GREENCORE Management reviews

Clean Workplace
Picker/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Smethwick, West Midlands3 July 2019
Greencore is a good place of work and offers a great variety of jobs. The management is good and cooperative, the staff are very friendly and create a great working atmosphere.
Pros
Good Food deals for workers
Cons
It can be tiring
what can i say
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Manton 1102 July 2019
Went temp and gave us a year contract wanted to stay but management never helped. I am a good worker so shows what Greencore want I am elsewhere, where may I say my manager is 150 per cent happy in my new job, I would have stayed but was thrown in my face
Pros
none really if your face does not fit
Cons
none again dont want workers
Treat people
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire12 April 2019
Good company and good benefits but i thought i was in England not in Romania. Everybody are from Romania supervisors managers and they don’t treat good people from other countries. They prefer only people from their country and this is no fare for the others but who cares they just want to do their job and that’s all they don’t care about the people or what happens there if you don’t are Romania
Pros
Good shifts-good treatment from company
Cons
Bad treatment from Romanian supervisors
Really cold place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire5 April 2019
Treated poorly and made to work days that i wasnt supposed to. They also tried to make me work on sundays even tho ive specifically said that i dont want to.
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
No shifts
was okay
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow25 March 2019
it was fine management are a bit strange and are not afraid to call you names etc. bit of bullying tactics going on but the wage was competitive for my age just wasn't in an ideal location so I left.
Dead end job
Mobile Stores Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Northampton24 January 2019
New employees always welcomed because very high staff turnover.
Management incompetent. Staff bullied by team leaders to "encourage" higher profits while cutting corners and treating employees as cash cows.
Outdoor job, miserable in the winter, made bearable by interaction with customers.
Pros
Daily lunch allowance
Cons
Outdoor work, exposed to weather, poor management culture
Worst Place / Unhygienic
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Bromley-by-Bow, Greater London12 January 2019
I have worked as a production associate in the mornings at Greencore however I was working for the agency. Appalling place to work at, they treat you as a number and have no care for your health whatsoever. I have seen the way they have make sandwiches and they do not care what ingredients go in they just make it look like they care but they don't. Some of the sandwiches won't even have anything inside it and they just send it for packaging.

The worst thing is anyone that's not from Europe does not get respected at all by any workers and you are a slave to them and they will treat you horrendously. Shambolic place to work in even the managers treat you like absolute disaster. They do not have any type of appreciation or any sympathy for the workers and as if you join the company from the agency group they are even worse.

This place is run by immature romanian's that stink and always talk in their language and they all have disgusting behaviour. Especially the supervisors, they will make you break your backs and work like a slave while they stand and watch you. They shout at you like your in school doing something wrong. They do not give u any sort of training before you start you just dig in when you arrive at your first day and expect you to be good at it and if your not they will send you home early. They send you home if your from agency aswell.

Do not work for this company full of illegal immigrants and I hope this company falls to the ground. I do not even realise how they have customers such as sainsburys, asda, tesco etc when their sandwiches and other food
  more... is worthless and made by stinking romanians and some of them don't even wear gloves.

They do not follow any sort of procedure and I hope this company dies down because it is one of the worst place I have worked in. Please do not work here because I have had the worst experience with back pains that is everlasting since 4 months.

Production, goods in, kitchen and despatching jobs are the worst. I would say hygiene is the best but some people treat you like slaves and think your only a vulnerable cleaner and will make mess on purposely for you. Especially the workers think they have more priority over you because they are from Mediterranean area such as the Hungarians, Bulgarians, Romanians.

They treat everyone like absolute worthless imbeciles and they show priority to supervisors like they are big bosses of the company whereas they are on the same level as the associates just might be getting paid a little extra. They give you 1 hour unpaid break split into two, which is awful and won't let you go toilet like your in school which is extremely unfair and they will tell you off and shout at you when you do the job and trust me you will not like it. Greencore is the worst job and I hope the CEO of Greencore has a look of what his worthless company is like making people work their heads off to make over 25000 sandwiches daily for only £50. Awful Job, appalling.
Pros
No sort of pros
Cons
Everything in the job is a negative.
Fast groving business
Front Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire7 December 2018
A good place to work for people who want progress and develop.
Management's friendly and helpful. You always know what time you will start work, but never know what time you will finish :)
Pros
sandwitches for 50p
Cons
not the best place to work
Production Operative/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bow, Greater London29 November 2018
Not best place to work people working there are mostly immigrant and romanian and they keep talking in their own language laughing possibly at other staff which gets annoying because you don't know if they are talking bad about you, so cold you can see your frozen breath,some management are new and young and don't explain properly what you have to do and make mistakes and blame you for it. The salary is not that great should be at least 8.00 but lower than that. If you work for agency they send you home early or keep cancelling your shift and if you turn up early morning at 6am and the production line is fully booked they send you home even though you wasted money for travel to come there so you have to call them everytime that you will be there before you start your shift to make sure you get your place.
Pros
40p sandwich and 25p hot drinks nice big canteen with t.v
Cons
cold, sometimes long hours
Terrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Smethwick, West Midlands28 November 2018
Don’t. Bother they don’t care about anyone but there selves injured at work and even with a doctors note they still not bothered absolutely terrible place to work
Worst place to work hope health and safety close you down the dangers in this work place is unbelievable
Pros
Non at all
Cons
Everything possible
Horrible people, dead end job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland22 November 2018
Place is a total joke, low pay, over worked, no cover poor management, constantly harassed.

You will be expected to do all the paperwork along with inputting multiple invoices in to a computer.

You will receive a disciplinary notice for next to nothing.

BLACK BOXS & Cameras in vans.
Used to monitor your driving from an office discussing.
Pros
Free launches
Cons
Poorly treated
Productive and fun workplace
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Atherstone, Warwickshire20 November 2018
The team we work with are very kind and efficient. We work together and make sure workloads are distributed evenly amongst all members of the team. I have learned many different skills such as I.T. skills, Internal auditing skills and various management skills.
Pros
Good salary
Worked ere
Driver (Former Employee) –  Newtown, Powys17 September 2018
Worked ere for agency they treated me badly the other drivers are back stabbers customers told me things and as for transport manager well no more than a joke
Cons
Technical Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire29 August 2018
Enjoyed my time at Greencore, but as an analyst there was nowhere for me to go without that side step into food. Management styles leave a bit to be desired, but an overall good atmosphere.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Management styles and poor salaries
False job spec
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Woolston, warrington26 August 2018
Worked here a few years ago as an administrator, I was 17. They had me cleaning out the store cupboard and making them lazy arses brews all morning. Treated me like I'd just come from school. So i walked out after 1 day crying and very angry. When I asked for my one days wage the manager said "no I don't think so". Office staff horrible. And miserable atmosphere.
Pros
Cons
False job spec
Its ok
What it got to do with you (Current Employee) –  Atherstone, Warwickshire13 August 2018
Like most places some staff are nice and friendly and others just don't care, There is a monthly award but 9 out of 10 times this goes to office staff and management for just doing there job, There is some opportunity but its not aways the best person for the job that gets it if you get my drift, there are rules but depending on who you are or what job you have depends if you get told off for breaking them, i have had warning off a manager and then see an engineer doing the same thing and the same manager does not say a think to him. So remember you are just a number
And it doesn't matter how good you are at your job the chances are you will be no better thought of than the person that couldn't be bothered
Pros
You get payed but not always correctly
Cons
Its just a horrible place to work
Way too much stress
Yard Operative (Former Employee) –  Wisbech, Cambridgeshire13 August 2018
I worked here for just over a month and my face didn’t fit so the manager made my life hard from start to finish I was a yard operative sorting out the food and general waste and other things the job is very demanding it’s hard to keep everyone happy don’t say anything to anyone as it will get around the place like a bad smell management are the worst they don’t care about you one bit only them selfs if you say something in the training course the trainer will run to management straight away my honest opinion is find somewhere else to work as they do not care about you and you are very easily replaced and I was contracted by greencore themselfs and I was replaced very fast
Pros
The people
Cons
Long hours and management and very demanding
greencore
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire24 July 2018
greencore at the time was my last option for work, honestly its the worst job i have ever had, quite clearly a massive language barrier between workers and management, job was unreliable as of when you worked, but please bare in mind i was working for the agency and not actually greencore themselves.
Pros
cheep pasta
Cons
working 48 hours over 4 days straight
great enviroment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne30 June 2018
my work started at 3.00am early starts 6 days a week delivering food products the management where very knoledgeable great friendly working enviroment
management
teamleader (Current Employee) –  Selby, North Yorkshire21 June 2018
after a lot of years here, the feeling of rejection and just being a number is now upon us. the current management stinks. haven't got a clue. work mates are the best. cant get over how massive the decline is here. fingers crossed it will be better again.
Pros
free car park
Cons
top tier management second rate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GREENCORE. Our community is ready to answer.