GREENCORE Employee Reviews

Treat people
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire12 April 2019
Good company and good benefits but i thought i was in England not in Romania. Everybody are from Romania supervisors managers and they don’t treat good people from other countries. They prefer only people from their country and this is no fare for the others but who cares they just want to do their job and that’s all they don’t care about the people or what happens there if you don’t are Romania
Pros
Good shifts-good treatment from company
Cons
Bad treatment from Romanian supervisors
Good work
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire8 April 2019
I worked there before 12 years. It was nice. Only changed the job because I was looking for something closer. I worked on serivce and as a line worker
Pros
Constant job
Cons
Cold
Really cold place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire5 April 2019
Treated poorly and made to work days that i wasnt supposed to. They also tried to make me work on sundays even tho ive specifically said that i dont want to.
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
No shifts
was okay
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow25 March 2019
it was fine management are a bit strange and are not afraid to call you names etc. bit of bullying tactics going on but the wage was competitive for my age just wasn't in an ideal location so I left.
Great company & people ethos
Senior Manager - Engineering Controller (Current Employee) –  Selby, North Yorkshire25 March 2019
Greencore conducts its' business in line with the core beliefs around, People, Great Food, Efficiency and Effectiveness. It's one of the only places I've worked where safety and people are 'really' at the top of the agenda and not just an agenda item.

Well structured meetings and pace on action is key to delivery.
Pros
Great people
Cons
little progression
Probably the best workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kelfield14 March 2019
Amazing. Great. Superb. Fantastic. Excellent. Profound. Brilliant. great staff and workers and manes with excellent banjana fouynders with expert experts.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Im not allowed to live there
Production - Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lennoxtown, Stirlingshire12 March 2019
Bring materials to the line. Very tiring job. Everyday is different, you need to make sure all changeovers have got the right material also you must follow production labn
Best Engineering Atmosphere I have been in for a long time.
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atherstone, Warwickshire14 February 2019
Normal day turn up check machines run for production.
Attend a few meetings.
Do some ppms
Answer breakdown calls
Fix general maintenance and building services.

Friendly staff, friendly managers.
Lots of Developmental opportunities.

Really enjoy working here.
Pros
Various discounts on other stores. Discounted sandwiches for sale. Staff parking. For engineers.
Cons
Wages could be a little higher to meet what other companies offer.
Dead end job
Mobile Stores Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Northampton24 January 2019
New employees always welcomed because very high staff turnover.
Management incompetent. Staff bullied by team leaders to "encourage" higher profits while cutting corners and treating employees as cash cows.
Outdoor job, miserable in the winter, made bearable by interaction with customers.
Pros
Daily lunch allowance
Cons
Outdoor work, exposed to weather, poor management culture
work day
Counterbalance forklift operator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 January 2019
working at euro car parts was fun and rewarding with kickers in place to increase salary while also drive a healthy competition in the office, also I gained a vast knowledge or car parts i didn't already know about previously.
easy work
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Warrington13 January 2019
the job was easy however it is also very repetitive, the team get along well and solo work is easy. hours are sometimes unreliable but the pay is usually steady.
Pros
skill building
Cons
short breaks
Worst Place / Unhygienic
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Bromley-by-Bow, Greater London12 January 2019
I have worked as a production associate in the mornings at Greencore however I was working for the agency. Appalling place to work at, they treat you as a number and have no care for your health whatsoever. I have seen the way they have make sandwiches and they do not care what ingredients go in they just make it look like they care but they don't. Some of the sandwiches won't even have anything inside it and they just send it for packaging.

The worst thing is anyone that's not from Europe does not get respected at all by any workers and you are a slave to them and they will treat you horrendously. Shambolic place to work in even the managers treat you like absolute disaster. They do not have any type of appreciation or any sympathy for the workers and as if you join the company from the agency group they are even worse.

This place is run by immature romanian's that stink and always talk in their language and they all have disgusting behaviour. Especially the supervisors, they will make you break your backs and work like a slave while they stand and watch you. They shout at you like your in school doing something wrong. They do not give u any sort of training before you start you just dig in when you arrive at your first day and expect you to be good at it and if your not they will send you home early. They send you home if your from agency aswell.

Do not work for this company full of illegal immigrants and I hope this company falls to the ground. I do not even realise how they have customers such as sainsburys, asda, tesco etc when their sandwiches and other food
  more... is worthless and made by stinking romanians and some of them don't even wear gloves.

They do not follow any sort of procedure and I hope this company dies down because it is one of the worst place I have worked in. Please do not work here because I have had the worst experience with back pains that is everlasting since 4 months.

Production, goods in, kitchen and despatching jobs are the worst. I would say hygiene is the best but some people treat you like slaves and think your only a vulnerable cleaner and will make mess on purposely for you. Especially the workers think they have more priority over you because they are from Mediterranean area such as the Hungarians, Bulgarians, Romanians.

They treat everyone like absolute worthless imbeciles and they show priority to supervisors like they are big bosses of the company whereas they are on the same level as the associates just might be getting paid a little extra. They give you 1 hour unpaid break split into two, which is awful and won't let you go toilet like your in school which is extremely unfair and they will tell you off and shout at you when you do the job and trust me you will not like it. Greencore is the worst job and I hope the CEO of Greencore has a look of what his worthless company is like making people work their heads off to make over 25000 sandwiches daily for only £50. Awful Job, appalling.
Pros
No sort of pros
Cons
Everything in the job is a negative.
Compare with all the rest factories in town greencore is quite good for someone who has no ambitions, skills and vision of the future.
Picker/ Transport (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire7 January 2019
Lacks of communication, no carrier aportunity, old equipment....
Big company where you are just a number and nobody really cares about how hard working person you are.
Pros
Job finished and you go home
Cons
You must stay back if job isn't done
its okay
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Selby7 January 2019
I work through a agency so the pay is about just over the minimum wage but you aren't guaranteed the hours as I'm currently finding out
the staff are really good people and you can have a laugh
Pros
the staff
Cons
pay
greencore
ixer (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire17 December 2018
was great working there with all the staff and great inverment but was just not for me at the time . the factory was great and could work as a team in busy periods .
didnt like that job
Greencore (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom13 December 2018
too much hours and early start i didnt like the managers there because they dont communicate with you as they should be and also i didnt like the hours that i was working
Cons
Forget it better places to work
hgv2 (Former Employee) –  Hatfield/wymondham11 December 2018
Absolute disgraceful this company drivers treated like c**p, I was transferred to another depot then they cut my hgv wage to a van drivers wage then after 2yrs they suspended me why they do an investigation for me just to receive my P45 no disciplinary what so ever. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.
Pros
Cons
Not respected
Fast groving business
Front Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire7 December 2018
A good place to work for people who want progress and develop.
Management's friendly and helpful. You always know what time you will start work, but never know what time you will finish :)
Pros
sandwitches for 50p
A nice team
Packing Operative (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire5 December 2018
The place where I work is a very nice place and the people are nice. My colleagues are also nice and they help me to learn and to understand very fast watch do I have to do.
not the best place to work
Production Operative/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bow, Greater London29 November 2018
Not best place to work people working there are mostly immigrant and romanian and they keep talking in their own language laughing possibly at other staff which gets annoying because you don't know if they are talking bad about you, so cold you can see your frozen breath,some management are new and young and don't explain properly what you have to do and make mistakes and blame you for it. The salary is not that great should be at least 8.00 but lower than that. If you work for agency they send you home early or keep cancelling your shift and if you turn up early morning at 6am and the production line is fully booked they send you home even though you wasted money for travel to come there so you have to call them everytime that you will be there before you start your shift to make sure you get your place.
Pros
40p sandwich and 25p hot drinks nice big canteen with t.v
Cons
cold, sometimes long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GREENCORE. Our community is ready to answer.