Greggs Pay & Benefits reviews

Productive workplace and very ongoing
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Buxton29 October 2018
When i worked at Greggs, I thought that it was a good environment to be around there was always happy customers coming in and if not we always managed to put a smile on their face.
Pros
Half price on the food
Cons
Not enough balance between life and work life
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  North Yorkshire13 October 2018
It was good in some parts it helped get my confidence up a lot, however management was not really the best and very low staffed so had to work way more hours than my contract and that became a problem being a student 3 days of the week, so didn’t get one day off to see friends and wouldn’t let me have a day off to do driving lessons but hey that’s what work is all about right? Early starts such as 7am became a problem for traveling if most transport doesn’t start until around 8am. Pay was really good for what most jobs is for 15-17 year olds now a days. Became quite stressful when it gets really busy but a simple good job in some parts and then not ideal for students in most, such as flexibility
Pros
Pay, 50% discount
Cons
Long hours, no flexibility for students, emergency taxed
Rubbish hours, rubbish company to work for
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sheffield10 October 2018
I worked at Greggs for a few months but I got sack for having a chest infection even with a sick note!! The money was rubbish and the hours wasn't good
Pros
staff discount on food
Cons
Poor management, poor hours and money
average
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicestershire10 October 2018
working a Greggs was fine and ok pay. hours were good for me as a student as I could start early and finish early. the training you receive is good quality
Greggs
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 September 2018
Anybody lower then management gets treated like trash, the shifts can feel long and difficult as you are left to get on alone with no help from the "team".
The pay is good and there are good benefits but these sadly don't make up for how you are treated.
Pros
Discount Card
Cons
Bad Management
Good environment and company
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth17 September 2018
I had great experience whilst working for Greggs, always easy contact with the manager in terms of figuring out salary, days off or personal problems. Never had a bad experience with the workplace.
busy work environment
Greggs Team Member (Former Employee) –  Doncaster9 September 2018
Great company to work for, especial if you're wanting a small job for the weekends or just occassional in the week. Great benefits and pay however due to personal reasons i had to leave
good place to work
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire9 September 2018
I worked there from the age of 17-20 part time while in college then uni, good wage, nice staff but quite a stressful Job as I worked in a busy shop and there is a lot to do and a lot is expected of you, its not hard, theres quite a bit of stuff to remember but you pick it up quickly. a typical day at work consists of baking the products, putting them out, putting together multipacks, cooking the breakfast range, making drinks, cleaning making sandwiches serving customers etc.
Pros
free hot drinks on you breaks, good wage, 50% off, good holiday benefits
Cons
long hours, busy, very hot in the summer near the ovens
Busy but rewarding.
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vale of Glamorgan3 September 2018
Often unsociable hours, early mornings and late evenings, a very busy environment to work within lots of different jobs to do but plenty of training given to carry out these tasks and also plenty of refresher training courses along the way. Work as part of a team where everybody helps each other.
Pros
Half price discount on products, and also a yearly profit share.
Cons
Unsocialble hours and the heat from the ovens in the warmer months.
Typical retail like job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Guildford2 September 2018
It was hard work like many other retail like jobs. The pay was reasonable, and their were benefits that were offered as well. The management were always fair with their expectations of what the staff could achieve each day, and made the days more enjoyable.
fun workplace
Team member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 September 2018
Nice job for students, easy to learn and workable hours.
I learnt a lot about costumers and how to handle difficult situations in an appropriate manner.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
30 break
Avoid unless desperate
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London31 August 2018
Quite a nice working environment. Good company systems and friendly customers. The pay rates are terrible for all grades and the amount of work required to be completed in the time available is impossible. As a manager expect to start at 5am and finish at 7.30pm with minimal break on a regular basis despite what they may tell you at interview.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Hours and workload
Not a very good job
Team member (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire31 August 2018
too stressfull and long hours. although the pay and the benefits were pretty good. the job isnt really worth it. also very early hours in the morning.
Hard work, struggle for a social life
Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk17 August 2018
Not a great place to work, management isn’t good, always short staffed. Long hours, working nearly every weekend. Struggle to have a social life. Have to put your holidays in a year in advance and can’t change them
They really care about their employees.
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlisle12 August 2018
They have a really good selection of support and benefits for their staff to help them deal with any number of issues outside of work. They provide really good pay on bank holidays, to entice you into working them, and your efforts are noticed and rewarded when you do well. Management bend over backwards to enable you to be able to work if you have problems or clashing commitments, such as childcare. I couldn't rate this employer highly enough. I haven't been there long enough to judge job advancement.
Pros
The people I work with
Cons
The short shifts
Well Paid and Flexible
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Three Bridges, West Sussex11 August 2018
Greggs is a great place to work as a young individual as the pay is great for anyone in education and your hours can e very flexible and based around your schedule with very little fuss. The work is fast passed and you are always busy but the work its self is not too challenging which means there is little stress associated with the job. One draw back is that they are often short staffed leading to employees being asked to work more hours or to travel to different shops to cover shifts (although you do not have to agree to doing as such).
Pros
50% food discount, flexible, well paid
Cons
Short staffed
Meh.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Maryport6 August 2018
I worked at Greggs for a few months, I was still slow and getting used to the way business worked. I was always told to speed up and that I wasn't fast enough by staff. I get it, but I also have anxiety. Whenever I was told to go quicker, I'd get anxious. I'd burn myself on machinery, toasters, I even fell over on shift trying to reach for a pastry. You need to be fast paced, and comfortable in busy, stressful environments.
Pros
50% off Greggs products, Salary
Cons
Stressful work environment
A good starter job
Team Member - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands3 August 2018
This is my first part time job, it had learnt me to be a lot more methodical and organised, as well as boosting my team working and independent skills.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Odd shift hours
Better than most retail jobs if in a quiet location
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Swindon28 July 2018
Loved my job here, ended up getting to know quite a few of our regulars to the point of becoming friends. Job's fine pays decently compared to other jobs - with good benefits. Greggs is greggs do might have to be at work early hours in the day, on your feet for the day but with a generous amount of breaks. Hopefully you'll work in a shop with nice people otherwise the grind can get intolerable.
Pros
Good breaks, benefits, 50% off food, paid weekly
Cons
People steal sandwiches all the time
productive and fun workplace
Operative production (Former Employee) –  Penrith, Cumbria28 July 2018
Very good working hours,good earnings and high culture.nice atmosphere.Very good managers.The cleanliness and hygiene of this place is an authority.
Pros
paid break
Cons
there are no minuses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greggs. Our community is ready to answer.