Greggs Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City15 January 2018
Nice friendly place to work, excellent staff and customers, very busy and fast paced, various hours to suit all different staff members and needs, management team very helpful
Pros
20% discount
Productive company with many benefits
Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Treforest ED14 January 2018
Good company to work for,as with any food company ,Hygene,Health and safety is high on the list,free CPC Training,health and safety,Hygene,Manual handling courses.
Pros
Share option scheme, PPE provided, free CPC training, 1/2 price in shops
Cons
Hrs can be long.
Not recommended. Very short staffed, minimal on the job training, constant pressure to rush owing to staff shortage.
Bakery Canteen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 January 2018
Staff overworked. Non stop pace of work due to staff shortages. Little time for on the job training, because manager was too busy. Definitely need to employ more staff. Expected a good employer, but disappointed with Gregg's. Shop floor non-managerial staff were lovely, but all are very overworked which caused some to miss breaks.
Pros
Friendly and hard-working non-managerial colleagues
Cons
Overstretched. Hardly time to take a break, let alone go to the toilet
productive
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Woolwich, Greater London11 January 2018
Good fun respected good to pass time treated fairly equally like family all work well together accepted no matter what background never discrimatwd against made to feel proud of what you do
Good place to work, good team to work with
Team member (Current Employee) –  Hinckley, Leicestershire10 January 2018
Always busy, never get bored. good training and team members are fun to work with.
good variety in the job role. It is fast paced and you are on your feet for your whole shift.
Pros
50% discount for staff
Avoid unless you like high stress and no understanding
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire7 January 2018
They have zero understanding or consideration for disability. If you're not ok with super stressful and fast paced environments, avoid. Also one of the b*tchiest places I have worked. Lots of gossip and backstabbing.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Stressful
Pays well, hard graft
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 January 2018
Too many people off sick, stretching people too far. Not a minute to stop, constantly on the go. Quite a lot of abuse from customers, the best part of the job is the team
Pros
Pay is good, discount good
Cons
Long, hard days
Not a good job.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Rosyth3 January 2018
Given that your contract is only 16 hours and they can drop your hours from 39 at any given time, I would seriously not recommend Greggs. I have worked here for a year and the amount of pressure the company puts on you is unrealistic.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
the company
fun
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Falkirk30 December 2017
every day in greggs was a school day,always learning,and always meeting new people,dealing with alsorts of everyday issues,which was a part of the job Ithrived on
Pros
discount
Cons
n/a
Friendy and fast working environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence Weston, Bristol28 December 2017
I absolutely loved working for Greggs I did the entire time I was working there. They're an amazing company to work for had amazing training. Never got abandoned. Hours were perfect. Everyone is always super helpful.
Pros
Amazing Discount
Cons
Breakfast time is insanely stressful
Great Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Colchester27 December 2017
I loved my time here, and regretted leaving. I worked with an amazing team who were so supportive and patient with me as a newbie. The early mornings were made great by such an easy going team. If I had any problems, I knew who I could turn to.

I left this job as I was offered the job I am now currently in. I was sad to leave Greggs, and hated that my time there was short.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
early mornings
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex19 December 2017
As expected greggs isnt for the faint heartened, busy workplace that gets busier during holidays and understaffed at times, management leaves a few things to question
horrid place,
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  England18 December 2017
awful place, was put in as temp manager, no training, long 12 hour shifts, no breaks, staff shortages..area management wouldnt help, onlu care about targets, x..
Pros
50 per cent discount..
Cons
stressful, no help, no breaks
Hard working
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 December 2017
Always something to do your always busy. All management do same jobs as team members plus their extra jobs. No cleaners you clean yourself. My first retail job.
Pros
50-25% discount
Cons
Early starts long hours no sick pay for short smount of time.
Stressful
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gloucestershire10 December 2017
Greggs is no longer a family firm they’re getting too big care about their people. They’re only interested in making money.
Longer and longer working hours. Staff shortages. Pressure to reach targets every day. Very stressful and hard working job. Be prepared to be on your feet 12+ hours a day.
Pros
Profit share. Discount
Cons
Long hours. Tiring. Stressful.
Busy work
Greggs Team Member (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield7 December 2017
Make sure, you know what you are signing up for because it's fast paced, and you rarely can make mistakes. The management has high expectations, and it's hard to make a position for yourself. However, it always depends on which shop you work at.
Pros
The salary
Cons
The management
Fun to work for, but sometimes they expect too much
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 December 2017
It is really nice to work for Greggs, the company itself is great, but there is a few people that aren't so great. I was only working there for a few weeks and I just started to know all things Greggs sell, however the helping manager wasn't really nice and expected me to remember all the sandwiches, pastries and cakes names, when I am only working 4 hours a week and barely been in the shop floor. But there's always going to be people like that. Sometimes you just have to ignore people like that.
Pros
Free tea/coffee on your break
Cons
High expectations
Greggs review
Senior Team Member (shift leader) (Current Employee) –  Telford and Wrekin, Shropshire4 December 2017
Good place to work, good job security, kind staff and the work isn't too difficult. Hours suited reasonably well to family life, good company benefits.
good employer
Senior Sales (Current Employee) –  Tenby, Pembrokeshire4 December 2017
ive enjoyed my time at greggs but need a new challenge, not enough hours for me to stay, i need more than 16 a week, progression is slow too as i am ambituous
lack of staff
Customer sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire2 December 2017
Have to work overtime to keep the businesses running as there is a lack of staff. The people working there are mainly students so they cant do the hours required and are not passionate about the business itself
Pros
discount card
Cons
not enough staff, poorlyy managed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greggs. Our community is ready to answer.