GREENCORE
Here to help
Coronavirus update

GREENCORE Employee Reviews

United Kingdom520 reviews
Been driving for greencore, out of Stonehouse for 11 months now, the honeymoon period is now certainly over, but im still happy in the job, all staff are treated equally, the banter is great, management are respectful of the staff, some aspects of health and safety seem a bit over the top, the vans are reasonably maintained, they could do the decent thing and get rid of the lightfoot rubbish though!
Pros
Happy relaxed environment
Cons
Waiting forever for a van
I worked there and i want to come-back everynight ,same like before..good job. Some persona speak that is not good job,and the workers are from more countries,without All thinks necessary.No!!!All workers respect!!!!
I want to work again .Very friendly companies.Pay my salary at time.It is very clean work place .Menegers treat the world with respect.The team is very respectful. There is no difference between the races
My shift started at 5, when i got there in morning ,i was asked to assist with loading vans , full shift as this is what "Extra-Driver" need to do untill they think otherwise. Also no training provided or any other form of health &safety on site (1 time ive seen this in last 8y)

Spent over 10h of my life to get his job, they never mentioned about it during the recruitment process. It might ve commonly known driver load theyr own runs but never to work full shift loaders.
Pros
Cons
Tight company that use drivers as yard operative
Everybody's shouting at you. When they're not currently shouting at you, they're shouting at somebody else. After few days, you feel your brain starts to shrink. And it's cold.
Pros
Canteen with on-site food
Cons
Cold, constant stress and shouting
It was a good company to work for. Each day was different and challenging. Really good colleagues and good company benefits. The hours that I worked were very good.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Too much expectation for too little reward, salary wise i feel like being in 2005 not 2020. Majority of management and office staff r useless. Bank holidays not paid extra. Avoid, unless you’re desperate.
Pros
Early start, early finish
Cons
Extremely low pay
Sometimes is good to work there, but some days there is a worst place to work, no respect from the higher management, people in the factory is not so bad, but some of them is rasist
Good
Good
I worked through agency, every now and then, and only weekend wages are worth all this effort. Weekdays wage is a joke.

Start times differ; you might be needed to start at 3.30am, or 12pm, at least on agency basis. I avoided early starts – firstly, simply because I don’t find it enjoyable to get up at night time, and secondly, because I find the night shift transport office staff unpleasant to deal with, to say the least. It’s quite opposite with the day shift.

Hygiene of many drivers seems to be on a very, very poor level. Interiors of several vans are so repulsive, that on one or two occasions I refused to drive unless they give me another van. As a general rule, I always wear gloves when in contact with a van, and I keep a disinfectant agent handy.

That a van can smell inside, like a homeless person’s lair is one thing. The other is that you can see dried particles and stains of unknown origin everywhere - on the seat, steering wheel, dashboard, windscreen… And often also lots of rubbish left behind.

Technical condition of many older vans leaves much to be desired, but the newest ones are nice.

There is no air con – which becomes a problem, when you are stuck in rush-hour traffic jam. Huge windscreen quickly changes driver’s cab in a greenhouse. Even with windows fully open, you’ll be soaking wet with sweat.

With the major client I have delivered for, you’ll have to load and carry heavy trays all day long. Unless you are a seasoned, full-time driver, having been on the same route many times, your work day will last at least for 11-12 hours. You are
 - more...
Pros
own boss on the road, very flexible through agency
Cons
long hours, dirty environment, wage
I Worked for greencore almost year and half my roles was hygiene and production some time i worked for hgine to cleaning a a floorcand mopping the floor cleaning deep clean as well .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GREENCORE?
stupiy run, work with 90% forgieners no offence to the but the ability of them to speak English is non existent... they are all disrespectful colleagues and management, just worry about the money in their own back pocket! Stay away!
It was good working in Green core and good future job I was working there as hygiene operative and team leader was really helpful and I like to wrk again in Green core
It was a pleasure because I worked at Greencore! Nice people's happy to help in every moment if I don't know something and have a great staff!Is a little bit tiredness to stay 10 hours per night standing up but it can be acceptable!
Good experience ,good ambient ,friendly,interview was quite quick, and I start working straight away,Was absolutely a good experience and I recommend the company
Shocking use agency staff for 2-3 month and get rid of them never again would I work there finish your run early and they add another run to make you work 12 hours and pay for 8
The production day is very varied depending on the volume of production required on any given day.Team work is a key factor to the success as is a good culture and a safe working workplace. Some of the roles can be repetitive but can also be fun with a good team environment.
Started as general operative but ended up getting promotions until I became a manager.
Only complaint was those that had been there a long time had better relationships with the shift manager and thus got away with certain situations other staff would have been disciplined for.
Bullying going off I was paid normal staff rates though I was hygiene, this was higher grade of pay than I received. Even when I was off sick with stress HR manager added to the stress and made it impossible for me to come back. Though I left a while ago now I still think people should know this. To be honest most of people who work there say they're looking for a new job
Good production and collaboration but the pay is 8.21 night shift is very hard, i want a leave this job just i dont like working in the night and i prefer moorning shift
An absolute joke of a business how it keeps going is only down to good pickers/drivers. Management are hilariously poor they couldn't run a bath.i would do over 8 hrs regulary but get paid for 8 while others do 51/2 hrs but paid for 8 ?? They have just screwed over loyal staff by moving site I would only recommend avoiding here they say u get 29 days holiday u don't I could go on avoid avoid avoid.
It was a well managed company to work for. loads of work coming from the factory. fast paced place to work for. A good team to be around and work for.