Greggs Employee Reviews for Maintenance Person

hard work but fun
Trainee Senior Team Member (Current Employee) –  Martlesham, Suffolk10 September 2018
starting at 5am to get the shop prepared and filled ready for opening, I've learnt that working as a team is a must to get the job done. Management has a very hard job especially when let down. Work place culture has a great balance. The hardest part is the amount of bending which isn't good for the back. The most enjoyable part of the job is the colleagues and customer relationship even in such a fast pace environment.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
people who don't turn up or call in sick put a lot of pressure on others
An average retail job.
Team Member weekend (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 September 2018
As with any job, it's the people you work with that make it.
If you get good staff, like I was lucky to get, it's a pleasant business to work with.
And like most businesses, you get some who wish to dominate others and ruin it for everyone.

Customers are hit and miss. Security is nonexistent. Job itself is easy if you're actually trained to do it.

Just an average retail job.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Consistent abuse from customers and sometimes staff
Great and Friendly Place to Work
Weekend Team Member (Former Employee) –  Darwen9 July 2018
A typical day would be quiet, yet steady.
I learned a lot of skills including to maintain professionalism under pressure, food and workplace hygiene, cleaning, money handling and customer first. The management there is great.
The hardest part of the job is handling difficult customers, keeping calm under pressure and multitasking in a fast-paced environment. Some days you would have to stay behind for a while, if the day was busy, to ensure the shop is ready for tomorrows staff.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with other team members, especially if there were any problems or times of need.
Pros
50% Discount Card - 1 Free Coffee Per Break
Cons
Occasional Difficult Customer
Not good
Weekend team member (Former Employee) –  Hanley9 May 2018
greggs has bad management
I have good social skills
I learned that I am good at selling
I am quick at learning
good with till work
good with customers
good team player
Pros
Discount
Cons
bad management
Fast paced working
Senior Team Member (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Glasgow4 November 2017
Friendly environment, fast working. Developed my marketing skills while working there. Management was absent for most of the time i was working there. Strict culture. Hardest part of the job was the waste of unsold food at the end of the day. Employees had a discount on products,
Part Timer's Dream
Weekend Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire21 October 2017
All depends on your management. In my experience over two years as a part time employee while studying it's a simple role and you do what anyone would expect. Basic customer service, cleaning and food handling. Management are key to making it an enjoyable experience.
Pros
Cheaper Food
Cons
Long Hours
Boring place to work
Weekend Team Member (Former Employee) –  Reading12 August 2017
A typical day at work included me working alone all day. I learned that this job was not for me. The hardest part of the job was putting up with my grumpy supervisor honestly. CONSTANT nagging. You will find people that genuinely enjoy working at Greggs and some that realllly don't.
Pros
50% discount of anything made in the store.
Cons
If there are no customers it will get boring.
Weekend Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oldham15 June 2017
This is a good place to work, the staff are very good to speak to and always makes the shift go faster.

The pay is also a good rate, especially for regular team members
Senior Team Member (Current Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire26 May 2017
I have worked at Greggs for almost 2 years and its a lovely place to work. the pay is really good offer many chances to progress I love working here the only downfall is I am on a 16 hour contract and although I always do more its not much more such as 21 hours a week
Pros
Profit Share, Flexibility, Share Scheme, Generous Pay, Friendly Enviroment, Apprenticeship scheme
Cons
Not enougb hours
Very productive, good team to work with, really good salary and benefits
Weekend Team Member (Current Employee) –  Aberystwyth26 April 2017
I have worked here for nearly a year and half, its been a fun experience working there. Really good salary and has brilliant benefit. It has been my first job and have enjoyed being part of the team.
Pros
Salary, Free coffee
Cons
Bad management, changed hours
Fun workplace but unsociable hours
Senior Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol25 February 2017
The teams are great and it is a fun place to work in, although the hours are not the best. One day you could be finishing at 7.30pm, to be in at 5.30am the next day. There are chances to progress in your career.
Busy, Productive Fun place
Weekend Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lichfield9 January 2017
Job roles can be expected to be baking off food on time. making sandwich at an early start so they made on time for customers. Setting up shop on time before open, serving customers etc. You must be diligent in order for everything else to be 100% satisfactory, if one thing isn’t done right, workloads can start to pile up. Following Health Safety Regulations. You have to be very fast paced in order to keep ques down, have patience and understanding to be able to react professionally to unexpected changes and so forth. Flexibility is key for busy times of the year such as Christmas and Events held in which ever city/town you work in.
Pros
50% off Greggs products, free hot drinks on breaks, well set breaks
Cons
Long hours but still get a good pay from it
Senior staff out of touch with hard workers on the floor
Senior Team Member (Current Employee) –  Carlisle12 October 2016
Currently work at Greggs found out my job was advertised on this website whilst I was still in the position. Very hard work and very little gratitude is shown towards the hard working staff in the shop. Area manager cared about no one other than herself, wouldn't even greet half the staff. Hours are all over the place early morning starts and late evening finishes. Of course big bosses don't do those hours.
Pros
Reasonable pay
Cons
Long hours, no gratitude
Tiring, But good
Weekend Team Member (Current Employee) –  Belper29 September 2016
Working at greggs is good. You need a lot of energy, and your on your feet a lot but the atmosphere is nice. Everybody is friendly and the management know what they are doing and how to help everybody do what they need to do. Training is extensive and sometimes more common sense than anything. You will burn yourself a lot. The hardest part of the job is learning, there is a lot to learn; different products, deals and methods used for each line of sales can get confusing but you soon pick it up.
Pros
50% staff discount, good training
Cons
Pro rata hours. Lots to remember
Productive and fun workplace
Weekend Team Member (Current Employee) –  Urmston30 August 2016
Greggs is a lovely and fun place to work. Being apart of the Greggs team feels like being apart of a large family. Everyone is helpful and happy to work there.
Pros
The staff discount and pay
Cons
Hours
enjoyment with customers
Day - Team Member (Current Employee) –  Stockport10 July 2016
i enjoyed working there on every weekend. i learnt how to look after food and provide customer with the up most quality experience with foods at Greggs. by doing this it proved to the manager that i am customer focused by stopping the tasks being performed and turning my attention to the customer.
Temporary Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rutherglen4 July 2016
Great environment, friendly faces, travel is not too bad, get to know regulars, staff are great, place is very clean, would love to have stayed on
Good Place to work as a team member
Senior Team Member (Current Employee) –  Paisley10 March 2016
good salary for basic team members however the step up is not worth the small increase in pay
A lot of paper work for the sake of doing paperwork
Temp. Team member (Former Employee) –  Lichfield, ENG3 November 2015
Greegs is a good place to work it is fast paced and you have a lot to remember when you work there. its is good pay just over minimum wage. you are on your feet all day though.
Not the same company anymore
Senior Team Member (Current Employee) –  Glasgow13 October 2015
I've worked as a Senior Team Member with Greggs for 6 years now in many different shops.

I loved the job when I started as I was part of a great team with fantastic management - turns out this was a one-off, and since I've moved around it's gradually got worse as shop hours have been cut. It's true that it really is a faceless company now.

You work variable hours up and over what you're contracted for (with no say in the matter), and are constantly multi-tasking - I now do work that three staff members would share when I started with the company. You're under high pressure in busy shops ie 2 of you serving, a queue out the door, pasties needing put in the oven and sandwiches needing made up. And good luck asking for days off or holidays because you'll be ruining the manager's day.

Greggs doesn't care about its staff anymore. I'm currently searching for another job due to all the reasons listed above. It's a very hard, physically demanding, stressful job and you won't be well supported.
Pros
discount
Cons
short staff, physically demanding, 12 hour days, management are difficult, little support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greggs. Our community is ready to answer.