.
Cons
If there are no customers it will get boring.
Decent place to work but needs improvement
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Balliol park11 August 2017
I have worked at greggsfor 8 years i find it a decent place to work although improvement is needed is certain areas. There is a lack of training in the factory and this needs looked at.
great place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear11 August 2017
On a day to day basis I lead a team of up to 12 people to ensure the smooth running of the unit. I ensure that all company standards and legal policies and procedures are met with the relevant supporting documentation.
It was my first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire9 August 2017
It was okay for a first job but now looking for a fully time job the pay was okay people work with was nice to work with allways hands on never sitting still
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 August 2017
Very much on feet all the time great atmosphere good place to work if management is friendly but overall good place to learn new skills and meet a host of new people
Pros
Free lunches
ok to start out with
Senior Sales (Current Employee) –  Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire8 August 2017
it is a good place to start out your career but there doesn't seem to be any place to move up the ladder with the company. the area manager scares the management team and i think if was run the same as other areas would be so much better for staff by that i mean paid overtime and fair hours.
Basics covered
Designate manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds7 August 2017
From what I remember the company looks after employees, always increases wage above what is required and advancement is encouraged in all staff who work hard.
Pros
advancement and discount
Cons
greasy work
Not a bad company but low salary
Team Member - Full Time (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 August 2017
My experience in greggs so far is not that bad,i don't like the fact that we have to pay for food or drinks could be something included in your shift even though we have discount cards. In my shop managers have been a bit weird and doing whatever they wanted instead of following the rules and being friendly ,so they are making the staff uncomfortable. When i got the job they told me i'll have more hours and i don't work more than 20/30hours at week normally 25 which is very little money. The contract is 20 hours but you can do up to 39 which i've never done. There is no tips or service charge. Is flexible you can say the timetables you can work and stick to that and that's good. I normally now what times i'm working don't vary too much. Is just not enought money and most of the times i'm my shop the other members of the staff are busy doing something while i'm serving customers by myself.
Pros
Is flexible, good for people that don't want long shift
Cons
Not competitive salary, staff, management, not enough hours
Never work for a franchise.
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire6 August 2017
Working at Greggs for a couple of years, have been the most stressful time the management constantly left and fell to shreds. The younger generation were treated terribly most would often leave after a few months. Not a nice place to work.
Cons
The job in whole
good place to wortk
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Inverkeithing and Dalgety Bay6 August 2017
good place to work with lots of everyday things to do and can always keep busy. I can get along with all the staff and the management staff. I can always go to the manager if there is a problem
Overworked and very stressful.
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow5 August 2017
I've worked for Greggs for over 15 year in Glasgow. I use to enjoy going to work however over the last 4 year I feel far more pressure has been put on the staff because of cut backs to staffing. Although I am contracted to work less than 30 hours per week I more often than not have to work more than 35 hours per week and sometimes more than 40 hours per week through no choice of my own.
I also don't find out my shift pattern until the Friday for the following week which leaves very little time to make plans.
As the shop is often left with only 2 people to carry out the daily duties, this means I don't receive a lunch break (at least 30 mins) but instead receive 3x 15 minute breaks for a 8 or 10 hour shift during which time i am often called out to help serve when the shop gets busy.
It is obvious that Greggs as a company no longer value its staff and put profit ahead of staff well-being. You only have to look on various job sites to see how many positions Greggs are trying to fill which I'd imaging are due to staff leaving and after 20 years + of hard work and commitment at Greggs I can honestly say I've had enough and will be looking for other employment.
Pros
Good discount on Greggs products
Cons
Overworked. Hours worked are often over contracted hours. Stressful.
Great 1st Job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire3 August 2017
It was a good job, easy work and okay pay, and really good perks in regards to shares, saving schemes, discounts etc. however, I hardly ever got over time and was not allowed to work more than 5 hours as I was a student so worked 2 jobs as I did enjoy working at Greggs however once my 2nd Job offered more hours I moved. I don't regret it but working only 5 hours a week wasn't practical for me which was a shame
Pros
50% discount
Cons
no overtime
Good placevto work.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham2 August 2017
When fully trained you have a variety of jobs. A break s given every 3 hours . This job is shift based so your dats and times change every week. To work here you need to be able to stand for long periods.
Pros
Break every 3 hours
Cons
On your feet all day
a very productive and fun workplace
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear2 August 2017
The typical day at work while at greggs was serving customers, cooking food, handling money, cleaning up the cafe area, making hot drinks, solving customers issues and enquiries.
I learned many things while I was working here such as self confidence, the correct body posture/language, the correct manner when speaking to customers to make them feel welcome and many more.
The management at greggs was amazing, I couldn't fault it in any kind of way. They always helped me when I needed it and they were always there to listen to any problems I had.
The hardest part was dealing with customers problems and knowing how to deal with them the right way.
I enjoyed the whole time I was working there, I never had a bad day, all my team mates were so nice and made me feel really welcome.
Pros
discount
Cons
really busy work place and night shifts.
good
Team Member (Former Employee) –  blackpool2 August 2017
Was good, the pay is really good the work is not too hard and everything is simple to learn and you get taught everything you need to know so its all very easy to pick up
Bad Management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire31 July 2017
Unfortunately this wasn't the best place in my working career due to management attempting to bully staff. I worked at a new build Greggs which was part of the Eurogarages chain. The business had only been open for 7 months and had a turnover of 4 staff due to treatment by the manager. Wages were very low considering the Job responsibility. However the job itself was good and the customers were lovely.
decent
Greggs Team member (Current Employee) –  Worthing31 July 2017
ive been working at greggs for 3 years now, i believe its a great company to work for, the pay is good and there are always more ours, the management are really understanding and super flexible with the rotas
Pros
50% discount, fun work environment
Cons
early starts
Challenging and fun place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire27 July 2017
Time management is very important when working at greggs, it can be quiet one minute and you will have queues out the door the next.
Its a fun place to work you can meet some interesting people.
Working at greggs requires every person to work well with one another so not only that the day runs smoothly but that tasks can be completed on time.
Pros
Good food
Cons
early mornings
Productive environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff25 July 2017
While working at Greggs I learned to use the ovens. A typical day included serving customers, cash - handling, maintaining an extremely high level of customer service at all times. Stock replenishment and closing the shop were also a responsibility depending on shifts. Due to the shop being in the town centre, the footfall was high and there were continuous tasks to carry out. The hardest part of the job was deciding to leave to undertake my degree at the university.
Pros
Free hot drinks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greggs. Our community is ready to answer.