Green Network Energy

Green Network Energy Employee Reviews

United Kingdom15 reviews
the frontline staff are nice but the managment is poor and little to no communciation with staf. There is bully like atsmophere with constant hiring and firing. People are made to feel on edge, often treated like childern insteand of adults and the pay is not amazing. I would reccomend staying away from this job
Whilst the people you work with are nice and friendly, management makes working here stressful beyond belief. There is always someone being fired for one thing or another. Pay does not match the workload at all. Communication between teams so disorganised that you end up doing other people's work too. There is no room for progress at all.
Pros
Nice and friendly colleagues and team members
Cons
Management have no idea what they're doing and are all over the place.
A colleague got sacked on her birthday...enough said about the hierarchy however one manager in particular is lovely kind and caring just overruled by bullish management who have no respect for the work colleagues do.
Pros
Lovely staff at lower level
Cons
Horrible management at top level
It was One of the best sales experiences here in the UK. The environment was funny and I've met good colleagues and managers. This experience was relevant for me because I learned how to overcome objections.
It’s all a shambles, the company doesn’t provide security, they don’t value their staff members at all. Continued to have big staff intakes to only get rid of everyone but the email team. Apparently the company thrives on being a family business. It’s a complete and utter lie. They don’t even pay you on time and when you’re supposed to be in work but have no funds to get there, they fire you for not turning up due to they’re mess up of pay. This company is a joke. I wouldnt recommen.
Working at GNE was awful. Poor management even on a basic human level. Colleagues never felt valued with people being sacked weekly for minor incidents, constant issues with wages & more often than not had to stay at least half an hour past their shift finish time which was unpaid. Absolutely appalling
Pros
Good location
Cons
Poor management, forced overtime (unpaid) & unfair dismissal based on a terrible 6 month “probation” period.
Not a place where you want to work, trust me. The managers have no people skills! One of the worse jobs I have experienced and hope to God I don't experience one like that again!
The "Family" ethos that this company promotes is a complete farce, don't believe the hype!
No job security at this company with an incredibly high staff turnover with many losing their jobs for absurd reasons.

Colleagues within my team (and throughout the company) became increasingly "On-edge," throughout my time at GNE with it practically becoming a running-joke that someone had been sacked if employees noticed that their colleagues were absent or on leave.

Obviously this is no laughing matter but this is how people overcame the awkwardness and painfully uncomfortable setting that was set by GNE.

It soon became clear that you were easily expendable and replaceable with a blatant disregard for staff throughout every department of the company.

I received no training for my role and although I raised this many times and was loosely promised further training, this was never followed up.

The company implement new policies and procedures as and when it suits them and the list of rules were ever-increasing and became more and more ridiculous. Most staff discussing daily that they were being made to feel like children as opposed to adults due to the rules and policies that GNE suddenly put in-place.

I also approached management several times regarding the obvious lack of morale and motivation within my team (caused by the aforementioned issues) and by the ever-increasing work load which often included doing a high volume of work for other departments. I was met with a very condescending and incredibly negative attitude when this was raised and management had no intention
 - more...
Pros
Relaxed office attire, accessible location
Cons
Terrible management, expendable attitude towards staff, high staff turnover, no progression opportunities
Daily work at GNE is pretty straight forward with dealing with customers. However, work is complicated by managers and lack of communication between all departments. They fire people so often it becomes uncomfortable as they make it known that you’re easily replaced. They manipulate you to work overtime, but don’t pay you for you over time. Let me not forget to mention, if they don’t pay you a penny on payday even, make sure to not refuse to work for free, as they’ll fire you on the spot. I repeat, they don’t pay you, then fire you for not working because you’ve not being paid a penny.
This place is like a school or prison as they do not let you leave the building during breaks and are constantly adding new rules spontaneously, stay away.
I worked there for a period of 5 months, there is an obvious divide between phone staff and managers and the attitude towards front office staff is that they're expendable. If you want to feel appreciated in your job don't work here
Green Network energy is a great place to work with lots of friendly people and great office atmosphere. However, it lacked work-life balance and the structure is rigid.
Haven come from a larger organisation, I am finding the structure not very flexible
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
No work life balance
Management are rubbish like every other job so you got to be a full jobs worth sucking up to them to stay employed.

Normal 9-5 life but its actually 9-645 by the time you get out the building
I worked here for 7 months and we created a real family within the office. The job is straight forward with continual training as well as opportunities to progress within the company and create your own role. Worked monday to friday 8.30-5.30 with regular out of work activities. There is also a table tennis table in the office that is used on lunches.
Pros
Colleagues, office, work hours
the managers are all from Italy and have a primitive way of communicating with staff, there is a blame culture here that is evident to all and no atmosphere in the office at all.
Pros
employment
Cons
office politics, primitive language, you are made to feel expendable.