Greggs Employee Review

good place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cumbria5 March 2018
only been with greggs for 14 weeks so far I am enjoying working for greggs,apart for the early mornings but on the plus side the days do go very quick,because the shops are so busy from when the doors open until the doors are closed,as I said the hardest part is the early mornings,this is very hard when you are not a morning person,also trying to remember all the meal deals greggs offer can be mind blowing and very robot like, hopfully I don't come across as a robot but some days I feel like I am repeating myself to the same people .
Pros
fresh made food weekly pay
Cons
early mornings no set days of so can't plan ahead

Other Greggs Employee Reviews

Tiring and Not worth it
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire6 December 2018
Unless your an early bird this is not your job morning shifts start at 5:30 and close doesn't shut till 7:30. This is not a very rewarding it is soul destroying being honest, i've worked hear for 2 years and could not see my self staying any longer. Management is either with you or against you. Not the best job if you want to go out and live your life.
unorganised
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  East London, Greater London6 December 2018
I used to work at greggs a few weeks ago fair enough the weekly pay was good, but I wasn’t on a fixed contract. It was 16 hours one week then the next 22 without asking permission. My first shift I was treated as if I knew everything already. I was struggling a lot and they didn’t ask if I was alright. My third shift in I was on my own until 6 when the shop closed, I never knew A THING my first time cleaning and I was getting shouted and and my manager clearly didn’t like me. Asking questions to get to know the work place and I was getting looked down on because “they are better than me”. Overall the workplace was brutal, when I started at 6am one time it was my first early start and yet again I didn’t know what to do. And yet again was i getting shouted at. Everywhere is different with managers and how kind people are but greggs will always be greggs.
Pros
Staff Discount, weekly pay.
Cons
Long hours, early starts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greggs. Our community is ready to answer.